Hell and Purgatory

Rodimus

Platinum Member
Dec 8, 2021
Hell is not a place where you go after you die. It's what happens at the end of the world.

Dolores Cannon said in Conversations With A Spirit (Between Death And Life) that Hell does not exist but Purgatory does exist.

Actually, Hell is where you go to await the White Throne Judgement which takes place at the end of the millennial reign of Christ...
Purgatory does not exist. According to Paul, if you are in Christ, you go straight up...

2 Corinthians 5:8 But we are confident, and have a good will to be absent rather from the body, and to be present with the Lord.​

Doesn't the idea of purgatory deny the tender mercies of Jesus Christ? If you repent and are forgiven of your sins, why would you need to go to purgatory? I have never grown up with the teaching of purgatory but when reading about it, it sounds contrary to the mercies of Jesus Christ. Is there any scriptural evidence of purgatory? What is the justification of such a teaching?

Last edited:
Doesn't the idea of purgatory deny the tender mercies of Jesus Christ? If you repent and are forgive of your sins, why would you need to go to purgatory? I have never grown up with the teaching of purgatory but when reading about it, it sounds contrary to the mercies of Jesus Christ. Is there any scriptural evidence of purgatory? What is the justification of such a teaching?
There is none--ALL go into the grave and await the resurrection. That occurs after the tribulation and Armageddon. The little flock who are promised heaven get resurrected prior to the later resurrection. Its called the first resurrection- Will be the early resurrection-Phillipians 3:11-The rest wait in the grave until after the trib and armageddon for that resurrection.

I never read that in the bible. Babylon the greats fall is next. That triggers the trib.

Bible Verses About The Rapture​

Bible verses related to The Rapture from the King James Version (KJV) by Relevance

- Sort By Book Order

1 Thessalonians 4:17 - Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Luke 17:34-37 - I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left. (Read More...)

1 Thessalonians 4:16 - For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

Revelation 3:10 - Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

Mark 13:32 - But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

Matthew 24:29-31 - Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: (Read More...)

1 Corinthians 15:52 - In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

Daniel 12:1-2 - And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book. (Read More...)

1 Thessalonians 5:9 - For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

Matthew 24:31 - And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Luke 12:40 - Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not.

Romans 10:9 - That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Revelation 20:2-5 - And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, (Read More...)

1 Thessalonians 5:2 - For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

Matthew 24:42 - Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

Luke 17:34 - I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.

2 Thessalonians 2:3-7 - Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; (Read More...)

Mark 13:32-37 - But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father. (Read More...)

Matthew 24:27 - For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

who triumph in good free their spirits for admission to the everlasting -

if there is the version, armageddon in conclusion all will be lost - there will be no survivors, anyone saved. the evil will be punished for a determinant amount of time.

Bible Verses About The Rapture​

Bible verses related to The Rapture from the King James Version (KJV) by Relevance

- Sort By Book Order

1 Thessalonians 4:17 - Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Luke 17:34-37 - I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left. (Read More...)

1 Thessalonians 4:16 - For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

Revelation 3:10 - Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

Mark 13:32 - But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

Matthew 24:29-31 - Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: (Read More...)

1 Corinthians 15:52 - In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

Daniel 12:1-2 - And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book. (Read More...)

1 Thessalonians 5:9 - For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

Matthew 24:31 - And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Luke 12:40 - Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not.

Romans 10:9 - That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Revelation 20:2-5 - And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, (Read More...)

1 Thessalonians 5:2 - For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

Matthew 24:42 - Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

Luke 17:34 - I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.

2 Thessalonians 2:3-7 - Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; (Read More...)

Mark 13:32-37 - But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father. (Read More...)

Matthew 24:27 - For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

That speaks to the little flock( Luke 12:32) only these are promised heaven. There are few of them on earth. Most lived in Jesus' day. They are the anointed bride of Christ,= 144,000 promised to be kings and priests on thrones beside Jesus( Rev 1:6, Rev 20:6)--The great crowd( Rev 7:9) of other sheep( John 10:16) are not of that fold are the only other ones who will get saved, they are not promised heaven anywhere. No man can number them.

That speaks to the little flock( Luke 12:32) only these are promised heaven. There are few of them on earth. Most lived in Jesus' day. They are the anointed bride of Christ,= 144,000 promised to be kings and priests on thrones beside Jesus( Rev 1:6, Rev 20:6)--The great crowd( Rev 7:9) of other sheep( John 10:16) are not of that fold are the only other ones who will get saved, they are not promised heaven anywhere. No man can number them.
The 144,000 is during the tribulation the church won't be here for that.

Doesn't the idea of purgatory deny the tender mercies of Jesus Christ? If you repent and are forgiven of your sins, why would you need to go to purgatory? I have never grown up with the teaching of purgatory but when reading about it, it sounds contrary to the mercies of Jesus Christ. Is there any scriptural evidence of purgatory? What is the justification of such a teaching?
Everyone in Purgatory eventually goes to Heaven. In Conversations With A Spirit by Dolores Cannon, they say Purgatory is not a punishment. I do not remember exactly what was said in Dolores' book but I highly recommend reading it. You can order the book Between Death And Life (Conversations With A Spirit) by Dolores Cannon at www.ozarkmt.com

Hell is not a place where you go after you die. It's what happens at the end of the world.

Again, archeoastronomically-speaking, from the beginnings of history since man first attempted to understand and describe his world, since beyond the vault of stars above was considered the abode of heaven and the Gods, the center of the Earth, middle-earth, or whatever lay far below deep in the earth which was seen as a flat island floating in water, was seen as where Hell or Hades must reside.

Dolores Cannon said in Conversations With A Spirit (Between Death And Life) that Hell does not exist but Purgatory does exist.
We are in a universe , not a world .

Start with the distribution of energy and then explain to me why Dolores is such an expert on the price of parsnips .

Forum List

Back