Hell yeah i am better off today.

I'm better off too. Much better.

I don't think that many remember the incredible uncertainty that took place in October 2008 when Bush was bailing out Wall Street.

The worst days for the Dow are as follows:
dow-plummets-graphicjpg-1f29cd5603eed3ca.jpg
A great many of the worst days happened in Bush's thankfully waning days. Say what you want about the DJIA but it's one of the bellweather signs of confidence--often times misplaced confidence in my view.

Why would we want to go back to the polices that caused the mess in the first place?

Bush bailed them out? I think Congress had to vote and the Democratically held Congress vote overwhelmingly to approve the bailout.

Bush pushed for it and signed it. ;)

He had to have help to get it passed, he couldn't just make it happen, Obama and McCain voted for it as did others, it passed the Senate 74-25 and one no vote. 16 Republicans against, 9 Democrats against. In the House 10 Democrats and 156 Republicans voted against it.

He had Democrats and Republicans approval, to lay it at the feet of Bush is amusing at best.

I don't think that many remember the incredible uncertainty that took place in October 2008 when Bush was bailing out Wall Street.

A great many of the worst days happened in Bush's thankfully waning days. Say what you want about the DJIA but it's one of the bellweather signs of confidence--often times misplaced confidence in my view.

Why would we want to go back to the polices that caused the mess in the first place?

Bush bailed them out? I think Congress had to vote and the Democratically held Congress vote overwhelmingly to approve the bailout.

Oh so Obama isn't responsible for the debt...Congress is. You really wanna go there?

Congress is responsible for TARP, and last I heard Obama voted in favor for of it.

Bush pushed for it and signed it. ;)

And the tax payer opposed it, you think their some difference between obama and bush? How so?

Oh so Obama isn't responsible for the debt...Congress is. You really wanna go there?

Congress is responsible for TARP, and last I heard Obama voted in favor for of it.

yup the dems told Bush it was going to happen so to sign it fast so the money could get rolling, funnny how people forget that.

the american people are to be blamed, start taking responsiblity.

In a way I agree with you. Right now we have job openings at my work and it has been hard feeling them. My job isn't glamorous but it pays the bills.
Some are willing to work a few jobs to get by, some are okay with sitting on unemployment waiting for the same type of job they had before. People need to wake up and realize those jobs are gone.

Are they hard to fill because people aren't qualified or are they hard to fill because no one wants them. There is a difference.

There are jobs here in NJ in Respiratory Therapy but not eveyone has the credentials or the ability to take 2 years to get them.
Also people who are way over qualified are applying for jobs under their potential and employers wont hire them because they do not want to wate the money training them only to have them leave when they find anything remotely better. There are people with masters degrees applying for desk clerk filing jobs.

The bigger question is whether you are better off now than you were six or eight years ago.

The snapshot take when Obama came into office is worthless. The economy was gong to equilibrate without him.

It's all straw.

Better off than six years ago ? Not by a long shot.

In a way I agree with you. Right now we have job openings at my work and it has been hard feeling them. My job isn't glamorous but it pays the bills.
Some are willing to work a few jobs to get by, some are okay with sitting on unemployment waiting for the same type of job they had before. People need to wake up and realize those jobs are gone.

Are they hard to fill because people aren't qualified or are they hard to fill because no one wants them. There is a difference.

There are jobs here in NJ in Respiratory Therapy but not eveyone has the credentials or the ability to take 2 years to get them.
Also people who are way over qualified are applying for jobs under their potential and employers wont hire them because they do not want to wate the money training them only to have them leave when they find anything remotely better. There are people with masters degrees applying for desk clerk filing jobs.

"There are people with masters degrees applying for desk clerk filing jobs."

I know that feeling well.

The bigger question is whether you are better off now than you were six or eight years ago.

The snapshot take when Obama came into office is worthless. The economy was gong to equilibrate without him.

It's all straw.

Better off than six years ago ? Not by a long shot.

I was.

"There are people with masters degrees applying for desk clerk filing jobs."

I know that feeling well.

my friend with a masters degree, security guard. but we have to work.

As bad as it is now, with 16 trillion dollars in debt and the interest at 10 billion dollars a week, it is going to get much MUCH worse.

Ahh...I get it. When it benefits the GOP talking points, blame the President. When not, blame the Congress. Of course. And the 8 years of "hands off" wall street...yeah, Congress's fault too right? I'm sure somehow it will be.

Again, why would anyone want to go back to the same rules and regulations that gave us so many bad days on Wall Street and damaged the confidence of the country so drastically?

I mean; look at it?

The only thing I can say about benefitting from waht Obama has done is that I was able to purchase a bigger home because the housing market is so poor that those who can buy get in for rock bottom. But if you already owned the home have lost significant value.

Ahh...I get it. When it benefits the GOP talking points, blame the President. When not, blame the Congress. Of course. And the 8 years of "hands off" wall street...yeah, Congress's fault too right? I'm sure somehow it will be.

Again, why would anyone want to go back to the same rules and regulations that gave us so many bad days on Wall Street and damaged the confidence of the country so drastically?

I mean; look at it?

Tell us...why are democrats still pushing sub primes.....

]What Is The Real Unemployment Rate? - Seeking Alpha

"This means there has been no real improvement in the unemployment rate over the last couple of years. We have only been creating enough jobs to tread water with the growth in total population."

We will not see progress on lowering the "real" unemployment rate until the country begins to consistently see job gains in excess of 250,000 month after month, which is almost double the average monthly job gain reported so far this year.

Dumb fuck, we are not losing 750,000 jobs a month as your people were doing on 20Jan09. The stock market has regained most of it's pre-recession value. Things are not gaining as fast as any of us would like, but the nonsense you people spew is just that, nonsense.

America is far better off than it was at the end of the Bush years.

I've talked with other area plumbing contractors they have some jobs but they are fighting to stay above water and are not hiring. They are letting people go and working the crap out of the people they have. A job that may take 4 or 5 people to do are making their people do the job with less help. I talked with one the other day he hasn't even put the first piece of pipe in the grounds and said he's not going to be hiring anyone to do the job. he has 4 men left and the job will take a year to do.

]What Is The Real Unemployment Rate? - Seeking Alpha

"This means there has been no real improvement in the unemployment rate over the last couple of years. We have only been creating enough jobs to tread water with the growth in total population."

We will not see progress on lowering the "real" unemployment rate until the country begins to consistently see job gains in excess of 250,000 month after month, which is almost double the average monthly job gain reported so far this year.

Dumb fuck, we are not losing 750,000 jobs a month as your people were doing on 20Jan09. The stock market has regained most of it's pre-recession value. Things are not gaining as fast as any of us would like, but the nonsense you people spew is just that, nonsense.

America is far better off than it was at the end of the Bush years.
Turning what should have been a quick recovery in to years of pathetic growth,..

And you are a big enough idiot to cheer..........

And slamming Romney for saying he will create 12 million jobs is pretty weak considering he does own businesses so if adjustments are made in policy he does have the ability thru his businesses to create jobs

I mean; look at it?

Tell us...why are democrats still pushing sub primes.....

LOL. Six of the ten worst days on Wall Street were under the Bush Admin, and then you point to one bad day under President Obama? A day that has already been almost gained back. You guys are pathetic.

And slamming Romney for saying he will create 12 million jobs is pretty weak considering he does own businesses so if adjustments are made in policy he does have the ability thru his businesses to create jobs

It would have been just as realistic if Romney-Ryan had claimed that he was going to create 120,000,000 million jobs. The type of economic policies he is pushing have never created jobs, they have always resulted in massive job losses.

Forum List

Back