Half-term ex-governor Sarah Palin compares herself to Margaret Thatcher

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
Sarah Palin thinks she’s Margaret Thatcher

For the former Alaska governor, describing the former prime minister is like looking in a mirror

Here’s how a former half-term governor described Margaret Thatcher in National Review today. Sound familiar?
She was at heart a populist taking on the Conservative party’s old guard, who disdainfully referred to her as “That Woman.” The disdain was mutual. She referred to them as “the not so grand grandees.” As Thatcher later said, “It didn’t matter what they called me as long as I got the job done. I mean, to me they were ‘Those Grandees.’ They just don’t know what life is like. They haven’t been through it. And eventually if they didn’t help our cause, they had to go. But it didn’t bother me too much that they were patronizing like that. Frankly, the people, who are the true gentlemen, deal with others for what they are, not who their father was. Let’s face it: Maybe it took ‘That Woman’ to get things done, and the real reason why they said it was because they knew they just hadn’t got it within them to see things through.”
As she continues:
In taking on the “Those Grandees,” she wasn’t afraid of having strong opinions and fighting for them — something the establishment often found distasteful. British ambassador Sir Anthony Parsons recalled a conversation about this: “She said, ‘You know, Tony, I’m very proud that I don’t belong to your class.’ I said, ‘Prime Minister, what class do you think I belong to?’ She said, ‘I’m talking of course about upper-middle-class intellectuals who see everybody else’s point of view and have none of their own.’” And, of course, like all conservatives and trailblazers, she had to endure more than her share of vicious media attacks. Sir Archie Hamilton once recounted how he asked Thatcher whether she read the daily newspapers. “‘Oh no!’ she replied, ‘They make such hurtful and damaging remarks about me and my family, that if I ever read the papers every day, I could never get on with the job I am here to do.’” I know exactly what she meant. And as she said, “I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left.”
Et, as they say, cetera.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh Sarah...

palin-whoosh.jpg

Whow you guys are still scared of her.

Half a term that would beat Obama by about two years and Palin never promised not to quit. She only quit because of the hate spewed from the left. Obama quite because he is a liar.

Half a term that would beat Obama by about two years and Palin never promised not to quit. She only quit because of the hate spewed from the left. Obama quite because he is a liar.

I was terrified of her when I thought there was a chance she could be in charge of the Nuclear codes. Now I just get a smile on my face and a short chuckle when she pops up with her antics :)

I highly doubt she wrote that. Not enough platitudes, like, " I love freedom and low taxes." Just like her books, some staffer wrote it and she signed her name. By the way, it amuses us when conservatives say we are afraid of her. Believe me, we would like nothing more than Sarah to win the republican nomination.

Gee....I wonder what that quitter Hillary is going to do now. Pretty strange she QUITS just after the Benghazi murders.

If I was truly terrified of someone or something, I would not openly mock it on the internet.

Duh.

q7n.png

Not scary at all. Just fun to ridicule every time she opens her stupid mouth.

She only quit because of the hate spewed from the left.

No.

False.

She quit to cash in on book deals and Fox News $$. She gets paid to go on TV and be stupid.

Face it, she wasn't even qualified to be mayor of Meth Town.

Gee....I wonder what that quitter Hillary is going to do now. Pretty strange she QUITS just after the Benghazi murders.

It must be tough to be a dummy while being a generally nice person, Caroljo. Your lame attempts to be snarky and nasty just fall flat. You try so hard to be "one of the boys". Sort of sad to witness.

I agree with Sarah, thats why the left was so scared of her.

It is this type of silly thinking that got us beat the last two times.

So you bought into the media hype of throwing her under the buss like Herman? not shame on me shame on you.:lol:

Herman, Sarah, Rick and Rick, Newt, etc, are reactionaries or neo-cons, the very people that nearly crashed this country.

The mainstream GOP leadership has put the far right on notice that they are not going to play "party of stupid" without being crushed.

Believe it.

Last edited:
Remember the cartoon of the child GWB running along holding the hands of the towering Churchill and Roosevelt?

It is this type of silly thinking that got us beat the last two times.

So you bought into the media hype of throwing her under the buss like Herman? not shame on me shame on you.:lol:

Herman, Sarah, Rick and Rick, Newt, etc, are reactionaries or neo-cons, the very people that nearly crashed this country.

The mainstream GOP leadership has put the far right on notice that they are not going to play "party of stupid" without being crushed.

Believe it.

I ran for a political office once and got beat by less than 100 votes by a guy who everyone said would not finish his term. And he didn't. Some are just quitters. You are right - those loudmouths are dragging the GOP down to the point of near death. Will they ever learn?

Forum List

Back