Dalia

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2016
France
Hello for this thread like titlle say :

One of the ghosts of the Capitol
us-capitol-2.jpg

U. S. Capitol The National Capitol, 1825

presents itself in military uniform and appearance, with a large roll of parchment under his arm. Who drew up plans for the federal capital of the United States of America. He probably returns to demand eternally the payment of his fees, which the Congress of Washington never paid him during his lifetime.

L_enfant.gif
Name ;
Pierre Charles L'Enfant Born on August 2, 1754 in Paris and died June 14, 1825 in Chillum (Maryland), is a Franco-American civil engineer and architect. He drew up plans for the capital city of the United States of America, Federal City, now known as Washington, DC.

Hello for this thread like titlle say :

One of the ghosts of the Capitol
View attachment 127597

U. S. Capitol The National Capitol, 1825

presents itself in military uniform and appearance, with a large roll of parchment under his arm. Who drew up plans for the federal capital of the United States of America. He probably returns to demand eternally the payment of his fees, which the Congress of Washington never paid him during his lifetime.

L_enfant.gif
Name ;
Pierre Charles L'Enfant Born on August 2, 1754 in Paris and died June 14, 1825 in Chillum (Maryland), is a Franco-American civil engineer and architect. He drew up plans for the capital city of the United States of America, Federal City, now known as Washington, DC.

They never paid him? Typical.

Does he say: "I want my 2 dollars"?

Hello Marion Morrison, a other place...

The story of Drury Lane and his ghosts ....

Queen Victoria at the Theater in 1888

Le théatre

Different ghosts are supposed to haunt the old and venerable theater of Drury Lane in London. The most famous of them is the Man in Gray. This particular spirit is atypical in the sense that it is regarded rather as a fortunate omen than as a sign of ill omen or unhappiness. An offer of exorcism concerning this ghost was once rejected by the direction of the theater.

The Man in Gray is a ghost characterized by his dignity, a beautiful young man elegantly dressed, apparently come from the eighteenth century. He wears on his hair a powdered wig and a tricorn. The most obvious piece of clothing, and the one that earned him his name, is his long gray coat. One can see the pommel of a sword protruding from below the mantle.

Man in gray does not come screaming or shouting through the theater; It does not drag noisy chains to scare the regulars. It does not even appear at night. It is most often seen between nine in the morning and six in the evening before the show. The character takes a slow and steady step to go from one end of the henhouse to the other and disappears into a wall; It also disappears if someone approaches it too closely.

The Man in Gray has been pointed out for more than a century, and it appears most often in rehearsals where the theater is almost empty. Sometimes it was seen during the mornings, but it was reported behind the scenes on one occasion. It is considered that this ghost is part of the public rather than the troupe of actors.

King George VI went one morning to Drury Lane, especially with the intention of seeing the phantom, but the man in gray failed to obey the royal request. Some think that it takes a particular talent or sensitivity to see the ghost, because one or two people in a group distinguish it while others do not see anything. It is also believed that many human apparitions in gray remain unreported because people who have never had wind of history simply take it for an actor in costume.

No one knows who is supposed to be the Man in Gray, but there is a story that could explain the origin of the character. A little more than a century ago, workers repairing the balcony passed through a wall and discovered a small room that was not suspected. Inside, there was the skeleton of a man, with a dagger stuck between the ribs. A few shreds of clothing still adhered to the bones and allowed the skeleton to be dated as of the eighteenth century. The remains were carried away and buried in a cemetery near the theater.

W. J. Macqueen-pope, an expert in the history of the theater, gave a theory about the skeleton. According to him, it was that of a young man who had been assassinated, perhaps by a person attached to the theater. The body had then been walled up and had not been uncovered until the victim and the crime had been completely forgotten.

But the man in gray is not an angry ghost looking for vengeance, quite the contrary. It is most often seen during rehearsals of plays that are a success. He is not very interested in fiascos. He was seen during the rehearsals of the musicals Oklahoma, Carousel, South Pacific and The King and I, so many triumphs at Drury Lane.

