Haven't Textbooks Taught Critical Race Theory For Decades??

Yep, that's about the extent of your knowledge of CRT. If you spent 1% of the time you spend whining like a little bitch about it on actually learning about it, you might not say so many stupid things.

I have less patience to deal with you nitwits. Be grateful I answered you at all

"While they [conservatives] generally oppose Critical Race Theory, the academic movement started by Black scholars, they have historically embraced the uncapitalized version of race theory -- but because so many see whiteness as a default, they don’t understand that their entire education has already been racialized. The fact that most people know about Betsy Ross’ amazing ability to sew or Paul Revere’s talent for riding and yelling, but have never heard of Mary Ellen Pleasant or Colonel Tye is proof that the American education system is filtered through the lens of whiteness.

For centuries, this country’s schools have perpetuated a whitewashed version of history that either erases or reduces the story of Black America [and others] down to a B-plot in the American script - because the white-centric interpretation of our national past is so commonly accepted, most white people have convinced themselves that anything that varies from the Caucasian interpretation must be a lie."

Now, what was interesting was that this article went on to research the history books of GOP Senators who are so triggered by CRT -- to see why they are so fixated on teaching the version of history they were taught.....like Senator Marsha Blackburn who was taught using history books collated by United Daughters Of The Confederacy...hmmm....in it they learned that the Brown vs Board decision was a travesty and that slaves may have been human chattel, but they were mostly treated like family.....hmmmm.....no wonder accurate tellings of history would trigger her so much...she was raised to believe a whole lie....

How about Senator Cotton from Arkansas.....his high school textbook from 1995 taught about slavery in a very similar way that Marsha learned decades ago...it even referred to the Civil War, not as the Civil War -- but the war for Southern Independence...Again, this was 1995.....it also made sure that students didn't feel that "War of Independence" was over slavery..I repeat...this was 1995....so no wonder Cotton is triggered by accurate tellings of history...and no wonder he dog whistles to Neo-Confederates so much....

So for all the hand wringing we see over "Critical Race Theory" -- truth is; a certain purposely incomplete and flawed version of race theory has been taught in this country for generations....And one should ask themselves, why this need to rewrite a history that is easily debunked and proven false with just a minor bit of research?? Would you feel that same way if our textbooks began to see the "good side" of the Nazi Holocaust....would you be lecturing holocaust survivors and their descendants about how it wasn't really that many Jews exterminated and how some Jews in concentration camps were treated like family?? Or is it still too soon to try to rewrite that history?
That stink will clear the room. Racist bullshit.

That stink will clear the room. Racist bullshit.
As if you would know. You know nothing about any of this. You don't even know why you are having a tantrum. All you know is that your white wing handlers said you are supposed to be throwing a tantrum.

As if you would know. You know nothing about any of this. You don't even know why you are having a tantrum. All you know is that your white wing handlers said you are supposed to be throwing a tantrum.
I know about CRT. I know that fascists want it taught in our schools. Replete with FBI thugs. That is all I need to know.

Forum List

Back