Hate is the Fuel of American Politics

georgephillip

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2009
Los Angeles, California
I'm pretty sure this is not a novel claim to many of you:
https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F80a420e5-eeab-4a87-8fec-83d6953f225e_3900x3091.jpeg

"Hate is the fuel of American politics.
No one votes for who they want.
They vote against those they hate."

Chris Hedges, the author of my link, contends this is a bipartisan policy:

"The ruling class in both parties told lies about NAFTA, trade deals, 'reforming' welfare, abolishing financial regulations, austerity, the Iraq war, and neoliberalism that did far more damage to the American public than any lie told by Trump.

"The reptilian slime oozes out of every pore of these politicians, from Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer to Biden, who backed the 1976 Hyde Amendment banning federal funding of abortions and in 1982 voted to support a constitutional amendment that would allow states to overturn Roe v Wade.

"Their hypocrisy is not lost on the public, even with their armies of consultants, pollsters, courtiers in the press, public relations teams and advertising agencies.

"Marjorie Taylor Greene is clueless and unhinged.

"She claims Hillary Clinton was involved in a child mutilation and a pedophilia ring and several high-profile school shootings were staged.

"But weaponized, like Trump, she is a political cruise missile aimed straight at the heart of the discredited centers of traditional power."

Listen to this Article: "Jesus, Endless War, and the Rise of American Fascism"

Here's one possible antidote to bipartisan hatred: stop "choosing" Republican OR Democrat in the voting booth.

What would you be thinking/feeling if you woke the morning after midterms to discover a majority (50%-90%) of incumbents in the US Congress running for another term, were FLUSHED from DC in a single news cycle?

Whether such a Radical solution is desirable or not, the Internet makes it possible.

I'm looking at my ballot right now for an upcoming local election.
There are established third party candidates available for the choosing in almost every contest.
Greens, Libertarians, AIP, Peace and Freedom:eek:
A space for a write-in candidate is also provided.

Next November 8th remind the Rich why they fear Democracy.

In one way I agree with you, and in another way I don't.

The way I see it, 10% of America is on the far left, and 10% of America is on the far right. That leaves 80% of people left in America that are annoyed by the political ads, and the political shit. They just want a good job, good food, and a good life. The 20% of both sides try to push and shove and bully the 80% into voting for whoever said 20% put up in place.

We have a media that is specifically financially incentivized to be as flashy and aggressive as possible.

We have politicians who are incentivized by a political/electoral "system" that rewards their worst impulses.

We have an internet with zero (0) accountability for accuracy or intellectual honesty, incentivized to get "clicks".

ALL of them have a vested professional interest in promoting rage, distortion and division. What could go wrong?

The way I see it, 10% of America is on the far left, and 10% of America is on the far right. That leaves 80% of people left in America that are annoyed by the political ads, and the political shit. They just want a good job, good food, and a good life. The 20% of both sides try to push and shove and bully the 80% into voting for whoever said 20% put up in place.
It is the 10 percent on each side that is getting catered to right now in all the propaganda. It is getting worse. All the propaganda from the fringes is starting to turn this percent toward the frings. It is getting old.

If you haven't already done so, please take twelve minutes to listen to my link.

Its author makes this claim:

"These Christian fascists make up perhaps 30 percent of the electorate, roughly equivalent to the percentage of Americans who believe abortion is murder.

"They are organized, committed to a vision, however perverse, and awash in money..."

Do you think "Christian fascists" compose 30% of voters?
Biden vs Trump inspired less than 70% of eligible voters to cast a ballot.
What changes if 90% of eligible voters actually voted?

oh yes. I'm sure you'll catch some very naive rightwingers and some right leaning left wingers in that trap. They'll say..oh yes...he has a point....so i'll vote for one of the alternatives...not those terrible repunks or dem'rats. so they vote for the PfP, the Green party and whatever others you listed(why didn't you include Blm/antifa for all practical purposes) and they're getting ......LEFTISTS. So now you're freakin' worse off than you were before cause these 'alternative' parties are voting with the Democraps and the dems get stronger because they've co-opted these smaller groups, the dems know the rules and how to bend them and these reps of these alternative parties are ready and willing to be shown how to fleece the american public just like the others have been doing for years. those founding gals of BLM........greedy little bitches. HELL, the author couldn't even help giving himself away in the few paragraphs you posted with your oh. so. persuasive. argument.

I think your numbers are too small. A good 30% is on the far right and 30% on the far left.

It is the 10 percent on each side that is getting catered to right now in all the propaganda. It is getting worse. All the propaganda from the fringes is starting to turn this percent toward the frings. It is getting old.[/quote said:
no ten percent right wing anything is getting catered to. While i do agree that the very squeaky left radicals..adn that is MOST Of them...more than any little 10 percent there so let's be honest about that Shall we? ARE getting all the attention cause..>THEY"RE DAMN DESTRUCTIVE.

I'm pretty sure this is not a novel claim to many of you:
https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F80a420e5-eeab-4a87-8fec-83d6953f225e_3900x3091.jpeg

"Hate is the fuel of American politics.
No one votes for who they want.
They vote against those they hate."

Chris Hedges, the author of my link, contends this is a bipartisan policy:

"The ruling class in both parties told lies about NAFTA, trade deals, 'reforming' welfare, abolishing financial regulations, austerity, the Iraq war, and neoliberalism that did far more damage to the American public than any lie told by Trump.

"The reptilian slime oozes out of every pore of these politicians, from Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer to Biden, who backed the 1976 Hyde Amendment banning federal funding of abortions and in 1982 voted to support a constitutional amendment that would allow states to overturn Roe v Wade.

