Hello from Russia

Hello everyone !!

My name is Sergei. I'm 27 yo and I live in Russia (so far). I've been studying English on my own for the last 2.5 years. I came here to practice my English and also to improve it hopefully. Another word, I just want my English worked.

I plan to move to the US and to stay there forever. But don't misunderstand me, please. I don't want to be an illegal immigrant. I want to become an american citizen. I love America. I always wanted to live in the US. It used to be a dream but now it's been turned to a certain plan. I don't feel like typical russian. And I feel uncomfortable living in Russia even after 27 years. I feel like I'm a guest here. Or even as I would be born in a wrong country. Well, it is not easy to explain everything I feel about it, but I guess you got my point. :)

So, I'm here to find good friends or just to have nice conversation.
Yeah, you want to increase your wealth massively. Sure, who don´t.
On your journey, don´t get stuck on Hartz IV, please. All lifeboats are almost full.

Hey, I want my Russian improved so I can get the hell out of this shit hole. Can we arrange some kind of swap Serge?
If I had a chance I'd like to swap with a great pleasure. :D But I also wouldn't recommend you to move to Russia, because it is the same hole here LOL

Yes, I think so too. Really good English.

It is, but the American dialect, I suppose it would be called, is a whole different ball game.

Maybe you would explain how you manage to post about 60 posts a day? That seems improbable.

Something funny is going on.
I totally agree with you. And I try to learn american dialect. At least I always keep it in my mind and I pay attention at as I would call it "americanisms" - american style of English. Even thou it's not easy to learn all the details being here in Russia. I wish I could completely surround myself with the English language, but I still hear Russian every day and I hope to change it as soon as I am in the US. I just need to get dipped in to the English language. Can't wait it.

Hey, I want my Russian improved so I can get the hell out of this shit hole. Can we arrange some kind of swap Serge?
If I had a chance I'd like to swap with a great pleasure. :D But I also wouldn't recommend you to move to Russia, because it is the same hole here LOL

Definitely recently. Oh....and welcome to the boards. :bye1:

Hello everyone !!

My name is Sergei. I'm 27 yo and I live in Russia (so far). I've been studying English on my own for the last 2.5 years. I came here to practice my English and also to improve it hopefully. Another word, I just want my English worked.

I plan to move to the US and to stay there forever. But don't misunderstand me, please. I don't want to be an illegal immigrant. I want to become an american citizen. I love America. I always wanted to live in the US. It used to be a dream but now it's been turned to a certain plan. I don't feel like typical russian. And I feel uncomfortable living in Russia even after 27 years. I feel like I'm a guest here. Or even as I would be born in a wrong country. Well, it is not easy to explain everything I feel about it, but I guess you got my point. :)

I taught English conversation in Japan for three years...
Here's how I would write what you did... :)

Hello Everyone,

My name is Sergei. I am 27 years old and currently reside in Russia. I've been studying English on my own for the last two and a half years and have joined this forum to practice my English and hopefully improve my conversational English.

I someday plan to move to America and become a permanent legal resident and citizen. I love America and have always wanted to live in your country. It used to be only a dream, but I plan to make it a reality in my life.

I am not a “typical” Russian. Even after all these years, I still feel uncomfortable living in this country. I feel like a guest here, born in the wrong country. These feelings are not easy to explain, but I hope you get my point.

I am simply here to meet new people and to take part in friendly conversations.
Thank you so much for your reply !! I dream to learn how to write such beautiful English as you have demonstrate !! Once I was chatting with people who study English too and there was a native speaker in the chat room. He was a journalist and I was so much impressed of his style of English !! He wrote such perfect English so I thought to myself "One day I will write as good as he does". :) I think about to try myself in writing in English. I am going to start practicing in writing some short articles in order to achieve my goal. Maybe it'll help me.

Could you, please, give me some tips (ideas, recommendations) how to write better? I started reading more books (and other stuff) and I hope it will help. What would you recommend me besides reading books? Where and how should I write in hope to make my writing more literary. I will appreciate any help !!

Thank you again !!

Thank you for the rules. Some of them were funny, but most of them are useful. Sometimes I know how to read between lines :) I only have a question I am curious about. What is the Tea Party organisation? :) I've never heard about it. But I wish I could know :)

Thanks. And nice to meet you.

Sergei! Welcome!

We'd be delighted to have you live here legally. We'll send a dozen of our Liberals to take your place in the old USSR because they love it so much
LOL :D Well, unfortunately they won't find their luck because nothing left from USSR except some good or bad memories.

