"Health is a right"

Apparently you CAN take inalienable rights away from people, because,

why else would the authors of the D of I continue by saying that governments are formed to secure those rights?

Yes, inalienable rights can be taken away. They are taken away today in North Korea, Venezuela, and Iran (just to name 3). The constitution protects us from losing those rights, that's the point, fool.

The constitution was amended to give women the right to vote.

1. Was that an 'inalienable right' that already existed, that the government finally chose to secure, or,

2. Was that right invented by the government?

Voting is not a basic human right. You are confused, as usual.

Voting IS a constitutional right.

you just don't get it. its kind of like talking physics to your cat.

Who gave us the right to vote? Our Creator (or nature if you want) or the US government?

why else would the authors of the D of I continue by saying that governments are formed to secure those rights?

Yes, inalienable rights can be taken away. They are taken away today in North Korea, Venezuela, and Iran (just to name 3). The constitution protects us from losing those rights, that's the point, fool.

So you agree, it's the government that defines and protects your rights.

NO, protects, but does not define. The constitution makes that clear. Basic human rights do not come from governments.

Then how and why do we have the right to vote if the right to vote is not a basic human right, according to you?

The government DEFINED voting as a right and then proceeded to secure that right by law.

voting is a legal right based on our body of federal and state law. Life, liberty, and happiness cannot be legislated, they are basic human rights. They can be taken away, and are in many places today, but they remain inalienable.

I know that's a difficult thought process for liberals since you believe that everything comes from government, but the founders got it right and wrote it down.

Are you aware that in the Declaration of Independence, the words life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness are

preceded by the words '...among them...'?

Do you know what that means?

NO, protects, but does not define. The constitution makes that clear. Basic human rights do not come from governments.

Then how and why do we have the right to vote if the right to vote is not a basic human right, according to you?

The government DEFINED voting as a right and then proceeded to secure that right by law.

voting is a legal right based on our body of federal and state law. Life, liberty, and happiness cannot be legislated, they are basic human rights. They can be taken away, and are in many places today, but they remain inalienable.

I know that's a difficult thought process for liberals since you believe that everything comes from government, but the founders got it right and wrote it down.

The protection of your rights comes from the government,

but only after the government has decided what are or are not your rights.

1. Was that an 'inalienable right' that already existed, that the government finally chose to secure, or,

Is the right to equal protection under the law a natural right, or a right invented by the government?

Who gave us the right to vote? Our Creator (or nature if you want) or the US government?

voting is not a right. Its the way we select our leaders, it is a statutory process established by law. Freedom is a right, you are free to vote or not to vote.

again, I know this is hard for the liberal mind to grasp. But everything does not flow from government, the government is not your momma.

Are you aware that in the Declaration of Independence, the words life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness are

sure I do, but apparently you don't.

Tell us in your own words then what it means.

governments write laws and enforce laws. governments do not establish rights.

I think your problem here is that you don't understand the meaning of the word "rights".

those are 3 of the inalienable rights endowed by our creator. Only the declaration authors know why they chose to list only those 3.

voting is not a right. Its the way we select our leaders, it is a statutory process established by law. Freedom is a right, you are free to vote or not to vote.

again, I know this is hard for the liberal mind to grasp. But everything does not flow from government, the government is not your momma.

That's idiocy. The right to vote is clearly established in the Constitution.

A woman was not 'free' to vote before the Constitution was amended to give her that right.

I think your problem here is that you don't understand the meaning of the word "rights".

So a woman always had the right to abortion, but it was only protected by law after the government intervened?

Is the right to equal protection under the law a natural right, or a right invented by the government?

it is a premise of our system of law, derived mostly from the British system of common law, equal protection under the law is supposed to ensure that we are all treated equally in court, the OJ trial proved the flaw in that premise.

So a woman always had the right to abortion, but it was only protected by law after the government intervened?

No, no one had a "right" to murder another human being, born or unborn. Making it legal, does not make it a right.

those are 3 of the inalienable rights endowed by our creator. Only the declaration authors know why they chose to list only those 3.

They listed them as examples. BTW, they are the opinion of the authors of the D of I, and as such bear no particular claim to be the absolute truth in the first place.

A woman was not 'free' to vote before the Constitution was amended to give her that right.

If it was a right bestowed by the creator then it would exist in places like North Korea. It is provided in some countries by passage of laws. Voting is not a natural right.

for the final time, until you understand the meaning of "right" this discussion is a waste of my time.

No, no one had a "right" to murder another human being, born or unborn. Making it legal, does not make it a right.

So you're the 'Creator' who decided what rights are inalienable?

lolol.

If it was a right bestowed by the creator then it would exist in places like North Korea. It is provided in some countries by passage of laws. Voting is not a natural right.

for the final time, until you understand the meaning of "right" this discussion is a waste of my time.

You are clueless. You're now contradicting your previous claims.

lolol.

with each new post you confirm your lack of common sense, history, and life in general.

I will waste no more time on you.

lolol.

with each new post you confirm your lack of common sense, history, and life in general.

lol, you always say something like that when you've lost the argument.

lolol.

lol, you always say something like that when you've lost the argument.

I have never lost an argument to you or any liberal. That's because your arguments are not based on facts, they are based on emotion and feeeeeeeellings.

I post facts and truth. that's why I always win. Bye now.

Forum List

Back