"Their hypocrisy is not lost on the public, even with their armies of consultants, pollsters, courtiers in the press, public relations teams and advertising agencies.

"Marjorie Taylor Greene is clueless and unhinged.

"She claims Hillary Clinton was involved in a child mutilation and a pedophilia ring and several high-profile school shootings were staged.

"But weaponized, like Trump, she is a political cruise missile aimed straight at the heart of the discredited centers of traditional power."

Here's one possible antidote to bipartisan hatred: stop "choosing" Republican OR Democrat in the voting booth.

What would you be thinking/feeling if you woke the morning after midterms to discover a majority (50%-90%) of incumbents in the US Congress running for another term, were FLUSHED from DC in a single news cycle?

Whether such a Radical solution is desirable or not, the Internet makes it possible.

I'm looking at my ballot right now for an upcoming local election.
There are established third party candidates available for the choosing in almost every contest.
Greens, Libertarians, AIP, Peace and Freedom:eek:
A space for a write-in candidate is also provided.

Next November 8th remind the Rich why they fear Democracy.
After 4 years of Trump and two ridiculous impeachments, this just dawned on you?

That technique is so old and the author of the piece thinks we'll fall for it again. LOL
Anyone who voted for Trump OR Biden fell for it again.
What's your honest opinion of this?

"The Democratic Party – which had 50 years to write Roe v Wade into law with Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, and Barack Obama in full control of the White House and Congress at the inception of their presidencies – is banking its electoral strategy around the expected Supreme Court decision to lift the judicial prohibition on the ability of states to enact laws restricting or banning abortions."

georgephillip i'm going to listen to your leftwinger pricke but i doubt he is going to change my mind. I despise left winger who have the NERVE to bring up the name of God or his son.

We have a media that is specifically financially incentivized to be as flashy and aggressive as possible.

We have politicians who are incentivized by a political/electoral "system" that rewards their worst impulses.

We have an internet with zero (0) accountability for accuracy or intellectual honesty, incentivized to get "clicks".

ALL of them have a vested professional interest in promoting rage, distortion and division. What could go wrong?
Ranked choice voting and nonpartisan primaries (not to mention Universal Basic Income) are all vital policies that will never come to pass by choosing between Republican or Democrat since the corporate state would be in opposition:

"Establishment Republicans and Democrats, like George Armstrong Custer on Last Stand Hill, have circled the wagons around the Democratic Party in a desperate bid to prevent Trump, or a Trump mini-me, from returning to the White House.

"They, and their allies in Silicon Valley, are using algorithms and overt de-platforming to censor critics from the left and the right, foolishly turning figures like Trump, Alex Jones, and Marjorie Taylor Greene into martyrs.

"This is not a battle over democracy, but the spoils of power waged by billionaires against billionaires.

"No one intends to dismantle the corporate state"o_O

wow. the hate in this character hedges..and of course he doesn't see it. Christian fascists...just. unbelievable.

Christian fascists....the boogey man that will be used by the left to bring active terrible persecution to christians in this nation.
NO leftwinger has any right or reason to claim they are christian when they support a party that wants to continue and expand the death of the unborn and newborn.

Hedges goes after evangelicals and fundametalists but he leaves alone those 'christians with traditional values...what are those traditional values that Mr. Hedges refers to? The acceptance of homosexality as fine with God? That the killing of the unborn is fine with God? well it isn't. Mr. Hedges is just fine with our apostate churches, some of the catholic churches, episcopalians, methodists and presbyterians. These churches actively support the left wing agenda, transgenderism, homosexuality, abortion. They're okay...but 'something' must be done about these evangelicals and the fundamentalists. THAT is fascism. NOT christians taking the bible as the true and relevant word of God that is as relevant today as it was in the day that God inspired his prophets to write it down for future generations of believers.

Last edited:
oh yes. I'm sure you'll catch some very naive rightwingers and some right leaning left wingers in that trap. They'll say..oh yes...he has a point....so i'll vote for one of the alternatives...not those terrible repunks or dem'rats. so they vote for the PfP, the Green party and whatever others you listed(why didn't you include Blm/antifa for all practical purposes) and they're getting ......LEFTISTS. So now you're freakin' worse off than you were before cause these 'alternative' parties are voting with the Democraps and the dems get stronger because they've co-opted these smaller groups, the dems know the rules and how to bend them and these reps of these alternative parties are ready and willing to be shown how to fleece the american public just like the others have been doing for years. those founding gals of BLM........greedy little bitches. HELL, the author couldn't even help giving himself away in the few paragraphs you posted with your oh. so. persuasive. argument.
The author spent decades of his life acquiring knowledge about the Christian right and the glue that holds it together:

"The glue holding this Christianized fascism together is not prayer, although we will get a lot of that, but war.

"War is the raison d'être of all systems of totalitarianism.

"War justifies a constant search for internal enemies.

"It is used to revoke basic civil liberties and impose censorship.

"War demonizes those in the Middle East, Russia, or China, who are blamed for the economic and social debacles that inevitably get worse.

"War diverts the rage engendered by a dysfunctional state towards immigrants, people of color, feminists, liberals, artists, anyone who does not identify as a heterosexual, the press, antifa, Jews, Muslims, Russians, or Asians."

two years is not a lifetime. He said...two years he studied and collected data on these Christian fascists. I see the hate....it is in him. THIS is the kind of man that will bring on the persecution and deaths of christians in the US for lies such as in the OP.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back