Hands Up, Cop Still Shoots (video)

actually--FYI--I was called for jury duty where the lawyers even said, the only evidence was the cops' story and the suspect's story
the judge asked ''who could be fair to both sides?' I raised my hand and told him I would need more evidence than just a he-said she-said deal...I would not find the suspect guilty or believe the cops on just witnesses' stories
..I'm not such a bad-evil guy
the suspect was BLACK..one cop was white ..the other black
Your anecdote involves a live cop and a live citizen. Why would you think that your tale is analogous to a cop on trial for murder?
what makes you think I wouldn't be fair/just/etc?
because I state facts/truth?
you must think stating facts/truth is being hateful??!!??
I know, watching the video. It looks like the cop was guilty, but all I've seen is the video. I have no idea what circumstances the reason the cop was there, what went on prior to the shooting. All I see are a bunch of liberals wanting the cop automatically prosecuted. After all the lying, editing 911 tapes. Reporting that Treyvon was such an innocent kid. I don't trust liberals to be fair and balanced.
. Michael Brown took the prize for liberal dishonesty at it's its worst. It went from there to get 5 Dallas innocent cop's cops killed, and the BLM chanting in the street how they wanted pigs in a blanket, fry them like bacon, and then comes Kaepernick , etc. Pathetic.
Apostrophe Catastrophe

At least there are no apostrophes in Spanish. So there's nothing to show how worthless someone's education is. What's so hard about teaching yourself grammar? Are laziness and irresponsibility required to post on an embee?
funny-pictures-dumpaday-375.jpg

You do realize a black man is more likely to be struck by lightning than killed by police? Also more whites are killed by cops than blacks.

Lightning is indiscriminate.
High and Mighty Lowlife

I always knew Liberals live in the clouds. Dominant up there, high above everybody in a smug atmosphere of moral superiority, they can force lightning bolts to not discriminate. Since this theory comes to the politically correct solution, it must be scientifically correct also.

Your anecdote involves a live cop and a live citizen. Why would you think that your tale is analogous to a cop on trial for murder?
what makes you think I wouldn't be fair/just/etc?
because I state facts/truth?
you must think stating facts/truth is being hateful??!!??
I know, watching the video. It looks like the cop was guilty, but all I've seen is the video. I have no idea what circumstances the reason the cop was there, what went on prior to the shooting. All I see are a bunch of liberals wanting the cop automatically prosecuted. After all the lying, editing 911 tapes. Reporting that Treyvon was such an innocent kid. I don't trust liberals to be fair and balanced.
. Michael Brown took the prize for liberal dishonesty at it's its worst. It went from there to get 5 Dallas innocent cop's cops killed, and the BLM chanting in the street how they wanted pigs in a blanket, fry them like bacon, and then comes Kaepernick , etc. Pathetic.
Apostrophe Catastrophe

At least there are no apostrophes in Spanish. So there's nothing to show how worthless someone's education is. What's so hard about teaching yourself grammar? Are laziness and irresponsibility required to post on an embee?
View attachment 153395
The Opinions of Grammar Zombies Should Not Be Respected

I'd rather be called a "Grammar Nazi" than be a job-stealing Grammar Zombie whose learning disability in English logically must carry over into job-related subjects.

Angel or devil, he had his hands up, and appeared to be trying to follow 2 different sets of orders. Cops are not supposed to be executioners.

Hmmmm: watched it a dozen times: yes, no yes, no yes, no.....hands weren't "up high" but more "out" as in extended. No angel but unclear: benefit of the doubt maybe.

Greg

Cops still aren't appointed executioner. 3 degrees more he lives, 3 degrees less he dies? That's not how it's supposed to work.

