Halloween Candy Support Group

Has anybody heard of this? It looks pretty cool, but it has to get empty eventually. I wonder how it works.

Here is what is under that bowl.....

1665786709052.png

I love a good soft butterscotch, but they are difficult to find.
I love peanutbutter and chocolate, but a good one is hard to find.

Standard American candy is sugar with a bit of brown food coloring and chocolate flavoring in it with a ton of wax and chemicals.
I don't like super sugary candy, I like to actually TASTE the ingredients and flavors.

Ghiridelli chocolate seems to be a good brand that doesn't use more sugar and chemicals than chocolate.
So far, I like their chocolate. It's not super sweet, it's just sweet enough.

Other candies that are all sugar though, some I do like............Gummies, Blowpops, Tootsie Pops, and I love those after dinner mints with the jelly in the middle.

I do like SOME sweet American chocolate..............

Chunky
Mars Dark
Heath Bar
Cella
Mint patties

I used to like Reeses a lot, but they got REALLY sugary, and I can't stand them anymore.
Except for the Reeses Stix. Kinda like KitKats, but with peanutbutter filling. Mmmmm

I used to love Godiva chocolates.......but somewhere down the line, they changed to cheap cocoa powder and added in artifical flavors.
Gag.

Standard American candy is sugar with a bit of brown food coloring and chocolate flavoring in it with a ton of wax and chemicals.
I don't like super sugary candy, I like to actually TASTE the ingredients and flavors.

Ghiridelli chocolate seems to be a good brand that doesn't use more sugar and chemicals than chocolate.

Other candies that are all sugar though, some I do like............Gummies, Blowpops, Tootsie Pops, and I love those after dinner mints with the jelly in the middle.

Chunky
Mars Dark
Heath Bar
Cella
Mint patties

I used to like Reeses a lot, but they got REALLY sugary, and I can't stand them anymore.
Except for the Reeses Stix. Kinda like KitKats, but with peanutbutter filling. Mmmmm

I used to love Godiva chocolates.......but somewhere down the line, they changed to cheap cocoa powder and added in artifical flavors.
Gag.
I like Lindor chocolate truffles.

Those are good.........but I don't care for milk chocolate. I prefer darker chocolate.
Those things are so good I can literally almost taste them just thinking about them. We have a small chocolate/candy shop near here and their dark chocolate is really good.

Hello, my name is April and I'm a chocoholic. Leo123 said that I could eat some Halloween candy now, but I figure the more candy I save, the more I can have later for Halloween and I only have a couple more weeks to wait. The only problem is that the spooky castle walls seems to be closing in on me. It seems like I keep hallucinating Jack-O-Lanterns stuffing candy bars inside their mouths,.. AHHHH!!!! I don't know if I can make it!!! This is basically what I look like right now:

View attachment 709505

I love, love, love and adore dark chocolate and eat a little every day.

BUT.

October....October is CANDY CORN season. Ah. I adore that sweet, gooey, fall treat. And with the pumpkins and the dark candy corn. Autumn Mix.

Mix it with pretzels or peanuts and I don't need any other Halloween candy. Actually. IS there any other Halloween candy?

Chunky
Mars Dark
Heath Bar
Cella
Mint patties

Gag.

100% with you on candy. I love and adore chocolate, but not like "candy bar" chocolate--okay, call me a snob. I like Gharidelli (sp?) the like 86% dark chocolate and stuff. I will eat M&Ms too, but only as a second choice. But I don't want all that other stuff--nuts, caramel, goo.

100% with you on candy. I love and adore chocolate, but not like "candy bar" chocolate--okay, call me a snob. I like Gharidelli (sp?) the like 86% dark chocolate and stuff. I will eat M&Ms too, but only as a second choice. But I don't want all that other stuff--nuts, caramel, goo.
Oh I love the GOO and the NUTS!!!!

Love Turtles, but I try to keep myself away from those.
I could make myself sick on those things!!!!

1666267347308.png

Those are good.........but I don't care for milk chocolate. I prefer darker chocolate.

Chocolate is chocolate to me, but the good news is that I only have eleven days left and that I'm going to make it after all!! :D
I love, love, love and adore dark chocolate and eat a little every day.

BUT.

October....October is CANDY CORN season. Ah. I adore that sweet, gooey, fall treat. And with the pumpkins and the dark candy corn. Autumn Mix.

Mix it with pretzels or peanuts and I don't need any other Halloween candy. Actually. IS there any other Halloween candy?

I was SO afraid that when I saw you responded you would be like the cult of religious nutters/Halloween bashers running amok on USMB right now, so thanks for not being like them because even as a Christian myself they're really starting to annoy me. :rolleyes:

Chocolate is chocolate to me, but the good news is that I only have eleven days left and that I'm going to make it after all!! :D

I was SO afraid that when I saw you responded you would be like the cult of religious nutters/Halloween bashers running amok on USMB right now, so thanks for not being like them because even as a Christian myself they're really starting to annoy me. :rolleyes:

Meh. We don't avoid the holiday at my house, we do give out candy, but don't get into the super dark aspects of it. I wouldn't have let my kids dress up like the devil for Halloween or anything, and we don't decorate for it. My kids did do the usual princess/superhero costumes etc and go trick or treating. Most people at my church are similar.

I would wonder if the super anti-Halloween folks also forgo all pagan aspects of Christmas, such as Christmas trees.

Forum List

Back