Gypsy immigration to the USA?

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
Tramps and Thieves, A Real Gypsy Pay-off
I think Gypsies were part of the "European" immigration to the USA since always, but I think they were not fully equal they lived in tents or something or in caravans, and roamed around, and there are anti-gypsy laws i think. Do you know anything about that? Also I think maybe some Gypsies could live normal but they had to go under their nationality, like if they are from Serbia they are "Serbian" but they could not be Gypsies?

I think Gypsies were part of the "European" immigration to the USA since always, but I think they were not fully equal they lived in tents or something or in caravans, and roamed around, and there are anti-gypsy laws i think. Do you know anything about that? Also I think maybe some Gypsies could live normal but they had to go under their nationality, like if they are from Serbia they are "Serbian" but they could not be Gypsies?

In America, the immigration officials always asked what country you was from- not your ethnic group. According to the official roles, my grandfather came from Austria- not Poland- because Poland was under Austrian rule at the time he immigrated.

But once you crossed through immigration, you could live with your own group.

Forum List

Back