Have to respect Director Comey, he has had to deal with alot of crazy bs the last year.

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Watching him throughout this latest FBI Hearing at Capitol Hill. So, I've stated many times, I've read a tonne of books on the FBI and CIA. Good and the bad. From their low mark of McCarthyism to the most recent cases. They deal with the difficult, the tough jobs, the honest jobs and take responsibility when they have rogue agents or poorly formed cases (a la entrapment and the like).

He sits in front of these politicians with his suit on and without any pretense. He answers for the screw ups of politicians and their establishment masters (and media) who worked overtime to try and sweep their carelessness and possibly criminal activity under the rug. He doesn't avoid questions, tells them stoically when they ask if he needs a break that "I am made of stone" to laughter from the crowd. Bottom line, hes not ducking, running, hiding or even need any time to "plan his responses". He is being accountable and honourable as a firm believer in the Rule of Law and Due Process.

As he stated regarding his decision to speak openly and truthfully about the Clinton investigation, "we had to reinforce American publics faith in the justice system" He also made a very important point, quote not exact but "the tipping point for me was the former Attorney General (Lynch) meeting with Bill Clinton on the tarmac". He knew at that point that the FBI had to illustrate that they weren't carrying the water for her, even though I bet dollars to donuts there was extreme pressure on him to avoid even investigating, let alone prosecuting.

How else was he going to reinforce American faith and all of the distrust of the Clinton investigation, the former AG potential conflict of interest, if he didn't speak candidly? To this day, you can be sure there are MANY Americans dismayed that her Foundation and email scandal didn't lead to charges. Let alone the other crazy access of classified emails placed on a creeps computer, Anthony Wiener.

Cheers to your democracy. God Bless Comey for doing what so many others would want to avoid, and even more countries don't support....transparency and credibility. No agency is perfect, but at least these guys strive to reach Nirvana.

Last edited:
No respect here. Hard to respect someone who refuses to do his job. Especially a "public servant".

No respect here. Hard to respect someone who refuses to do his job. Especially a "public servant".

He has repeated time and time again, the case against her didn't have a chance of prosecution. Doesn't mean he doesn't believe she is guilty of a few things, or borderline criminal, point is, to the letter of the law, it wouldn't succeed in the courts.

He has repeated time and time again, the case against her didn't have a chance of prosecution. Doesn't mean he doesn't believe she is guilty of a few things, or borderline criminal, point is, to the letter of the law, it wouldn't succeed in the courts.

He may have been correct but it's not his place to make that decision.

He wanted the people to have restored faith in the system so he told everyone about Clinton...

But he decided to keep the Trump investigation secret, yanno...so the people can have faith in the system.

Get it?

He wanted the people to have restored faith in the system so he told everyone about Clinton...

But he decided to keep the Trump investigation secret, yanno...so the people can have faith in the system.

Get it?

If Trump met AG Lynch on the tarmac of a plane and spoke for half hour while he was under investigation by the FBI and it was well known he was under investigation by the FBI, I presume Comey would have had to make the same decision. Furthermore, Clintons activities were well known by the country, it was a lengthy investigation with plenty of smoke. I will once again, point to her Foundation also, which doesn't get nearly enough attention.

Forum List

Back