Happy Thanksgiving Peoples!

She's getting close!!
I always separate the dark from the white so they come out at 155 and 175.
Cooking the turkey whole is stupid,you end up with either under done dark meat or a dry breast.
It's time for the browning process at this point.
Smoked it with oak and a bit of hickory.

B9ABADC3-31E8-45F7-B249-C48D77F266D5.jpeg

I made a double batch of my boe-delicious dinner rolls for the big "do" at my bother's today.

Archival photo, but they looks basically like these. The only difference is that I now have a new countertop. (and this is one of those time that I especially miss Syrenn - she grokked baking).

rolls
by boedicca on US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Man those look good!!
Great leftovers right there! Heat em up and slather them with butter ,cranberry sauce and and a slice of white meat.

I had kind of a cool thing happen.

Many years ago after my mom died...I got stuck turning the turkey fat into gravy because I was the only one who had watched mom do it.

Today my nephews son watched me do it...now SOMEBODY ELSE knows how to make the gravy!!! :banana:

I had ham today. I don't like turkey but, If Here We Go Again cooked it I would probably like it. Anyway, ham was good, scalloped potatoes, Green Beans....baked beans.....All good!!! Nice Thanksgiving dinner.

I made a double batch of my boe-delicious dinner rolls for the big "do" at my bother's today.

Archival photo, but they looks basically like these. The only difference is that I now have a new countertop. (and this is one of those time that I especially miss Syrenn - she grokked baking).

rolls
by boedicca on US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Man those look good!!
Great leftovers right there! Heat em up and slather them with butter ,cranberry sauce and and a slice of white meat.

Yum. I have a goody bag of leftover turkey, stuffing and gravy to make hot turkey sandwiches this weekend. But today is chile day. mr. boe and I are going to make a pot of the secret family recipe today. It's cold here - for CA, so a cooking project will be extra nice.

I had kind of a cool thing happen.

Many years ago after my mom died...I got stuck turning the turkey fat into gravy because I was the only one who had watched mom do it.

Today my nephews son watched me do it...now SOMEBODY ELSE knows how to make the gravy!!! :banana:

That's sweet. I ended up being the only one who knew how to carve a turkey yesterday. Now that Dad is gone.... none of the male folks wanted to do it, so I was drafted. It's quite easy, actually - you just need to understand the turkey's anatomy. So, I have been elected official family turkey carver until someone else takes over the duty. But, I have identified a particularly handyman type nephew as the best candidate to initiate into the craft. Next year I'm going to apprentice him.

That's sweet. I ended up being the only one who knew how to carve a turkey yesterday. Now that Dad is gone.... none of the male folks wanted to do it, so I was drafted.

My eldest brother "Think" carves the turkey & "Thank" makes the mashed potatoes.

One thing I showed my nephews son was how there is a crucial moment in gravy making and THAT is when everybody tries to distract you & ruin the gravy.

It's when the turkey fat starts to boil and you add the thickener...and at that exact moment others walked in and wanted to hug & say happy thunksgiving NO NO NO NO NO! I'm making gravy! Get away from me!!!

It happened exactly as I told him it would. :)

Forum List

Back