Evil is Ugly

CarlinAnnArbor

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2016
An open letter from a police officer

Evil is ugly. An adult molesting a 9-year-old child and then forcing them to masturbate on camera is ugly. Repeated domestic violence calls where significant others are beating, strangling, and killing victims are ugly. A mother stabbing her 11-year-old child 80 times is ugly. A father being murdered in front of his wife and daughters, because he refused to let the suspect rape his children in front of him, is ugly. People breaking into a house in the middle of the night and shooting at the homeowner is ugly. Being robbed at gun point is ugly. A shooting victim who was holding their infant child while they were shot is ugly. Homicides are ugly. Listening to victims tell the details of how they were raped is ugly. Business owners being too scared to go outside their businesses, because of drug dealers and other violence in high crime areas is ugly. When most people see evil, and how ugly it is, they choose to record it on their cell phones in hopes of going viral on social media. Police officers choose to confront that evil.

Evil is ugly. This naturally makes police work ugly. Dead adults and dead children are ugly. Arrestees who have puked, defecated, or urinated on themselves are ugly. Standing with family members and telling them not to retaliate when they just found out their child was raped is ugly.

The full letter

Evil is ugly. An adult molesting a 9-year-old child and then forcing them to masturbate on camera is ugly. Repeated domestic violence calls where significant others are beating, strangling, and killing victims are ugly. A mother stabbing her 11-year-old child 80 times is ugly. A father being murdered in front of his wife and daughters, because he refused to let the suspect rape his children in front of him, is ugly. People breaking into a house in the middle of the night and shooting at the homeowner is ugly. Being robbed at gun point is ugly. A shooting victim who was holding their infant child while they were shot is ugly. Homicides are ugly. Listening to victims tell the details of how they were raped is ugly. Business owners being too scared to go outside their businesses, because of drug dealers and other violence in high crime areas is ugly. When most people see evil, and how ugly it is, they choose to record it on their cell phones in hopes of going viral on social media. Police officers choose to confront that evil.

Evil is ugly. This naturally makes police work ugly. Dead adults and dead children are ugly. Arrestees who have puked, defecated, or urinated on themselves are ugly. Standing with family members and telling them not to retaliate when they just found out their child was raped is ugly.

The full letter

"Police choose to confront that evil." I thought we paid them to do that, but without becoming evil themselves. Tough job. Many do it well. Some do not. We also pay them to cleanse the evil from their ranks. Many have forgotten this. Not much difference in hiding behind police unions and having special privileged against civil rights attacks, than some suspects hiding behind ACLU and public opinion at times.

The full letter

"Police choose to confront that evil." I thought we paid them to do that, but without becoming evil themselves. Tough job. Many do it well. Some do not. We also pay them to cleanse the evil from their ranks. Many have forgotten this. Not much difference in hiding behind police unions and having special privileged against civil rights attacks, than some suspects hiding behind ACLU and public opinion at times.
I hate leftists

I've seen posted that we have around 800 thousand cops in American. If we have only 0.1 % bad, then we will still have hundreds of events like the death of Floyd each year. There will always be some bad cops and they need to be held accountable. However, most cops are like the 1st responders that ran a burning tower on 911 to save lives.

The full letter

I hate leftists
Agree, Leftist can be a pain. I am often not too thrilled with them myself. I prefer more center to center right. A lot of independents are like that.

The OP forgot that walking down a street minding your own business and then suddenly being sucker punched by a passing pedestrian is also ugly.

Yes, there are more than a few rotten apples on the police force.

But we need the police.

Everyone knows that they are the only barrier between the good people and the very, very, very bad people -- people so bad that even the liberal media are often forced to (briefly and carefully) report their crimes.

Those people who want to defund the police are the same ones who would immediately call 9ll if they or their loved ones were ever attacked by those people for whom their hearts are always bleeding.

I've seen posted that we have around 800 thousand cops in American. If we have only 0.1 % bad, then we will still have hundreds of events like the death of Floyd each year. There will always be some bad cops and they need to be held accountable. However, most cops are like the 1st responders that ran a burning tower on 911 to save lives.
I think that the challenging conundrum is that, if somebody is a sadistic asshole sociopathic control freak, becoming a police officer is their fucking dream job. So those assholes naturally gravitate towards that particular occupation. They have more motivation than the average Joe to seek employment as a police officer.

I think one of the obvious ways to mitigate that problem is to hire more female police officers.

I think that the challenging conundrum is that, if somebody is a sadistic asshole sociopathic control freak, becoming a police officer is their fucking dream job. So those assholes naturally gravitate towards that particular occupation. They have more motivation than the average Joe to seek employment as a police officer.

I think one of the obvious ways to mitigate that problem is to hire more female police officers.
Perhaps; however, there are a lot of female sadistic asshole sociopathic control freaks.

Perhaps; however, there are a lot of female sadistic asshole sociopathic control freaks.
That propensity is not as prevalent in the female population at large, IMO. I think that sort of over-aggressiveness is directly related to hormone levels. Testosterone, in particular.

That's why I'm theorizing that police brutality incidents would decrease if a larger percentage of cops were females.

Forum List

Back