Guns only in the home? This woman would likely disagree with that...after being raped by guy on electronic monitoring for sex assault.

The woman tried to call 911, but Jackson allegedly grabbed her phone away and hit her in the face with it. Then, he forced her into an alley.

By the description of what happened, if she had a gun, just like if she had a phone, the guy would have taken it from her, and used it against her.

No....I first pointed out that equating her trying to use a cell phone vs. her using a gun were two entirely different things.....
He was able to overpower her, and when she reached for her phone, he was able to take her phone. I can see the same had she reached for her gun.

Except the criminal would have likely used the gun against her.

Yes...this guy tried to overpower this woman and was stabbing her......

And yet.....with a gun...

What I want you to know on Gun Violence Awareness Day | Fox News

I correctly listened to my instincts; I had a feeling that my life was in danger in that elevator and prepared myself mentally for what was potentially to come.

I ran to my car in an attempt to escape and, before I could even get my entire body in my car, I was tackled by my attacker.

This man quickly overpowered me, stabbed at me with a knife, clamped his hand over my mouth multiple times, and repeatedly tried forcing me in the passenger seat of my car while telling me, “We’re going.”

The entire time this was happening, a rusted, serrated knife was being stabbed towards my abdomen and held at my face.

I had been hit in the face, thrown over my driver’s side console, and had rips in my tights from his hands trying to force my legs up and over into the passenger seat.

There are some individuals that think gun owners are “trigger happy” and wanting to pull their weapons out at the first opportunity. There is nothing further from the truth.

The night I was attacked, I fought like hell for my life before reaching for my gun. I kicked, I screamed, I had all ten fingernails ripped off and bloodied from scratching and trying to fight my way out of a literal life and death situation.

Ultimately, I accessed my gun, shot my attacker multiple times, and saved my life. He will be spending years in prison for what he did to me.

Using a gun in self-protection is not a decision one makes lightly; in fact, I never dreamed that I would be forced into a situation where I would have to do so. However, I also never imagined such evil existing in the world so that I would be powerless, wounded, on my back and unable to physically force my attacker off of me.

I owned a gun and had been trained on how to use it. I know how to safely carry and that a gun is a serious and significant weapon; it is not to be used carelessly. Naysayers and people with opposing opinions may try to undermine my situation with hypotheticals. I cannot answer these questions. All I can do is tell the facts of my story and the true account of how I saved my own life.

What I want you to know on Gun Awareness Day is that a gun in the hands of a potential victim is not improperly placed; it can be the only thing keeping her from being brutally raped and murdered.

Without my gun, I would not be alive today.

Guns are not the problem in America; men like my attacker -- who are willing to violently change one person’s life for no reason except for pure evil – are the problem.

Be safe at all times. Be aware of your surroundings. Trust your instincts. Always be able to protect yourself. Refuse to be a victim, and instead be a fighter and a survivor. Live to tell your tale and make a criminal regret the day he chose you as a “soft target.” My gun saved my life, and one could save yours too.

Actually the 2nd is a right the federal government can't infringe upon. But states can.

No, they can't...according to the Supreme Court ruling in MacDonald....and, of course...Heller....

DC is federal, it's not a state. Thus DC is control by the federal government not being able to infringe. Hawaii is a state.

I just showed you Macdonald, and Heller.......you are not correct.

And I note...you did not answer the question.....is it better that she was raped in that alley....or would it be better if she used a gun to stop the rapist?
As I pointed out from your example. The criminal easily took her phone.

And this...3 men vs. one armed woman.....

CCW IN ACTION: Armed 22-Year-Old Woman Stops Three Men Attempting To Rob Her In Store Parking Lot – Concealed Nation

OKLAHOMA CITY, OKLAHOMA — A concealed carrier successfully thwarted the efforts of three men to rob her late at night outside a Dollar Tree. According to police reports from the scene, the woman was exiting the Dollar Tree and heading to her car when she was approached by a man and asked to walk with him. When she refused, he point-blank told her he was going to rob her of her purse.

At this point, according to KOCO, she was presented by two other men backing up the first. She withdrew her concealed carry pistol from her purse and threatened to use it to protect herself. All three men quickly exited and fled the scene.

When they got to the 3200 block of North Kenmore, Jackson grabbed the victim’s arm from behind and indicated he had a gun, Gumbs said.

The woman tried to call 911, but Jackson allegedly grabbed her phone away and hit her in the face with it. Then, he forced her into an alley.
So....to the anti-gun extremists...........please...be brave...answer the following question....

Is it better that this woman was dragged into an alley and raped....or would it be better if she used a gun to stop the rape.......?

By the description of what happened, if she had a gun, just like if she had a phone, the guy would have taken it from her, and used it against her.

Bullshit!
She had her cell phone out and was trying to call 911.
Then you have to wait while the phone rings before someone answers.
Then you have to tell them where you are and whats happening.
With a gun all you have to do is pull it out and pull the trigger,which of course takes seconds not minutes.

And I note...you did not answer the question.....is it better that she was raped in that alley....or would it be better if she used a gun to stop the rapist?
As I pointed out from your example. The criminal easily took her phone.

15-30 violent people vs. one armed woman...

St. Paul Woman Stops Violent Attack on Husband by Drawing Her Gun

A St. Paul, Minnesota man was brutally assaulted by a gang of 15 to 30 young men who were gambling in his driveway as he returned from work.

