Hello from Russia

SSergei

Rookie
Dec 3, 2013
Hello everyone !!

My name is Sergei. I'm 27 yo and I live in Russia (so far). I've been studying English on my own for the last 2.5 years. I came here to practice my English and also to improve it hopefully. Another word, I just want my English worked.

I plan to move to the US and to stay there forever. But don't misunderstand me, please. I don't want to be an illegal immigrant. I want to become an american citizen. I love America. I always wanted to live in the US. It used to be a dream but now it's been turned to a certain plan. I don't feel like typical russian. And I feel uncomfortable living in Russia even after 27 years. I feel like I'm a guest here. Or even as I would be born in a wrong country. Well, it is not easy to explain everything I feel about it, but I guess you got my point. :)

So, I'm here to find good friends or just to have nice conversation.

Hello everyone !!

My name is Sergei. I'm 27 yo and I live in Russia (so far). I've been studying English on my own for the last 2.5 years. I came here to practice my English and also to improve it hopefully. Another word, I just want my English worked.

I plan to move to the US and to stay there forever. But don't misunderstand me, please. I don't want to be an illegal immigrant. I want to become an american citizen. I love America. I always wanted to live in the US. It used to be a dream but now it's been turned to a certain plan. I don't feel like typical russian. And I feel uncomfortable living in Russia even after 27 years. I feel like I'm a guest here. Or even as I would be born in a wrong country. Well, it is not easy to explain everything I feel about it, but I guess you got my point. :)

:welcome: Your English is very good.

Hello everyone !!

Welcome Sergei!,

Chuck

Hey, I want my Russian improved so I can get the hell out of this shit hole. Can we arrange some kind of swap Serge?

Yes, I think so too. Really good English.

It is, but the American dialect, I suppose it would be called, is a whole different ball game.

Maybe you would explain how you manage to post about 60 posts a day? That seems improbable.

Something funny is going on.

Hello everyone !!

Hey, welcome. There are plenty of Russians in America so you will be fine. Language is just language and some of us polyglot a lot. It makes life interesting.

Hello everyone !!

I taught English conversation in Japan for three years...
Here's how I would write what you did... :)

Hello Everyone,

My name is Sergei. I am 27 years old and currently reside in Russia. I've been studying English on my own for the last two and a half years and have joined this forum to practice my English and hopefully improve my conversational English.

I someday plan to move to America and become a permanent legal resident and citizen. I love America and have always wanted to live in your country. It used to be only a dream, but I plan to make it a reality in my life.

I am not a “typical” Russian. Even after all these years, I still feel uncomfortable living in this country. I feel like a guest here, born in the wrong country. These feelings are not easy to explain, but I hope you get my point.

I am simply here to meet new people and to take part in friendly conversations.

hello everyone !!

My name is sergei. I'm 27 yo and i live in russia (so far). I've been studying english on my own for the last 2.5 years. I came here to practice my english and also to improve it hopefully. Another word, i just want my english worked.

I plan to move to the us and to stay there forever. But don't misunderstand me, please. I don't want to be an illegal immigrant. I want to become an american citizen. I love america. I always wanted to live in the us. It used to be a dream but now it's been turned to a certain plan. I don't feel like typical russian. And i feel uncomfortable living in russia even after 27 years. I feel like i'm a guest here. Or even as i would be born in a wrong country. Well, it is not easy to explain everything i feel about it, but i guess you got my point. :)

so, i'm here to find good friends or just to have nice conversation.

*******welcome*******

Welcome to the message board Sergei! I am so glad that you have the desire to immigrate to the United States. Welcome! Always makes me smile because theirs not too many people looking to move to places like Rwanda (unless you have a machete fetish) or Vietnam (unless you have this great need to make cheap furniture or cheap clothes).

There are some rules and assumptions to the board that I think you need to be aware of. Let me get those out of the way:

1. I am the OFFICIAL luster of AquaAthena, Syrenn, and TinyDancer's avatars. That job is taken and in my rich and over active imagination I am in the middle of an affair with all three.