Source: paranormalskyrock.com.

And there

Joseph Grimaldi was born in 1779, of Italian parents. From an early age he always dreamed of becoming an actor. His dream came true when he was accepted as a clown.
He was especially famous for his exaggerated movements and facial expressions, which have since become the basis of any clown number. Immediately after he died in 1837, he came back to haunt his Sadler's Wells theater. During the period after his death, his comedian friends were often shocked to see his face in some of the boxes.

Another popular ghost in the midst of London's theater is the ghost of John Buckstone, director of the Haymarket Theater from 1853 to 1876. He had a crazy talent for finding the most successful plays and jokes and thanks To this he succeeded in making a full house almost every evening during his entire career as director.
Today, it is said that he always helps the theater through his talent to select a winning piece. Indeed, it appears only before one plays a piece which will be a real success.

An officer dressed in Khaki uniform of the First World War haunts the Coliseum Theater. It is believed to be an officer who often came to see rooms there during his leave, but was killed at the front
In 1927, the Society for Psychical Research organized two sessions in St James's Theater. For the first session, two actors and a team of mediums are assembled.
When they asked the spirit to communicate, an invisible hand took the pen and began writing on the sheet of paper. He wrote:
"I am Oscar Wilde." "I am not dead.
In translation, it gives:

"I'm Oscar Wilde.

I came back so the world knew I was not dead. Death is the most boring thing apart from marriage or dinner with a teacher. "This little word is a typical example of the special humor that Oscar Wilde has shown throughout his life.

When the second session was organized, the remaining friends and relatives were naturally asked to
Present to try to get in touch with him. He took up the pen again, this time to write a much longer message than the preceding one.

This message was full of the romanticism of rose water that Oscar loved so much during his lifetime, and there are many phrases like "the red sunset must follow the apple-green dawn" Apple-green dawn ") or" year after year, the hawthorn bears blood-red fruit after the white death of may ".
The message ended on this call of despair "pity Oscar Wilde" ("Have mercy on Oscar Wilde)".
Persecuted during his lifetime for his homosexual inclinations, he died abandoned by his family and detested. But even in his last moments he did not lose his legendary humor, and his last words on his deathbed were "Either that wallpaper goes or I go" I am leaving !").

There is also a ghost at the "Adelphi Theater". This specter comes in the form of a man dressed all in black but wearing white gloves. Since he was very shy, no one managed to get near him until the 50s, when a caretaker cleaning the backstage came face to face with a box. After comparing what she had seen with pictures of the most famous actors in this theater, she found the identity of the ghost: William Terriss, a Victorian actor.
He was savagely assassinated by an off-axis as he went out through the back door. This offbeat was named Richard Arthur Prince, and he played a supporting role in a play where Terriss played the main character. After the murder he was arrested and accused of madness. He died 40 years later in Broadmoor Prison.

The Myrtles Plantation, Louisiana

The Myrtles Plantation was built in 1796 by General David Bradford and called Laurel Grove. Touted as “one of America’s most haunted homes”, the plantation is supposedly home of at least 12 ghosts.[9] It is often reported that 10 murders occurred in the house, but historical records only indicate the murder of William Winter. Possibly the most well known of the Myrtles supposed ghosts, Chloe (sometimes Cleo) was reportedly a slave owned by Clark and Sara Woodruff. According to one story, Clark Woodruff had pressured or forced Chloe into being his mistress. Chloe and Clark were caught by Sara Woodruff, and Chloe began to listen at keyholes, trying to learn what would happen to her.
[Wikipédia]

Dalia, you really seem to be fascinated by the paranormal. Me too. Have you seen the show, Ghosts of Shepherdstown on Destination America Channel? Love that show too and their second season starts soon. Apparently they will be visiting different towns in the area and I'm assuming one per season.