32-year-old Bruce Chang says when he tried to clear the group to gain access to his driveway, they began to assault him, even throwing rocks and jabbing sticks at his face and torso.

“I didn’t know I was stabbed but I felt the pressure and fell to one knee,” he said. “I immediately pushed off, because you got to survive.”

Although Chang had obtained his firearms permit for personal protection years ago, he is not allowed to carry at his workplace and says that’s why he did not have his weapon on him when he returned home that day.

Fortunately for him, his wife also has a permit. She was able to run outside and draw her gun – scaring off the gang and ending her husband’s violent attack.

“With one of my older neighbors, who knows what would have happened,” Chang said.

I'm having a problem with the fact that this jack off was released on an ankle monitor. I can't seem to move beyond that shit.
First he did not have an ankle monitor. He was supposed to, but the state dropped the ball.

Even more reason to carry a firearm.
Because as we all know and liberals deny,criminals dont follow the law.

Ultimately, I accessed my gun, shot my attacker multiple times, and saved my life. He will be spending years in prison for what he did to me.

Shot him multiple times? And he survived?

If I double tapped someone, he's never going to see a prison cell.

Yeah....sell that to hollywood....1.1 million times a year guns are used for self defense.....and only 235 criminals are shot to death....the human body can take a lot of punishment....luckily, most criminals run away, or surrender.

Shot him multiple times? And he survived?

Bullshit.
There are plenty of instances where cops have dumped a dozen rounds into someone and they dont go down immediately.
You watch to many movies.

Anyone trained and licensed to carry should be allowed to carry. But untrained individuals, who carry can actually be more of a danger to themselves. And why do you think even trained prison guards aren't allowed to carry guns?

Congratulations. That is the stupidest comparison ever made on the internet.

It's McDonald, and as Alito wrote.

Alito also reaffirmed, in part of the opinion for four justices, that certain firearms restrictions mentioned in District of Columbia v. Heller are assumed permissible and not directly dealt with in this case. Such restrictions include … "laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms.

The USSC threw out the federal law against guns within 100 feet of a school. But states are free to put such a restriction in place.

When they got to the 3200 block of North Kenmore, Jackson grabbed the victim’s arm from behind and indicated he had a gun, Gumbs said.

So....to the anti-gun extremists...........please...be brave...answer the following question....

Is it better that this woman was dragged into an alley and raped....or would it be better if she used a gun to stop the rape.......?

Except no...........a phone is not a gun, a gun pointed at the attacker.......

Here...one example...

I was going by your original example. If you feel I was correct in my assessment, and you have to substitute another example instead, feel free.

No....I first pointed out that equating her trying to use a cell phone vs. her using a gun were two entirely different things.....

I then went on to show how a woman confronting not one, but two men, one even armed with a baseball bat.....

"Two gentlemen came out of the woods, one holding a baseball bat, and said 'You're coming with us'."

She simply pointed the gun at them and both men, even the one with the baseball bat...ran away...

I think its a mistake to threaten with a gun. If you are going to pull it, shoot for center mass.

That being said, I don't know any women who wear a gun when they are doing laundry or emptying the dishwasher.

It's McDonald, and as Alito wrote.

Alito also reaffirmed, in part of the opinion for four justices, that certain firearms restrictions mentioned in District of Columbia v. Heller are assumed permissible and not directly dealt with in this case. Such restrictions include … "laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms.

The USSC threw out the federal law against guns within 100 feet of a school. But states are free to put such a restriction in place.

Again....you failed to read my post.....Macdonald states that the 2nd Amendment includes the states...so you are just wrong.

Yes....100 feet was the Lopez ruling...which the idiots on the left wing side of the court wanted to uphold.

Yeah....sell that to hollywood....1.1 million times a year guns are used for self defense.....and only 235 criminals are shot to death....the human body can take a lot of punishment....luckily, most criminals run away, or surrender.
Gun control, means knowing how to aim.

Except no...........a phone is not a gun, a gun pointed at the attacker.......

Here...one example...

I was going by your original example. If you feel I was correct in my assessment, and you have to substitute another example instead, feel free.

I then went on to show how a woman confronting not one, but two men, one even armed with a baseball bat.....

"Two gentlemen came out of the woods, one holding a baseball bat, and said 'You're coming with us'."

She simply pointed the gun at them and both men, even the one with the baseball bat...ran away...

I think its a mistake to threaten with a gun. If you are going to pull it, shoot for center mass.

That being said, I don't know any women who wear a gun when they are doing laundry or emptying the dishwasher.

And?

Actually the opposite should be true. States have long maintained that they will allow even the most dangerous of behaviors, as long as the people are trained, regulated and licensed.

Where there is no such scheme, they instead ban the behavior, as too dangerous.

Are you on some sort of drugs?

Actually such an example is the prescribing of dangerous drugs.

Thanks for mentioning it, thus proving my point.

Actually the opposite should be true. States have long maintained that they will allow even the most dangerous of behaviors, as long as the people are trained, regulated and licensed.

Where there is no such scheme, they instead ban the behavior, as too dangerous.

Are you on some sort of drugs?

Actually such an example is the prescribing of dangerous drugs.

Thanks for mentioning it, thus proving my point.

Drugs are not protected by the Constitution.......

Forum List

Back