Hear exclusive audio of Trump discussing classified documents in 2021

Magnus

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2020
CNN has exclusively obtained the audio recording of the 2021 meeting in Bedminster, New Jersey. This is where former President Donald Trump discusses holding secret documents he did not declassify. Listen to the tape.
Edited in a period and two words for thread start rule conformity. White 6.

The audio recording comes from a July 2021 interview Trump gave at his Bedminster resort for people working on the memoir of Mark Meadows, Trump’s former chief of staff. The special counsel’s indictment alleges that those in attendance – a writer, publisher and two of Trump’s staff members – were shown classified information about the plan of attack on Iran.

The episode is one of two referenced in the indictment where prosecutors allege that Trump showed classified information to others who did not have security clearances.

Trump’s statements on the audio recording, saying “these are the papers” and referring to something he calls “highly confidential” and seems to be showing others in the room, could undercut the former president’s claims in an interview last week with Fox News’ Bret Baier that he did not have any documents with him.

Last edited:
Now legal pundits are saying that the conduct on the tape, has to be charged in New Jersey, and not Florida because a crime has to be indicted and tried in the state and district in which it occured.
I do think that was mentioned weeks ago...I just do not remember where. But according to some news source they were discussing why the charges were not in New Jersey since that is where the most grievous crime with the indisputable evidence occurred. I guess this is that evidence.

I do think that was mentioned weeks ago...I just do not remember where. But according to some news source they were discussing why the charges were not in New Jersey since that is where the most grievous crime with the indisputable evidence occurred. I guess this is that evidence.
They found the classified documents in Mar Lago. He has to be charged at the scene of the crime. There is no getting around that.

Forum List

Back