Your right. Suppose to live a life where police don't have to come to your door. The dead man could of avoided this

-Geaux

Yes, cops showing up at your door often mean death for no reason. How many people have called the cops for help with a family member with mental problems, only to see that family member killed? They wonder why people don't respect them.
here it is again--you would handle every situation perfectly...you would not even carry a weapon
you could deal with nuts and DANGEROUS criminals without violence
you would've talked nicely to this nut, and he would've complied with you
the cops don't have time to to sit the person down on a couch and ask him about his history/mental illness/problems--they are not psychiatrists

Oh, but how do you explain the fact that thousands of times a day good cops DO take the fuggin' time to handle incapacitated people like Galindo properly. When bad cops kill indiscriminately like the bad cops ( fingered )
fu.gif
ln this op did, they need to be held accountable and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Indeed, they ought to be fried like bacon in the electric chair.
. So you've already tried, sentenced, and condemed the officer before the trial or inquiry eh ??? Why because it's a COP ? The guy Galindo in which you know nothing about yet, he is innocent because he died by a cop in which you have only the vague video to run on, and maybe because you HATE COP'S ??

That.s the same old tired apologist RW White male BS I hear every time I get into an argument after one of those killer cops murders someone under the color of authority. I don't hate cops I hate cops who murder people..BIG DIFFERENCE. And I know enough about Galindo to know he called the cops to turn a pistol in and was killed by cops when he stepped outside with his pistol in an open carry state.
And I said what I meant and meant what I said.. You know perfectly well that when prosecutors have the evidence to bring a killer cop to trial, we've seen two instances where the evidence didn't mater..whether by jury trial or trial by judge. All it takes is one juror who feels cops shouldn't be convicted of murder to produce a mistrial or hung jury; or, if the defendant chooses a Judge in lieu of a jury trial, evidence like that where a cop's fingerprints were the only prints on a gun alleged to have belonged to the victim is ignored and the cop walks.
but your whole argument is wrong--they didn't MURDER..please prove this..if not, state that it is your opinion and you have no facts to back it up
You sound like the Germans during the holocaust. in their minds the Nazis weren't murdering the Jews. They were exterminating what they saw as parasites. Any descriptive euphemism was ok except to call it what it was: MURDER. Unjustifiable homicide, even when commited by an agent of the state, is, by any other name, still murder.
But white men like you, with your misplaced anger, your xenophobias and your obsession with maintaining white supremacy, have circled the wagons and given your blue knights license to kill with impunity. For you...its an US vs THEM scenario...and the cops are there to protect you against THEM.
Your blue knights are as infallible to you as the Pope is to Catholics. With your dwindling numbers...The cops must kill from time to time. to make examples of White liberals, Blacks, Mexicans and anyone else who might put the final nail in the coffin containing the last vestiges of White hegemony.
Your ilks liberal use of terms like "liberals", "communists" and other pejoratives define you....not the targets of your diabolical derisions.

Like with the death penalty, we know lots of innocent are killed.
bad analogy
like I said, 99% the cops are shooting for a reason--there is a threat

The only reason they wait less than 2 seconds to shoot after giving warning like with this case is because they say they fear for their life, and if they wait any longer than that they might be hurt. Can you imagine a soldier EVER saying he fears for his life. How is it a bad analogy?
have you been in the military? I have
have you ever read books on wars? I've been reading about wars for over 35 years
the soldiers/sailors/Marines DO fear for their lives !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you think they are robots? they are very scared
in fact I read one time where the soldier or Marine said he was in so much combat, so much hell, he thought he might kill his own men from a learned/automatic need to kill and stay alive
they killed many civilians in Somalia
ever hear of My Lai My Lai Massacre - Wikipedia
in German towns in WW2, if the people didn't put up white flags and/or fire came from the town--the soldiers would fire indiscriminately

Newsflash, cops are not fighting an actual war.

Saying you were scared for your life and being scared in battle are different. I said cops say that because they are or to cover themselves, but soldiers obviously don't go around saying that as an excuse.
that's nice but the fact is the suspect was a threat and danger
they are not trying to cover anything
The frightening thing is people like ypu actually believe that.

Americans have allowed their country to become a Police State. Government feeds off of fear and paranoia. Since 9/11, most Americans have cheered their Government on as it's taken more & more rights away. They want to be spied on and oppressed. It's the 'Stockholm Syndrome' effect.' They're sympathizing and even cheering for their captors. America has become a greedy, hateful, paranoid nation. The future does not look bright. And that's very sad.

