Hackers' Give Orders to German Missile Battery Tuesday...Coincidence?

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville
Hackers give orders to German missile battery - The Local

Hackers' give orders to German missile battery

Published: 07 Jul 2015 15:00 GMT+02:00

German-owned Patriot missiles stationed in Turkey were briefly taken over by hackers, according to media reports on Tuesday.

The attack took place on anti-aircraft ‘Patriot’ missiles on the Syrian border. The American-made weapons had been stationed there by the Bundeswehr (German army) to protect Nato ally Turkey.

According to the civil service magazine, the missile system carried out “unexplained” orders. It was not immediately clear when these orders were carried out and what they were.

SEE ALSO: Hackers ruin Bundestag computer network

The magazine speculates about two weak spots in the missile system which could be exploited by hackers.

One such weakness is the Sensor-Shooter-Interoperability (SSI) which exchanges real time information between the missile launcher and its control system.

The second exposed point is a computer chip which controls the guidance of the weapon.

Attackers might have gained access in two different ways, one that takes over the operating of the missile system and one that steals data from it.

The Local ([email protected])

Okay, that is just a coincidence that Germany was hacked and given unexplained orders and our "glitch" with the NYSE and American Airlines. In guess being in the dark is comfortable.

Too many computer-related coincidences today. First the airline, then Wall Street, now this. Whoever did those is getting better at what they do.

Too many computer-related coincidences today. First the airline, then Wall Street, now this. Whoever did those is getting better at what they do.

I tend to agree. Will be interesting to see what happens in the near future.

Here is a thought, you judge if a good thought or not. I posted a thread on Microsoft firing 5 percent of their work force while complaining they want more visas for foreign workers.

I may be wrong but it seems to me we are giving a lot of foreigners access to our computer systems. Wouldn't take a lot just a few out of many.

Here is a thought, you judge if a good thought or not. I posted a thread on Microsoft firing 5 percent of their work force while complaining they want more visas for foreign workers.

I may be wrong but it seems to me we are giving a lot of foreigners access to our computer systems. Wouldn't take a lot just a few out of many.

Very interesting thought. The news today that hacking into our "secure" servers allowed China to access over 21 million federal employees, some of whom may be spies in foreign countries...some acting in the diplomatic realm.

The US seems to be complacent with our cyber security and your information may be another angle to the problem.

Forum List

Back