2. NEVER say anything bad about President Obama unless you are prepared to be immediately labeled a racist and Grand Wizard of the KKK. There are those here who kneel down, face toward Washington and pray five times a day to the God of the blank check.

3. 9-11, the Murrah Building in Oklahoma City, the first World Trade Center bombing, both Kennedy assassinations, Martin Luther Kings assassination, the Moon Landings, and the Pan Am flight that was destroyed over Locerbie were all government conspiracies. Never mind that this is supposedly the same government that can't create a website for health care, couldn't keep Edwin Snowden from stealing NSA secrets, or can't get a Pakistani doctor out of jail for helping in the Bin Laden raid. The conspiracy forum is a sight to behold.

4. Warrior102, High_Gravity, Moonglow, RightWinger, Sallow and others are perpetually under the influence of mind altering beverages or substances. They have all had guest appearances on "Dr. Drews Celebrity Rehab" so they are kind of celebrities on the board.

5. If you come to the US, you will hear from some that members of the Tea Party are actually domestic terrorists who are bent on the destruction of the United States government and are more dangerous than Al Queda. I am a member of the Tea Party and know that it is not true. If you join the Tea Party, we'll show you the secret handshake, give you the double-secret password, and you get a permanent discount coupon for the Grand Slam at Denny's.

6. Some mental institutions in the US provide access to computers and the Internet for their most disturbed patients. I don't know why, but they seem to congregate here. You'll see them creating threads from time to time and get to know who they are. For them, tin foil is a very real home decorative idea.

That pretty much sums up the basic rules. Once again, welcome to the board. Look forward to hearing from you.

Last edited:
Hello everyone !!

:welcome:

Sergei! Welcome!

We'd be delighted to have you live here legally. We'll send a dozen of our Liberals to take your place in the old USSR because they love it so much

Welcome to the message board Sergei! I am so glad that you have the desire to immigrate to the United States. Welcome! Always makes me smile because theirs not too many people looking to move to places like Rwanda (unless you have a machete fetish) or Vietnam (unless you have this great need to make cheap furniture or cheap clothes).

There are some rules and assumptions to the board that I think you need to be aware of. Let me get those out of the way:

1. I am the OFFICIAL luster of AquaAthena, Syrenn, and TinyDancer's avatars. That job is taken and in my rich and over active imagination I am in the middle of an affair with all three.

2. NEVER say anything bad about President Obama unless you are prepared to be immediately labeled a racist and Grand Wizard of the KKK. There are those here who kneel down, face toward Washington and pray five times a day to the God of the blank check.

3. 9-11, the Murrah Building in Oklahoma City, the first World Trade Center bombing, both Kennedy assassinations, Martin Luther Kings assassination, the Moon Landings, and the Pan Am flight that was destroyed over Locerbie were all government conspiracies. Never mind that this is supposedly the same government that can't create a website for health care, couldn't keep Edwin Snowden from stealing NSA secrets, or can't get a Pakistani doctor out of jail for helping in the Bin Laden raid. The conspiracy forum is a sight to behold.

4. Warrior102, High_Gravity, Moonglow, RightWinger, Sallow and others are perpetually under the influence of mind altering beverages or substances. They have all had guest appearances on "Dr. Drews Celebrity Rehab" so they are kind of celebrities on the board.

5. If you come to the US, you will hear from some that members of the Tea Party are actually domestic terrorists who are bent on the destruction of the United States government and are more dangerous than Al Queda. I am a member of the Tea Party and know that it is not true. If you join the Tea Party, we'll show you the secret handshake, give you the double-secret password, and you get a permanent discount coupon for the Grand Slam at Denny's.

6. Some mental institutions in the US provide access to computers and the Internet for their most disturbed patients. I don't know why, but they seem to congregate here. You'll see them creating threads from time to time and get to know who they are. For them, tin foil is a very real home decorative idea.

That pretty much sums up the basic rules. Once again, welcome to the board. Look forward to hearing from you.

Sorry - drug and alcohol free here, nutsack.

Hello SSergei...

1806257z3eusaaty8.gif

Welcome to USMB...:)

Forum List

Back