Gypsies

Mortimer

Gold Member
Reaction score
Me and my sister had a discussion. She asked me: "Why do you always keep saying gypsies are a nation or race" they are a culture they are just indians. I said no they are not indians, I scored lots of iran too and balkan they are mixed race. Then she said "ok then they are eastern europeans and mixed indians" they are not a race they are just a culture they are not a nation. I said "gypsies are a nation they have a unique genetic code, unique diseases for example similar to ashkenazi jews". And they are unique genetic as well as cultural group but from meta-ethnicity yes they are mixed race people but it is accepted that mixed race people can be a nation like central asian nations or mexicans. It is because gypsies dont have a country, an army, police, universities, proffessors, sports teams etc. but actually they are a nation without terretory.

Any opinions? I think my sister was told that by austrians that gypsy means someone who steals or something like that, my austrian friend also said "you are not a "gypsy" (zigeuner)" and "zigeuner/gypsy is a slur in austria" that was her words.

EvilEyeFleegle

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Me and my sister had a discussion. She asked me: "Why do you always keep saying gypsies are a nation or race" they are a culture they are just indians. I said no they are not indians, I scored lots of iran too and balkan they are mixed race. Then she said "ok then they are eastern europeans and mixed indians" they are not a race they are just a culture they are not a nation. I said "gypsies are a nation they have a unique genetic code, unique diseases for example similar to ashkenazi jews". And they are unique genetic as well as cultural group but from meta-ethnicity yes they are mixed race people but it is accepted that mixed race people can be a nation like central asian nations or mexicans. It is because gypsies dont have a country, an army, police, universities, proffessors, sports teams etc. but actually they are a nation without terretory.

Any opinions? I think my sister was told that by austrians that gypsy means someone who steals or something like that, my austrian friend also said "you are not a "gypsy" (zigeuner)" and "zigeuner/gypsy is a slur in austria" that was her words.

Hi Mortimer..you do know that you can search all this quite easily, right? They came from India

5 Intriguing Facts About the Roma
Romani people - Wikipedia

My take..like Jews...most Romani are of one race...but a large minority are cultural Gypsies

OP
Mortimer

Mortimer

Gold Member
Reaction score
Say it out loud you are gypsy and proud
IMG_20190918_092521.jpg

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List