Happy Resurrection Sunday

Jesus-at-Tomb.jpg

AL6GTJ6.gif

(All kidding aside...I'd like to wish the Christians of the forum a wonderful Good Friday and Easter. I'm enjoying our Passover so far!)

I don't buy any of the candy. She's actually a bit picky when it comes to candy, though. She went to an egg hunt yesterday, when she came home and opened the eggs she had gotten 3 little bags of Swedish Fish. She doesn't like those, but I love em. :)

I'm like that....I don't care for dark chocolate and hardly ever eat the cheap candy, you know, the kind you get by the bar (Milky Way, Snickers, etc.,) I like milk chocolate with caramel...very few candies that I like.

She'll eat just about anything with chocolate. :D It's the fruity candies she has some problems with, which works out great for me, since I shouldn't eat chocolate (reflux) but I like plenty of the fruity, gummy types of candy. :lol:

Every year hubby buys a chocolate bunny, bites the ear off, and sends it to his mom.

I'm like that....I don't care for dark chocolate and hardly ever eat the cheap candy, you know, the kind you get by the bar (Milky Way, Snickers, etc.,) I like milk chocolate with caramel...very few candies that I like.

She'll eat just about anything with chocolate. :D It's the fruity candies she has some problems with, which works out great for me, since I shouldn't eat chocolate (reflux) but I like plenty of the fruity, gummy types of candy. :lol:

Every year hubby buys a chocolate bunny, bites the ear off, and sends it to his mom.

Is that your hubby in my avi?! :lmao:

AL6GTJ6.gif

(All kidding aside...I'd like to wish the Christians of the forum a wonderful Good Friday and Easter. I'm enjoying our Passover so far!)

Thanks....we're supposed to get rain on Sunday....that makes for a bleak day, but we need the rain, so I won't complain....oh, I just made a poem...how clever of me.

lol...just saw it! No, he's hawt! But we've got two real bunnies. I watch them close this time of the year.

No hasenpfeffer for me!

[MENTION=45164]pacer[/MENTION]

His mother used to do the same thing to him. He'd wake up Easter morning to find his goodies and the chocolate bunny would always have one ear bit off. :)

I just went back to look cuz all I remember is the bunny.

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I don't do "bears". Too fat and hairy and they're all nelly.

I hope Easter is a pretty day so I can commune in my yard.
Otherwise, we don't do much of anything for Easter. Just another day. Except our thoughts are more with Him than other things.

What's the big deal? It looks like from your avatar that hell has frozen over and Paradise awaits.

I'm sure I don't understand what you are trying to say.....:(

That's your story and I'm sure you're sticking to it.
img-thing

Howey said:

Same here from a member of the Agnostic-Deist school of thought. Meaning, while I disagree vehemently with you're faith, I'll defend to the death your right to believe it without any form of coercion pro or con.

Last edited:
What's the big deal? It looks like from your avatar that hell has frozen over and Paradise awaits.

I'm sure I don't understand what you are trying to say.....:(

That's your story and I'm sure you're sticking to it.
img-thing

Howey said:

Same here from a member of the Agnostic-Deist school of thought. Meaning, while I disagree vehemently with you're faith, I'll defend to the death your right to believe it without any form of coercion pro or con.

Thank you.....I appreciate that....I also appreciate that hunk in your post.....:)

I was raised a Catholic but didn't attend church much most of my adult life. Then in 1998 my current husband and I decided to get married and he wanted to convert to Catholicism so we could have a full mass wedding in the Catholic church. He had to attend classes for several months, every Wednesday night and I went with him. In addition, we went to church every Sunday.

I will never forget this...we went to church on Good Friday. I walked into the church and it was like I'd been punched in the stomach. I authomatically reached to dip my fingers in the holy water...and the font was empty! The church was stripped of its ornaments. All the picture of saints ...everything...was gone. The altar was totally bare and plain. All that remained was the large crucifix.

This was done to bring home the solemnity of Jesus' crucifixion. There was no singing, no music. If that wasn't enough, the priests and deacon prostrated themselves at the altar. It was POWERFUL.

Then, when we went to mass on Sunday, everything was ablaze with glory! Flowers and candles everywhere, all the ornaments back, the altar dressed again, the holy water back in the fonts at the door. The singing was back.

I don't remember this from my church-going as a kid. Either it wasn't done, or as a kid I didn't "get" it. But it sure made you "feel" the sorrow of the crucifixion and the joy of the resurrection.

Last edited:
I was raised a Catholic but didn't attend church much most of my adult life. Then in 1998 my current husband and I decided to get married and he wanted to convert to Catholicism so we could have a full mass wedding in the Catholic church. He had to attend classes for several months, every Wednesday night and I went with him. In addition, we went to church every Sunday.

I will never forget this...we went to church on Good Friday. I walked into the church and it was like I'd been punched in the stomach. I authomatically reached to dip my fingers in the holy water...and the font was empty! The church was stripped of its ornaments. All the picture of saints ...everything...was gone. The altar was totally bare and plain. All that remained was the large crucifix.

This was done to bring home the solemnity of Jesus' crucifixion. There was no singing, no music. If that wasn't enough, the priests and deacon prostrated themselves at the altar. It was POWERFUL.

Then, when we went to mass on Sunday, everything was ablaze with glory! Flowers and candles everywhere, all the ornaments back, the altar dressed again, the holy water back in the fonts at the door. The singing was back.

I don't remember this from my church-going as a kid. Either it wasn't done, or as a kid I didn't "get" it. But it sure made you "feel" the sorrow of the crucifixion and the joy of the resurrection.

Wow! That must have been a very powerful experience. It is not easy to personalize the suffering that Jesus went through. Even though I've been a Christian all my life, I first felt it personally when I saw the movie "The Passion of the Christ" - before that, although I believed it, it just seemed like some tragedy you see in a movie...but that movie really brought it home. Thanks for sharing.

Forum List

Back