Help. I cant afford the stuff I voted for

Manonthestreet

Diamond Member
May 20, 2014
Surge in property tax bills spurs push to reform tax appraisal... | www.mystatesman.com

It’s not because I don’t like paying taxes,” said Gardner, who attended both meetings. “I have voted for every park, every library, all the school improvements, for light rail, for anything that will make this city better. But now I can’t afford to live here anymore. I’ll protest my appraisal notice, but that’s not enough. Someone needs to step in and address the big picture.”

It would be funny except she will move somewhere else, vote for all her pet causes, realize she's on the hook for them and can't afford them, so she will move somewhere else, repeat ad nauseum...

She is a cancer.

GW-Bush-library-opens.jpg

Put a surcharge tax on business income, for the business community benefits mightily from these attractions.

Texas has no state income tax so naturally, other taxes (in her case property taxes) are going to be higher.

One way or another, shit's got to get paid for.

Not to hard to figure out now is it.

Oh, look! Corporations got to keep more of their money! Yay!

Oh, wait. That meant other people had to pay more...

A key problem, critics say, is that the current system has shifted a disproportionate share of the burden of paying for schools and local services on homeowners, in favor of commercial and corporate interests who can afford to appeal their values and win big reductions year after year. The share of property taxes from homeowners to support public schools grew from 45 percent to 54 percent over a 12-year period, while commercial and industrial owners’ share has declined to less than 20 percent.

Gee, didn't I just point out this reality to you, martybegan, a few minutes ago?

:lol:

A key problem, critics say, is that the current system has shifted a disproportionate share of the burden of paying for schools and local services on homeowners, in favor of commercial and corporate interests who can afford to appeal their values and win big reductions year after year. The share of property taxes from homeowners to support public schools grew from 45 percent to 54 percent over a 12-year period, while commercial and industrial owners’ share has declined to less than 20 percent.

Gee, didn't I just point out this reality to you, martybegan, a few minutes ago?

Corporations don't send their kids to school, you keep saying they are not people.

Corporations don't send their kids to school, you keep saying they are not people.

Please show where I ever said that. Thanks.

You really should not make shit up. It destroys your integrity.

I'm actually a big defender of the Citizens United decision, dumbass.

Nevertheless, corporations benefit from an education system that provides them trainable workers. That's the whole point behind Common Core.

Last edited:

And not surprisingly this has made Texas a booming state. When business is good home values increase. When you vote for more government spending your tax rates on your home increase. Stop spending so much fucking money on shit and lower the tax burden.

Please show where I ever said that. Thanks.

You really should not make shit up. It destroys your integrity.

I'm actually a big defender of the Citizens United decision, dumbass.

Nevertheless, corporations benefit from an education system that provides them trainable workers. That's the whole point behind Common Core.

LOL common core providing a trainable work force.

and OK, lets raise property taxes on commercial and industrial property, guess who ends up paying for that anyway.

Companies will ALWAYS make the same amount of profit to remain viable, the cost will go on down the line to us. In fact, the increase in prices ADDS to the burden as government now gets to tax us even more on it.

And not surprisingly this has made Texas a booming state. When business is good home values increase. When you vote for more government spending your tax rates on your home increase. Stop spending so much fucking money on shit and lower the tax burden.

I believe in small government and level playing fields.

The tax structure is far from level, and this is defended by hypocrites.

There are people who call themselves "conservatives" when it suits their needs to take shit away from other people. But when you ask them to give up their own government prizes which come at other people's expense, they start screaming like welfare queens.

Hypocrites.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back