Harriet Tubman on Twenty Dollar bill.

Actually, I have no idea why NOT. On that same note irreverently: Why not put the image of Mike, the headless chicken on our money too?
1640574576452.png

Because why not? In Mike, we trust...

Last edited:
There is a move to put Harriet Tubman on the U.S.Twenty Dollar bill. Your thoughts.
If the idea is we need to put a black person on the currency there are probably a few better candidates. She has a great story and was by all accounts (I didn’t personally know her obviously) a great person. Was she as influential as others? I can think of a few other people that were probably more influential but there are certainly worse choices we could make.

In Mike we trust. Mike the headless chicken. He lived without a head or sight or hearing, despite being headless. Reminds me a certain political party that is leading us now...

While I've always felt that only presidents should be on our currency (a few of our founding fathers aside), the backside of our currency should have more flexibility when it comes to depictions. For instance, while no fan of Obama, he was a president and can be on the front of a denomination of currency and on the back, can be his VP or someone like Harriet Tubman.
After all, the important thing is that no matter what's on the currency, it could be your favorite rock-band, as long as it is legal tender and thus spends, it's good.

Forum List

Back