Hate is the Fuel of American Politics

I think your numbers are too small. A good 30% is on the far right and 30% on the far left.
For all what you say I live freer here in Florida than others in deep blue areas. There are still problems of course, but it is better.

The author spent decades of his life acquiring knowledge about the Christian right and the glue that holds it together:

"The glue holding this Christianized fascism together is not prayer, although we will get a lot of that, but war.

Listen to this Article: "Jesus, Endless War, and the Rise of American Fascism"

"War is the raison d'être of all systems of totalitarianism.

"War justifies a constant search for internal enemies.

"It is used to revoke basic civil liberties and impose censorship.

"War demonizes those in the Middle East, Russia, or China, who are blamed for the economic and social debacles that inevitably get worse.

"War diverts the rage engendered by a dysfunctional state towards immigrants, people of color, feminists, liberals, artists, anyone who does not identify as a heterosexual, the press, antifa, Jews, Muslims, Russians, or Asians."
So you support what this guy believes?

The far right wing of America wants to install Trump as King, starve immigrant children, shoot asylum seekers in the legs, shoot missiles at Mexico, and radicalizes murderous thugs who shoot up churches and grocery stores. The far left wing wants to forgive loan debt, pay for universal healthcare, and raise the minimum wage.

What the hell guys? Are you psychopaths?!?!

There is no both sides here. The right wing is a front. It motivates scared imbeciles through fear to vote against their best interests because … Marxist, brown people, commies or whatever they want you to be scared of. I wish we had a smarter populous.

After 4 years of Trump and two ridiculous impeachments, this just dawned on you?
If you're referring to my "FLUSH the DC Toilet" solution to bipartisan war and debt, I first tried promoting this in 2009 with little success. Hopefully Obama followed by Trump followed by Biden has made the argument a little more cogent?

georgephillip i'm going to listen to your leftwinger pricke but i doubt he is going to change my mind. I despise left winger who have the NERVE to bring up the name of God or his son.
There are sides to Chris Hedges you are probably unaware of, like his being an ordained minister, for example?

Chris Hedges - Wikipedia

"Hedges received his Bachelor of Arts degree in English from Colgate in 1979.

"He sought a postgraduate education at Harvard University's Divinity School where he studied under James Luther Adams in addition to studying classics and Classical Greek.

"While attending Harvard, Hedges lived in Roxbury, a blighted inner city neighborhood in Boston, where he worked as a seminarian and ran a small church.[9]

"He was also a member of the Greater Boston YMCA's boxing team, writing that the boxing gym was 'the only place I felt safe.'[10][11][12]"

there are plenty of ordained ministers who are apostate. as i said. NO ONE is a christian who can support a party who encourages and demands the killing of the unborn and newborn. THAT Is not tolerance, It is not love, it is not women's rights, body autonomy or God acceptable. IT. IS. MURDER and if i'm not mistaken i think God had something to say about that IN HIS WORD.

I don't know how in the hell they think stuff works.
Billionaire money explains a Big Part in how this stuff works, imho. Biden re-awarded a $10 billion contract to Amazon at the same time he invited the Amazon Labor Union president to the White House while millions of workers are still waiting on the $15 an hour minimum wage that Joe promised as a candidate.

"Democrats have failed to address the structural injustices that turned America into an oligarchic state, where the obscenely rich squabble like children in a sandbox over multibillion-dollar toys.

"The longer this game of political theater continues, the worse things will get."

wow. the hate in this character hedges..and of course he doesn't see it. Christian fascists...just. unbelievable.
943181.jpg

"On October 5, 2014, Hedges was ordained a minister within the Presbyterian Church. He was installed as Associate Pastor and Minister of Social Witness and Prison Ministry at the Second Presbyterian Church Elizabeth in Elizabeth, New Jersey.[62]

"He mentioned being rejected for ordination 30 years earlier, saying that "going to El Salvador as a reporter was not something the Presbyterian Church at the time recognized as a valid ministry, and a committee rejected my 'call.'"

Chris Hedges - Wikipedia

There is a good percentage of evangelicals that have twisted Jesus' preachings to fit their own views. No doubt about it. It's all about $ for them. As a lifelong Christian I'm calling each last one of them out.

Christian fascists....the boogey man that will be used by the left to bring active terrible persecution to christians in this nation.
NO leftwinger has any right or reason to claim they are christian when they support a party that wants to continue and expand the death of the unborn and newborn.
The Christian right is being used by billionaires to distract America from the class war that's been hollowing-out the middle class for the last forty years:

"The Christian fascists have coalesced in cult-like fashion around Donald Trump.

"They are bankrolled by the most retrograde forces of capitalism.

"The capitalists permit the stupidities of the Christian fascists and their self-destructive social and cultural wars. In exchange, the billionaire class gets corporate monopolies, union busting, privatized state, and municipal services, including public education, revoked government regulations, especially environmental regulation, and can engage in a virtual tax boycott."

Most of the hatred seems to be on the democrat side. When did we ever hear a member of congress refer to the Supreme Court as "dangerous"? Pelosi did.

Billionaire money explains a Big Part in how this stuff works, imho. Biden re-awarded a $10 billion contract to Amazon at the same time he invited the Amazon Labor Union president to the White House while millions of workers are still waiting on the $15 an hour minimum wage that Joe promised as a candidate.

"Democrats have failed to address the structural injustices that turned America into an oligarchic state, where the obscenely rich squabble like children in a sandbox over multibillion-dollar toys.

"The longer this game of political theater continues, the worse things will get."
And this has all happened because the system under which these people operate incentivizes and rewards their worst impulses.

We have to fix the fucking system. Until and unless we do that, we're just bending over and taking it.

#ForwardParty

If you're referring to my "FLUSH the DC Toilet" solution to bipartisan war and debt, I first tried promoting this in 2009 with little success. Hopefully Obama followed by Trump followed by Biden has made the argument a little more cogent?
One would think, but it appears in question. We‘ve had a succession of ever worsening presidents, yet many Americans still haven't caught on. Of course it’s difficult for the people to get the truth, when the mass media circulates propaganda that misinforms, disinforms, and divides them. All for the benefit of the wealthy oligarchy.

We have a media that is specifically financially incentivized to be as flashy and aggressive as possible.

We have politicians who are incentivized by a political/electoral "system" that rewards their worst impulses.

We have an internet with zero (0) accountability for accuracy or intellectual honesty, incentivized to get "clicks".

ALL of them have a vested professional interest in promoting rage, distortion and division. What could go wrong?
Is this really a confession for you Mac? Seems so.

Forum List

Back