Harry Potter actor responds to JKRowlings comment

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost

Rowling had tweeted at the weekend about an article discussing "people who menstruate".
"I'm sure there used to be a word for those people. Someone help me out. Wumben? Wimpund? Woomud?"
In response, she was called transphobic.

If sex isn’t real, there’s no same-sex attraction. If sex isn’t real, the lived reality of women globally is erased. I know and love trans people, but erasing the concept of sex removes the ability of many to meaningfully discuss their lives. It isn’t hate to speak the truth.

Radcliffe said it's important not to "invalidate" transgender people's identities and "cause further harm".
"Transgender women are women. Any statement to the contrary erases the identity and dignity of transgender people and goes against all advice given by professional health care associations who have far more expertise on this subject matter than either Jo or I."

No, Transgender women are NOT WOMEN. They are MEN, wanting to BE woman, so resort to surgery or other methods to LOOK like women. There is no erasing of anything. If they want to be a woman, fine. Whatever floats their boat. But to claim they ARE women is just co enabling their desires to be what they were not born as. Maybe a switch was fucked up at birth...brain said MALE, body development said FEMALE and vice versa. I'm sure it is something horrible to deal with growing up, as well as once adulthood hit. But to claim them as what they are NOT is erasing WOMEN in sports who have to compete with a MAN trying to be a woman but has the strength of a MAN. So in my opinion, Radcliffe is a dumbfuck and panders to emotions instead of facts that if he was born a male, he IS A MALE regardless of how he physically changes his body.

And Rowling is just as idiotic with her comment. Almost as bad as "some people did something".

I watched all 8 Harry Potter movies, and I don't remember one Biology Class.

No wonder Harry is confused.

Never watched any of that bullshit. They're all freaks.

Forum List

Back