Headed in the wrong direction

task0778

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2017
Texas hill country
Is the country headed in the right direction? Just 27 percent answered The Economist/YouGov pollsters in the affirmative, 1500 responses from Sep 12-14 2021. Fifty-eight percent see it heading in the wrong direction. Consider that in February of 1999 71 percent reported satisfaction in the direction of the country to Gallup and in June of 1986 69 percent did.

I wasn't contacted, but I woulda said to put me down in the column that says we're fucked. Somebody toss me a line and talk me down off the ledge.

It’s going downhill very quickly in America, but there will be a stopping place sometime and somewhere. And that stopping place may be an ugly thing, filled with violence and hatred.

My kids have been wearing masks for two school years now. They have to wear them while playing sports as well. Govt prints money like it may forever, creating massive inflation. People aren’t working as they cannot be evicted and the Govt keeps feeding them money. So now businesses cannot find enough workers. Supply chain is disrupted. We have a massive border crisis. Morale is in the toilet due to Afghanistan. Companies are forcing social justice on employees and the Govt is mandating vaccines even to those who already had the virus and are now immune.

What’s not to like?

Is the country headed in the right direction? Just 27 percent answered The Economist/YouGov pollsters in the affirmative, 1500 responses from Sep 12-14 2021. Fifty-eight percent see it heading in the wrong direction. Consider that in February of 1999 71 percent reported satisfaction in the direction of the country to Gallup and in June of 1986 69 percent did.

I wasn't contacted, but I woulda said to put me down in the column that says we're fucked. Somebody toss me a line and talk me down off the ledge.

Oh, go ahead and jump. Seriously, your thread lacks who or what are factors that make the wrong direction?

• The Rise of racism, misogyny & xenophobia?
  • The Domestic or Foreign policies?
  • Fear Mongering on Social Media?
  • The internal attack on democracy?
  • The long arguments on
    • the pandemic
    • climate change
    • abortion
    • gun control
    • civil rights
  • The rise of authoritarianism
  • Voter Suppression Efforts
  • Gerrymandering
  • Mitch McConnel and his abuse of power
  • Jan 6. 2021 and other terrorists attacks
    • foreign, and
    • domestic.

1. You guys are not helping to get me off this ledge. :cry:

You need to liken our economy with a train. The train doesn't stop on a dime, not does our economy.
But make no mistake, they do slow down to a stop. Remember stagflation?

I'm not worried about stopping, I'm worried about backing up and going in the wrong direction, ala another 1930s depression. And it ain't me I'm worried about, I ain't wealthy but I can get along until it's time for me to get off the train. It's this country and you young people that are my concern, not many are used to or can cope with the shitstorm that's coming. And the worst part is that we're doing it to ourselves and future generations will have to deal with the consequences. Too many people want to take the easy way with no responsibilities, and that ain't going to work over the long run.

I'm not worried about stopping, I'm worried about backing up and going in the wrong direction, ala another 1930s depression. And it ain't me I'm worried about, I ain't wealthy but I can get along until it's time for me to get off the train. It's this country and you young people that are my concern, not many are used to or can cope with the shitstorm that's coming. And the worst part is that we're doing it to ourselves and future generations will have to deal with the consequences. Too many people want to take the easy way with no responsibilities, and that ain't going to work over the long run.
Thank you for calling me a young person, I just wish I was.
For the most part I do agree with you. I am hoping that we have the right stop gaps in place to avoid a depression.

Thank you for calling me a young person, I just wish I was.
For the most part I do agree with you. I am hoping that we have the right stop gaps in place to avoid a depression.

C'mon, you're young at heart, right? 'Course, I'm sure being a Mod kinda puts a damper on that sometimes.

Question for you and anyone else: do we have some stop gaps in place right now to avoid a depression? I guess we could say the filibuster is one stop gap, otherwise we might've already doubled the current 2021 deficit from what the average was under Trump. And the dems wanna do away with the filibuster, so what's left? The SCOTUS? I kinda have some doubts about that too, plus the dems wanna pack the court too. What else? I got nothin'.

I forgot to add to my post above, #9:

• Greed
  • Grifters
  • Agent Provocateurs

Oh, go ahead and jump. Seriously, your thread lacks who or what are factors that make the wrong direction?

• The Rise of racism, misogyny & xenophobia?
  • The Domestic or Foreign policies?
  • Fear Mongering on Social Media?
  • The internal attack on democracy?
  • The long arguments on
    • the pandemic
    • climate change
    • abortion
    • gun control
    • civil rights
  • The rise of authoritarianism
  • Voter Suppression Efforts
  • Gerrymandering