Hello everyone !!

Yeah, you want to increase your wealth massively. Sure, who don´t.
On your journey, don´t get stuck on Hartz IV, please. All lifeboats are almost full.
Well, thanks. But I am not a kid. It's not the American Dream for me. I can get rich here in Russia too and it would be even easier in some cases. But I just want to live in America and that's all I want. To get successful (not to get just rich) is also important for me but it is other issue.

It is, but the American dialect, I suppose it would be called, is a whole different ball game.

Maybe you would explain how you manage to post about 60 posts a day? That seems improbable.

I totally agree with you. And I try to learn american dialect. At least I always keep it in my mind and I pay attention at as I would call it "americanisms" - american style of English. Even thou it's not easy to learn all the details being here in Russia. I wish I could completely surround myself with the English language, but I still hear Russian every day and I hope to change it as soon as I am in the US. I just need to get dipped in to the English language. Can't wait it.

I spent the better part of a year teaching a young russian named Arkady Ami-Englisch, as it is called where I live. He picked it up quite fast, I must say. Good pupil.

Hello everyone !!

Welcome to USMB, SSergei. Hope you enjoy the boards and that we somehow, help you with your English usage. :thup: (thumbs up = It's all good) :)

Could you, please, give me some tips (ideas, recommendations) how to write better? I started reading more books (and other stuff) and I hope it will help. What would you recommend me besides reading books? Where and how should I write in hope to make my writing more literary. I will appreciate any help !!

Thank you again !!

Find an American or Canadian over there - and have them teach you conversational English. One-on-One...

hey [MENTION=46136]dreolin[/MENTION] - I just noticed this.

I am my own businessman, an on my free days, considering the bad weather in my region, I sometimes sit, drink my coffee and post. Is that ok with you? :)
Dude, it's pretty easy to post more than 60 times a day.

I am my own businessman, an on my free days, considering the bad weather in my region, I sometimes sit, drink my coffee and post. Is that ok with you? :)

I was just curious. It just seemed strange, but I am sure that my lengthy posts and poor typing skills make it a relative thing.

Slan agus beannacht, mo chara.

My wife is German. When we met we could not carry on a conversation. She had 6 years of English but had never conversed with an English speaking person. She knew the vocabulary well. With time she became very fluent. So well that she is the only German I've ever met that speaks with no accent whatsoever. People don't realize she's German unless she tells them. I really admire her knowing her journey. She came to America, graduated from a major university Summa Cum Laude and is now a first grade teacher. Hang in there. You'll be fine.

I was just curious. It just seemed strange, but I am sure that my lengthy posts and poor typing skills make it a relative thing.

Slan agus beannacht, mo chara.

fadhb ar bith!

:)

My wife is German. When we met we could not carry on a conversation. She had 6 years of English but had never conversed with an English speaking person. She knew the vocabulary well. With time she became very fluent. So well that she is the only German I've ever met that speaks with no accent whatsoever. People don't realize she's German unless she tells them. I really admire her knowing her journey. She came to America, graduated from a major university Summa Cum Laude and is now a first grade teacher. Hang in there. You'll be fine.

Great story of personal initiative and perserverence!!

I also don't have a strong or heavy russian accent. And I was told many times that I don't sound russian at all and people didn't believe me that I was from Russia. lol I may sound like a European but nothing like russian with the strong russian RRRRR sound. :) So I guess I have a chance. I have an american friend who lives in Mississippi. We talk on Skype every day for the last two and a half years and it definitely helped me. I still remember the day I started to talk to him on the mic (we kept chatting before). I couldn't even connect "two words" to build a sentence. That seemed impossible form me. But now everything in the past. lol Now when I remember those first days (even months) I am laughing :D

I also don't have a strong or heavy russian accent. And I was told many times that I don't sound russian at all and people didn't believe me that I was from Russia. lol I may sound like a European but nothing like russian with the strong russian RRRRR sound. :) So I guess I have a chance. I have an american friend who lives in Mississippi. We talk on Skype every day for the last two and a half years and it definitely helped me. I still remember the day I started to talk to him on the mic (we kept chatting before). I couldn't even connect "two words" to build a sentence. That seemed impossible form me. But now everything in the past. lol Now when I remember those first days (even months) I am laughing :D

Good!

Maladyetz!!!

You sound very determined to come to the USA. I hope it works out.

I have been in St. Petersburg - great place to do stuff.

Forum List

Back