It was stupid of him to walk outside with a gun in his hand in the first place. I'm not saying I justify what the cops did. But all you people that think they are guilty. You need to be put in the same position as the cops before you start with your holier than thou attitude.

By the time that dumbass emerged from the house, Any cop that was not in a position of cover and was not already wearing a sufficient bullet proof vest, etc. . . Should have been fired on the spot. How much danger were they really in, so long as he had his hands above his head?

I absolutely hate taking the suspect's side but it is what it is. I challenge any police instructor who uses cop shooting videos to train police cadets to make the case that this shooting was justified.

There is not enough body armor available to protect 100%. Plus civilians in the area are also to be protected from stray bullets.

Just remember folks, Citizens are guilty till proven innocent in Police States. And that's what we are now. The notion, 'Innocent till proven guilty' is just a pipe dream in America today. The same can be said about 'To protect and to serve.'

Hmmmm: watched it a dozen times: yes, no yes, no yes, no.....hands weren't "up high" but more "out" as in extended. No angel but unclear: benefit of the doubt maybe.

Greg

Cops still aren't appointed executioner. 3 degrees more he lives, 3 degrees less he dies? That's not how it's supposed to work.

Your right. Suppose to live a life where police don't have to come to your door. The dead man could of avoided this

-Geaux

Yes, cops showing up at your door often mean death for no reason. How many people have called the cops for help with a family member with mental problems, only to see that family member killed? They wonder why people don't respect them.
here it is again--you would handle every situation perfectly...you would not even carry a weapon
the cops don't have time to to sit the person down on a couch and ask him about his history/mental illness/problems--they are not psychiatrists

Oh, but how do you explain the fact that thousands of times a day good cops DO take the fuggin' time to handle incapacitated people like Galindo properly. When bad cops kill indiscriminately like the bad cops ( fingered )
fu.gif
ln this op did, they need to be held accountable and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Indeed, they ought to be fried like bacon in the electric chair.
. So you've already tried, sentenced, and condemed the officer before the trial or inquiry eh ??? Why because it's a COP ? The guy Galindo in which you know nothing about yet, he is innocent because he died by a cop in which you have only the vague video to run on, and maybe because you HATE COP'S ??

That.s the same old tired apologist RW White male BS I hear every time I get into an argument after one of those killer cops murders someone under the color of authority. I don't hate cops I hate cops who murder people..BIG DIFFERENCE. And I know enough about Galindo to know he called the cops to turn a pistol in and was killed by cops when he stepped outside with his pistol in an open carry state.
And I said what I meant and meant what I said.. You know perfectly well that when prosecutors have the evidence to bring a killer cop to trial, we've seen two instances where the evidence didn't mater..whether by jury trial or trial by judge. All it takes is one juror who feels cops shouldn't be convicted of murder to produce a mistrial or hung jury; or, if the defendant chooses a Judge in lieu of a jury trial, evidence like that where a cop's fingerprints were the only prints on a gun alleged to have belonged to the victim is ignored and the cop walks.
but your whole argument is wrong--they didn't MURDER..please prove this..if not, state that it is your opinion and you have no facts to back it up
You sound like the Germans during the holocaust. in their minds the Nazis weren't murdering the Jews. They were exterminating what they saw as parasites. Any descriptive euphemism was ok except to call it what it was: MURDER. Unjustifiable homicide, even when commited by an agent of the state, is, by any other name, still murder.
But white men like you, with your misplaced anger, your xenophobias and your obsession with maintaining white supremacy, have circled the wagons and given your blue knights license to kill with impunity. For you...its an US vs THEM scenario...and the cops are there to protect you against THEM.
Your blue knights are as infallible to you as the Pope is to Catholics. With your dwindling numbers...The cops must kill from time to time. to make examples of White liberals, Blacks, Mexicans and anyone else who might put the final nail in the coffin containing the last vestiges of White hegemony.
Your ilks liberal use of terms like "liberals", "communists" and other pejoratives define you....not the targets of your diabolical derisions.
either provide proof are you arguments are silly

It was stupid of him to walk outside with a gun in his hand in the first place. I'm not saying I justify what the cops did. But all you people that think they are guilty. You need to be put in the same position as the cops before you start with your holier than thou attitude.

