Headless Bronze Statue Honoring the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Unveiled in Boston!

Yeah!....Everyone can totally see that pic and the sculpture of two disembodied arms holding a giant turd are totally the same!

fuck my life
I saw a post that made me laugh. Someone noted, that, from a different angle, it looks like something else. . .

77w7m5.jpg
77w7nc.jpg

So you aren't going to answer my question?

Just a link that shows me what you were told to believe, that it?

At least you are honest, thanks.

:113:
Some people liked it, some did not.

Some King members liked it, some did not.

If the King family does not like it, they can ask for it to be removed and another one commissioned.

Go be condescending somewhere else.

How many fine art classes did you take at University?

Do you really believe this criticism has to do with racism? How well do you know the art community? And art history?

:dunno:
This is what I was answering to before. If that is not a racist comment, I do not know what is.

"Two worthless turds if there ever was! Could you imagine the stench they gave it off?"

Post #10

Go be condescending somewhere else.
My intention, was not to be condescending, it was to point out the obvious reality of the situation.
Some people liked it, some did not.

Some King members liked it, some did not.

If the King family does not like it, they can ask for it to be removed and another one commissioned.
Thank you for pointing out, what is apparent to everyone. The city council, had a responsibility, to serve, EVERYONE in the community, not to play politics.

They did not do this, they played politics.

Anyone that really knows and has studied fine art, and art history at the university level, would know, this artist, was NOT chosen for his qualifications on this piece.

When a person gets a BFA in fine arts, they have to do TWICE the class hours of work, that anyone else has to do, for any other degree, they have to do studio time, for every hour of lecture. So for instance, if you get a teaching, engineering or business degree, you get 400 credits, you do 400 hours. Every drawing or sculpting class I took, and I took many of them, for I loved the fine arts, a four credit class, involved eight hours of class time a week.

Added to that, even the most expert artist will tell you, regardless of whether you are doing sculpture or two-dimensional work, capturing the likeness of a person, is some of the most difficult work there is.

I do not doubt that Hank Willis Thomas did some fine art class work, but his formal education is in photography. It would have been better if he had submitted a design in such medium, IMO. All of his stuff in the Guggenheim are photographs.

Most of his career, has not been in photography though. I suspect he choose that degree, so he did not have to do all that class work, which would probably be an indication as to why he did not even attempt to do a historical capture of the likeness of King or his wife.

1674077986424.png

I have gone over his work, and yes, he IS an accomplished black artist, but his work is largely political in nature, it is NOT about corporate or government oriented historical documentation of a memorializing nature. He was NOT an appropriate pick for a civic project, it is clear, this was political patronage.

I also looked at the other proposed picks for that spot, none of them were sculptures, they more resembled architectural parks. The goal of a designer, should be, to please as MUCH of the public as possible, not just some of the people. This is not an art gallery exhibition.

Though I like and respect Picasso and Warhol, I would not like them to do the presidential portraits of Eisenhower or Kennedy, they aren't appropriate choices.

I don't even believe the Picasso in Daley Plaza is appropriate, and when it was unveiled, many agree. Cities are hard enough places to live and work in as it is, the discordance and abstractness should not be added to.

Simple question, which would make a better presidential portrait, and which one do you think would please more people throughout all time for posterity?

800px-John_F_Kennedy_Official_Portrait.jpg
iu

One is by a professional that does memorializing government and corporate art, the other is by a famous artist in the art world. . .

This is my point. One will please the masses for all time, for its purpose that it is intended to serve, the other is political.

Last edited:
This is what I was answering to before. If that is not a racist comment, I do not know what is.

"Two worthless turds if there ever was! Could you imagine the stench they gave it off?"

Post #10
While I do agree with you, I don't much care for purposeful comments that are intended to trigger SJWs, the fact is, we now live in a society of double standards. This was made obvious to all when Trump ran, and the establishment has done nothing to rectify the situation. As long as we have some standards for some people, and other standards for others, as long as laws are applied to some politicians and some people one way, and not to others? I am afraid, we will see balkanization continue.

Crying out for stuff like reparations, safe spaces, protected speech, hate laws, and things like that? Will only make matters worse. Liberty, Equality, and fraternity are part of the DNA of this nation. Shoe-horning in double standards for social engineering purposes will only bring of more of this.

Some of the older members on here? I know whether they are truly racist or not, the newer ones? I cannot tell.

The direction this thread as taken? I agree, is rather pitiful. I don't agree with folks being loathsome jackasses, just because leftist scum use post-modern philosophy to classify some thoughts as, "good," and some as, "bad." At that point? As Nietzsche said;

iu

That shit isn't very funny to me, and I don't have a lot of patience for it. . . Anyone that thinks it is, should read Mother Night, by a very famous humorist.

Forum List

Back