Happy Thanksgiving!

1700712622848.png

It will taste great!!!

Can i give you a turkey cooking tip? I have made many turkeys over the years and ive learned a number of things about cooking them.

If you first cook the turkey at 500° for 20 minutes, then reduce the heat to 400 for the remainder of the cook, it helps sear the skin to keep in moisture and you end up with a much more golden brown turkey as well.

I thank Abraham Lincoln when in 1863 he made a proclamation officially establishing Thanksgiving.

I am wishing all USMB members who celebrate the beginning of the holiday season with this wonderful day, a very Happy Thanksgiving. 🍗 Cheers!

It will taste great!!!

Can i give you a turkey cooking tip? I have made many turkeys over the years and ive learned a number of things about cooking them.

If you first cook the turkey at 500° for 20 minutes, then reduce the heat to 400 for the remainder of the cook, it helps sear the skin to keep in moisture and you end up with a much more golden brown turkey as well.
That and basting it will make it really pretty.
(A convection oven does wonders too)
I was in a hurry last night to get this one roasted as I had another to do this morning and a ham. (And considering the number of grey turkeys I've seen this family put out...this one is a massive improvement)

The second turkey I put some fresh sage in key locations....smelling righteous too.

Carrots and gravy to go.

Forum List

Back