By the time that dumbass emerged from the house, Any cop that was not in a position of cover and was not already wearing a sufficient bullet proof vest, etc. . . Should have been fired on the spot. How much danger were they really in, so long as he had his hands above his head?

I absolutely hate taking the suspect's side but it is what it is. I challenge any police instructor who uses cop shooting videos to train police cadets to make the case that this shooting was justified.

There is not enough body armor available to protect 100%. Plus civilians in the area are also to be protected from stray bullets.

At the point where he was standing there with his hands in the air. . . What could he have done to avoid being shot?

At the point where he was standing there with his hands in the air. . . What could he have done to avoid being shot?

Nothing. They wanted to shoot him, and that's exactly what they did. They fully understand they're operating in a corrupt rigged System. They can get away with murder, it happens all the time. The Courts and Judges rarely hold Police accountable. It's a corrupt private club. They stick together. And things are only gonna get worse. The militarizing of our police force continues unabated. 9/11 was a huge windfall for the Government. It's used it incredibly effectively to usher in its Police State.

But most Americans want this i guess. It resembles the lead up to the Nazis seizing power in Germany. Most Germans were well aware of horrific Nazi crimes, but they dutifully went along anyway. That's how i view most Americans today. Out of fear and paranoia, they're cheering their Government on as it takes more of their rights away. It's tragic. Most people really are 'Sheeple.' I've come to accept that. Our country is moving full sped ahead towards Totalitarianism. It is very sad, but it is what it is.

Oh well, just another day in the neighborhood of minorities who dare call the cops for protection.

Don't live like a criminal then don't die like a criminal
Personal responsibility-its easy and beneficial for those who seek it

Nothing. They wanted to shoot him, and that's exactly what they did. They fully understand they're operating in a corrupt rigged System. They can get away with murder, it happens all the time. The Courts and Judges rarely hold Police accountable. It's a corrupt private club. They stick together. And things are only gonna get worse. The militarizing of our police force continues unabated. 9/11 was a huge windfall for the Government. It's used it incredibly effectively to usher in its Police State.

But most Americans want this i guess. It resembles the lead up to the Nazis seizing power in Germany. Most Germans were well aware of horrific Nazi crimes, but they dutifully went along anyway. That's how i view most Americans today. Out of fear and paranoia, they're cheering their Government on as it takes more of their rights away. It's tragic. Most people really are 'Sheeple.' I've come to accept that. Our country is moving full sped ahead towards Totalitarianism. It is very sad, but it is what it is.
law abiding Americans don't give a SHIT about CRIMINALS!!!!!!!!!!!!
F%%K them!! I feel better when criminals of any color are dead
the courts have ruled most of these shootings are justified
they have a LOT MORE evidence than you
they don't get away with murder ..it's not even CLOSE to murder
please prove it was murder and I will protest with you

it's not murder ..stop sounding like you're brainwashed or something
either prove it or keep sounding like a fool

Leave the gun in the house. Throw the gun out prior and exit the house with empty hands.

Not rocket science. A gun in hand is a gun that can be fired.

Leave the gun in the house. Throw the gun out prior and exit the house with empty hands.

Not rocket science. A gun in hand is a gun that can be fired.

Read the question again.

You are outside, hands in the air with a gun in one of them, cops are screaming for you to put the gun down. . . What do you do to avoid getting shot at that point?

I ask this because Clearly he was shot before he could comply with their commands.

-Geaux

fu.gif

Well gee...coming from a shit stool scholar like you, I am flattered. Every time you attack my credibility it's a star in my cap. That means you're getting desperate.

-Geaux

Well gee...coming from a shit stool scholar like you, I am flattered. Every time you attack my credibility it's a star in my cap. That means you're getting desperate.
blah blah blah ...you can't prove it
no proof...you're arguments are worthless

Forum List

Back