Hello, malnila I do not know because I live in France.
I have been interested in the paranormal since I had a personal experience.
Here the link : ghost woman (1850-1920) in Ottawa Courtyard

I was skeptical of nature before it happens to me but I know that I saw something unexplainable.
In this section I have created several thread on the issue without much success but people tend to make fun of what makes it even more difficult to talk about it.

Oops. Sorry that I didn't even consider you may not be from the U.S. I wish you could see some of the paranormal tv shows we have here. Some are good, some are entertaining and some are just plain blah. I believe there are "things" out there. I KNOW I've seen things/beings. I saw an entity at work in a co-workers office wearing olive green (couldn't make out features) and found out that it had to have been her uncle who had just died that morning in Venezuela, who I never met AND who always wore an olive green suit. She hadn't mentioned to anyone until I mentioned seeing an olive green figure.

I'm looking forward to interacting with you more in this forum. :bye1:

Oops. Sorry that I didn't even consider you may not be from the U.S. I wish you could see some of the paranormal tv shows we have here. Some are good, some are entertaining and some are just plain blah. I believe there are "things" out there. I KNOW I've seen things/beings. I saw an entity at work in a co-workers office wearing olive green (couldn't make out features) and found out that it had to have been her uncle who had just died that morning in Venezuela, who I never met AND who always wore an olive green suit. She hadn't mentioned to anyone until I mentioned seeing an olive green figure.

I'm looking forward to interacting with you more in this forum. :bye1:
Hello, here in France we have shows that come from the USA especially I listen to ghost Adventure very good série. I also think there is something else out there
Malnila, maybe you should ask a picture of the uncle to see if it's really him that you saw?
At the forum I mainly create thread on history and on terrorist attacks and in this section too.:)

I did confirm that it was possibly her uncle. Like I said, I didn't see features, just the outline of a person wearing olive green. I couldn't even be sure it was a suit. Another incident I had with this same co-worker, we both saw a middle aged man wearing a white shirt and skinny tie but couldn't make out facial features. The building we worked in was previously a hospital so you can imagine how many people had died there.

I did confirm that it was possibly her uncle. Like I said, I didn't see features, just the outline of a person wearing olive green. I couldn't even be sure it was a suit. Another incident I had with this same co-worker, we both saw a middle aged man wearing a white shirt and skinny tie but couldn't make out facial features. The building we worked in was previously a hospital so you can imagine how many people had died there.
Hospitals have the reputation of being haunted the story come from many nurses, doctors have testified about appearance in hospitals for all over the world

Hospitals have the reputation of being haunted the story come from many nurses, doctors have testified about appearance in hospitals for all over the world

I believe in hauntings, because my great-grandma, grandma, and several aunts attest to a haunting of a house they lived in once. Lights turning on by themselves, toilets flushing, that type of thing.

6 people, I believe them.

I believe in hauntings, because my great-grandma, grandma, and several aunts attest to a haunting of a house they lived in once. Lights turning on by themselves, toilets flushing, that type of thing.

6 people, I believe them.
Me and my family have live in a house where paranormal stuff was going on at first we did not believe it but everyone in the family lived experiences ... the most frightening one that I and my sisters have experienced Is sometimes in the evening we were heard someone climbed the stairs to come to our room, but there was never anyone.

The Winchester Mystery House is on my bucket list. I can literally shoot myself (LOL) for not visiting as many times as I've been in the San Jose area.

Idk, but my family inhabited this certain house, down by the river, and they all swear it's haunted. When 4-5 people tell you the same story? I tend to believe it.

Idk, but my family inhabited this certain house, down by the river, and they all swear it's haunted. When 4-5 people tell you the same story? I tend to believe it.
I never doubted in you that you devils, spirits and ghosts walk on the ground ... In this forum there is another "cowboy", but he wants to fly to Uranus
-------------------------------
You both have to go there
:CryingCow:

The entire stretch of Morris Hill Road near Monticello, Kentucky is bad news for drivers, worse news for motorcyclists, and a waking nightmare for hikers....especially at night, but not even all that safe in the daylight. A paranormal hotspot, and an 'accident' waiting to happen.

Forum List

Back