Harriet Tubman on Twenty Dollar bill.

There is a move to put Harriet Tubman on the U.S.Twenty Dollar bill. Your thoughts.
This first came up in earnest during Obama's administration, but because it is a years-long process to design a new bill, they only do one at a time and the next in line to be redesigned was the 10. The plan, the last I heard, was to keep Hamilton on the front of the 10 but put Tubman on the back in a sort of collage piece. The whole process was then paused during Trump's years, and only now is there some popular push to get it going again.

I am all for it. She's money-worthy, and unlikely to alienate most people of either party.

I actually can't remember the last time I saw a twenty dollar bill. Ones and fives I have all the time.
My local grocery store for some reason gives you fifty dollars in cash back all in ten-dollar bills when getting the money from their self-check out systems. One time, I was given four tens and a one-dollar bill by mistake. I told the people in charge, and they gave me another ten in return for the one-dollar bill.

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

P.S. Food City is the name of the store.

You ask for it with your comment, so I guess you came to the right place to get your stupidity thrown back at you.
How is asking if anyone knows why Harriet Tubman was chosen over other black leaders/ historical figures in a thread about Harriet Tubman a stupid or inane question?

here’s a hint if you don’t know just ignore the post.

Wait isn’t Daffy Duck black? Haha

View attachment 580353
Oh my bad that would be Donald Duck.

1640639831211.png
1640639831211.png

As long as the currency isn't in yen.

By the time biden leaves office it will be Renminbi....

"Renminbi" is the official name of the currency introduced by the Communist People's Republic of China at the time of its foundation in 1949. It means "the people's currency".

$20 bucks is now worth about $14 bucks in purchasing power, so I could give a Flying A if they put Alfred E. Neumann on it!!

What, me worry?

Remember the Kennedy half-dollars?

Conservatives would wash after touching one by accident.

These days liberals have no idea whose image is on them and, should they accidentally touch one and figure it out they'd cut off the offending hand.

$20 bucks is now worth about $14 bucks in purchasing power, so I could give a Flying A if they put Alfred E. Neumann on it!!

What, me worry?
True.... Went to a restaurant for take out with my grands today, and two of them got something from there, but me and one of the other one's got something from somewhere else. The two kids got one burrito, and one rice bowl + 3 drinks = 31.00 and some change. Gave them two twenty dollar bill's, and got some change back in the amount of 8.00 dollar's and some change for two kids meal's. Thanks Joe the numbskull I'm lost but not really Biden. Me and the other grand went to a burger joint, and got two meals for less than $9.00 dollars, and both were corporate chain's. People had best due their homework now.

But I WILL have issue if they try to put that fugly George Floyd on a bill.
GF is a loser thug that got caught by a racist cop who killed him.
I have NO REMORSE that floyd got killed by that racist cop.
That racist cop is serving his deserved time in prison.

George Floyd deserves ZERO credit or accolades. Fuck GF the addict.

Oh,
Happy New Year to all.

Just happened in my time zone.

Forum List

Back