H.R. 6666

Text from the bill...

To authorize the Secretary of Health and Human Services to award grants to eligible entities to conduct diagnostic testing for COVID–19, and related activities such as contact tracing, through mobile health units and, as necessary, at individuals’ residences, and for other purposes.

And for other purposes.

And for other purposes.

And for other purposes.

There is nothing in this bill saying people are obligated to cooperate.

Yeah, but they're using your cell phone data. Including location and movement data. So you don't even have the opportunity for consent. Particularly your contacts.

It's called the "Trace" Act.
NC, let's say someone contagious is in WalMart on Sunday afternoon from 2-3 p.m. How you gonna find those people four days later? Is that what you mean? They can actually tell who was in the store and where they live? WHEN THEY DO THAT ON NCIS, IT'S ILLEGAL BUT THEY DO IT ANYWAY BECAUSE THEY'RE GOOD GUYS. So I'm curious if what you're saying is actually being done, and if so, who is proposing it.

None of that is actually in the bill, of course. It's just a funding vehicle. Unless you've got access to more text than I found in your link.

unnamed.jpg

Meanwhile in California, those receiving state assistance benefits are already under fire. They have until June 1 to comply with testing or risk losing their benefits. A positive test can lead to temporary foster care of their healthy children.

View attachment 334864
Alan Stallion, please pull this. It is a fake letter. See below.
Beware of Fake Letter CirculatingLetter contains false claims regarding public assistance applicants and beneficiaries and COVID-19

The California Department of Social Services has made CWDA and county human services agencies aware of false information being circulated on social mediate related to those receiving public benefits during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The letter states that individuals receiving services are required to be tested for the virus (this is false) or lose their benefits (also false). The letter also states that individuals testing positive through this process will have their children taken into the foster care system (this is false). The letter links to a fake website.
State departments and county human services departments will never ask about your health status in connection to an application for benefits. Similarly, children must be subject to abuse or neglect to enter foster care. Children cannot be put into foster care just because a parent may be ill.
The appropriate authorities have been alerted to investigate the letter.
Read more on the CDSS website.

Text from the bill...

To authorize the Secretary of Health and Human Services to award grants to eligible entities to conduct diagnostic testing for COVID–19, and related activities such as contact tracing, through mobile health units and, as necessary, at individuals’ residences, and for other purposes.

And for other purposes.

And for other purposes.

And for other purposes.
What other purposes do you think it means to fund? Specifically.

Beware of Fake Letter CirculatingLetter contains false claims regarding public assistance applicants and beneficiaries and COVID-19

The California Department of Social Services has made CWDA and county human services agencies aware of false information being circulated on social mediate related to those receiving public benefits during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The letter states that individuals receiving services are required to be tested for the virus (this is false) or lose their benefits (also false). The letter also states that individuals testing positive through this process will have their children taken into the foster care system (this is false). The letter links to a fake website.
State departments and county human services departments will never ask about your health status in connection to an application for benefits. Similarly, children must be subject to abuse or neglect to enter foster care. Children cannot be put into foster care just because a parent may be ill.

I've been reading debate on the validity of it. I've pulled the image for now.

Yeah, but they're using your cell phone data. Including location and movement data. So you don't even have the opportunity for consent. Particularly your contacts.

NC, let's say someone contagious is in WalMart on Sunday afternoon from 2-3 p.m. How you gonna find those people four days later? Is that what you mean? They can actually tell who was in the store and where they live? WHEN THEY DO THAT ON NCIS, IT'S ILLEGAL BUT THEY DO IT ANYWAY BECAUSE THEY'RE GOOD GUYS. So I'm curious if what you're saying is actually being done, and if so, who is proposing it.

None of that is actually in the bill, of course. It's just a funding vehicle. Unless you've got access to more text than I found in your link.

The cell phone location tracking for coronavirus has been in operation for some time already. In fact, there have been threads here specific to it, complete wit hthe company names who are doing the actual tracking.

I'd have to go look for those threads. I spent some considerable time in them adding relevant information about what was going on and how precisely it was happening. Technologically speaking.

The funding bill is only one aspect of a much bigger, more long-term effort. Back in 1998 the congressman from Texas had placed an appropriations ''rider'' forbidding the use of federal funds to develop a unique patient identifier which did pass Congress and has been renewed ever since. Ironically, however, last year the House of Representative voted to lift the prohibition. I say ironically, but it's no irony.

Last edited:

I dunno. That's one of the more concerning parts of it. The very wording 'and for other purposes' is disturbing. It's clearly a strategic omission.

I've been reading debate on the validity of it. I've pulled the image for now.
I was a Child Protective worker for nine years. I can assure you, it is false.

I dunno. That's one of the more concerning parts of it. The very wording 'and for other purposes' is disturbing. It's clearly a strategic omission.
To me, it seems more like a way to let the $ be used for something they maybe forgot to include but that is necessary and directly related.

I listened to that video, by the way. Giving someone a hotel room for a couple weeks while they get through the Virus is not the end of the world, although I shake my head listening to officials coming up with this NOW. It should have been done in FEBRUARY. Maine has been doing contact tracing all along and absolutely none of the scary things the video guy implies have happened here. They are on our side, NC. I know you don't believe that, but it's TRUE. They're trying to save lives.

Last edited:
Latest Action:House - 05/01/2020 Referred to the House Committee on Energy and Commerce. (All Actions)

You sure about that Clayton?

The cell phone location tracking for coronavirus has been in operation for some time already. In fact, there have been threads here specific to it, complete wit hthe company names who are doing the actual tracking.

I'd have to go look for those threads. I spent some considerable time in them adding relevant information about what was going on and how precisely it was happening. Technologically speaking.

The funding bill is only one aspect of a much bigger, more long-term effort. Back in 1998 the congressman from Texas had placed an appropriations ''rider'' forbidding the use of federal funds to develop a unique patient identifier which did pass Congress and has been renewed ever since. Ironically, however, last year the House of Representative voted to lift the prohibition. I say ironically, but it's no irony.
I didn't see this post earlier. I'll look into it myself.

But now for the interesting stuff: Can you answer my questions about the cell phone tracing? I'm really curious about that.

Sure, when I jump back on here later. I'm jumpin off here now ,though, have chores to do. I have to do some laundry. Feed the dog. Feed myself.

But the dishonest tinfoil hat squad will try to make you believe the black helicopters are on the way.

As I said. 1st, 4th, 5th and probably the 8th and 9th amendments are at play here just by the very presence of this bill.

If you wanna show us all your wisdom, I'll debate it with you later if you want. I'm jumpin off here now, though, I have stuff to do.

This is pretty thorough about what we've got going on in the US. If you read the whole article, it's not anywhere near as cool as you make it sound. Google does NOT allow individual data to be released, conglomerate #'s only. And the location tracker is OFF unless you turn it on.

Latest Action:House - 05/01/2020 Referred to the House Committee on Energy and Commerce. (All Actions)

You sure about that Clayton?
Referred – not assigned.

Much ado about nothing, a complete non-issue.

It will never become law.

But the dishonest tinfoil hat squad will try to make you believe the black helicopters are on the way.
Why won't it become law? It seems inoffensive. No, I don't buy into the black helicopters theory, but IS there some sort of security issue here that I'm not seeing?

Forum List

Back