He didn't steal his guns or borrow them. He bought them...at Walmart

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
He didn't steal his guns or borrow them. He bought them...at Walmart

I wonder how many gun owners @ USMB got their guns this way:eusa_whistle:

How the violent mentally ill can buy guns

Interesting.............................................................................................

Police then quickly searched Hume's home, finding Janet Hume's body in a bedroom, the affidavit said.

While Hume's lawyer declined to be interviewed, the inventory of items seized from the home in relation to the case tells a gruesome story.

In addition to the handgun and three rifles, police also removed a Whirlpool freezer, a reciprocating saw and a serrated kitchen knife, according to the inventory, filed with the search warrant. They also seized a pair of blood-splattered safety glasses and a white plastic trash bag containing women's clothing that was "cut up/stained," the document said.

Authorities found parts of Janet Hume's body inside the freezer, along with the body of a house cat, the district attorney told the Oklahoman newspaper.
How the violent mentally ill can buy guns - CNN.com

The Repubs want to protect the rights of the mentally ill to buy guns. Unless they commit a crime, there is no reason to deny them their 2nd Amendment rights!

Sickening.

The Repubs want to protect the rights of the mentally ill to buy guns. Unless they commit a crime, there is no reason to deny them their 2nd Amendment rights!

Sickening.

Dante supports the 2nd amendment decisions of recent times,,,and they do not shut off sensible and rational gun control

America has had forms of gun control since before the American Revolution....history 101

Sickening.

Liar! We don't want felons or crazies to possess guns. It's relatively easy to find arrest records in a back ground check, but unless a person has been determined insane by a court, there is no public record. How do you fix that while respecting a patient's privacy?

Sickening.

Liar! We don't want felons or crazies to possess guns. It's relatively easy to find arrest records in a back ground check, but unless a person has been determined insane by a court, there is no public record. How do you fix that while respecting a patient's privacy?

Yet crazies ans felons do get guns legally.

How do you propose we address that?

Well, it also says in that article that the Virginia Tech shooter passed a Federal background check even though a court declared him mentally ill. What happened is VA did not pass the paperwork to go into the Federal database.

Also, private gun dealers and guns shows do not all require a federal background check which is something that really needs to happen.

So both of these issues need to be resolved but there are privacy laws and the 10th amendment that stand in the way.

There needs to be a mandatory requirement for a Federal background check and not only if you have been in a mental institution but also are mental ill with a history of violent tendencies-this needs to be flagged.

The guy in this story was a Schizophrenic with violent tendencies yet was able to buy guns and two places and passed a Federal background check.

This really needs to be addressed.

I would think most of us would agree. Not sure why the NRA doesn't?

Well, it also says in that article that the Virginia Tech shooter passed a Federal background check even though a court declared him mentally ill. What happened is VA did not pass the paperwork to go into the Federal database.

Also, private gun dealers and guns shows do not all require a federal background check which is something that really needs to happen.

So both of these issues need to be resolved but there are privacy laws and the 10th amendment that stand in the way.

There needs to be a mandatory requirement for a Federal background check and not only if you have been in a mental institution but also are mental ill with a history of violent tendencies-this needs to be flagged.

The guy in this story was a Schizophrenic with violent tendencies yet was able to buy guns and two places and passed a Federal background check.

This really needs to be addressed.

I would think most of us would agree. Not sure why the NRA doesn't?

Some people with an agenda are deaf, dumb, and blind to any reasonable evidence that contradicts their imbecility

And by the way, Dante, I recently bought a rifle at the Walmart in Foley, Alabama.

They let mentally ill stalkers and self professed former gang members like yourself to buy firearms? That's redneck alabama for you,..

And by the way, Dante, I recently bought a rifle at the Walmart in Foley, Alabama.

They let mentally ill stalkers and self professed former gang members like yourself to buy firearms? That's redneck alabama for you,..

I bet they don't let folks who threaten families - like protective ordered folks - to purchase arms.

The government absoutly shouldn't, but just look at how Ernie was able to simply walk into a walmart and buy a firearm. That's how fucked up the bright red south is,...

Last edited:

I bet they don't let folks who threaten families - like protective ordered folks - to purchase arms.

The government absoutly shouldn't, but just look at how Ernie was able to simply walk into a walmart and buy a firearm. That's how fucked up the bright red south is,...
We'll, Ernie is an upstanding citizen. He doesn't have any POs against him for threatening families, or anything like that. Of course Ernie can walk in to a Walmart, fill out the government paperwork, get the FBI check done, and walk out.

I'm pretty sure the government would forbid you from legally owning any arms.

I passed a background check you asshole. Could you?

I passed a background check you asshole. Could you?
Maybe that's his problem (well, one of the many)...he's pissed off because he can't own a firearm.

We'll, Ernie is an upstanding citizen. He doesn't have any POs against him for threatening families, or anything like that. Of course Ernie can walk in to a Walmart, fill out the government paperwork, get the FBI check done, and walk out.

That's funny how ultra-right wing nutcases like yourself think a self proclaimed former gang member that committed numerous crimes are "upstanding citizens" :lol:

I love how you and inbred ernie are BFF now, it's adorable!
gay_love-468.gif

That's funny how ultra-right wing nutcases like yourself think a self proclaimed former gang member that committed numerous crimes are "upstanding citizens" :lol:

I love how you and inbred ernie are BFF now, it's adorable!
gay_love-468.gif
Oooooo. I can get some dish on Ernie? Awesome. Now, what crimes did Ernie commit?

I just love scooping others on the dish.

Forum List

Back