Guns only in the home? This woman would likely disagree with that...after being raped by guy on electronic monitoring for sex assault.

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
A lot of the people who say they support owning a gun, now say, but only in the home......this woman might not agree with that argument, since she was raped in an alley.....you know, not in her home...

And the rapist? Was supposed to be at his home on an electronic monitor...for robbery and sexual assault....but in democrat party controlled cities......criminals aren't taken seriously....as this woman sadly found out in that alley...

A man who followed a Lakeview woman from the Belmont Red Line station last weekend and then raped her in a nearby alley was supposed to be on electronic monitoring for a previous attack, prosecutors said.

But Antoine Jackson never arranged to have the monitoring bracelet attached and he remained on the loose in violation of the probation he received, Assistant State’s Attorney Hazel Gumbs said during a bond court hearing Saturday.

Instead of being home on electronic monitoring, Gumbs said, Jackson was at the Belmont Red Line station around 3:45 a.m. March 14 when a 29-year-old woman caught his eye.

Surveillance footage allegedly shows Jackson following the woman from the platform, onto Belmont Avenue, and then down the street as she walked home.

When they got to the 3200 block of North Kenmore, Jackson grabbed the victim’s arm from behind and indicated he had a gun, Gumbs said.

The woman tried to call 911, but Jackson allegedly grabbed her phone away and hit her in the face with it. Then, he forced her into an alley.

Gumbs said the victim pounded on a door to get help, but Jackson forced her down some stairs where he pulled down his pants and forced her to perform sex acts. Then, he raped her, she said.

So....to the anti-gun extremists...........please...be brave...answer the following question....

Is it better that this woman was dragged into an alley and raped....or would it be better if she used a gun to stop the rape.......?

This appears to be a difficult question for anti-gunners to answer...since they never answer it...

By the way....this is the rapist...and why he was supposed to be on Electronic monitoring......

He should have been in jail......but the democrat party lets guys like him out.......

This guy was out of jail, and on electronic monitoring.....so tell us again that guns should only be allowed in the home...

Police this morning said they arrested 27-year-old Antoine Jackson yesterday after he was recognized as the man responsible for attacking the woman aboard a northbound Red Line train near the Morse station on Jan. 2.
---

Earlier this month, police said the attacker began exposing himself to the victim as they traveled on the train around 9:57 a.m. The woman moved to a different car to get away, but the man followed her, struck her several times, touched her inappropriately, and then forced her to perform a sex act against her will, investigators said.

Jackson is charged with felony attempted aggravated criminal sexual assault, felony aggravated criminal sexual abuse, felony robbery, and felony aggravated battery in a public place. He is due in bond court this afternoon.

Let me repeat............

Jackson is charged with felony attempted aggravated criminal sexual assault, felony aggravated criminal sexual abuse, felony robbery, and felony aggravated battery in a public place. He is due in bond court this afternoon.

They let him out on electric monitoring.......

Last edited:
A lot of the people who say they support owning a gun, now say, but only in the home......this woman might not agree with that argument, since she was raped in an alley.....you know, not in her home...

And the rapist? Was supposed to be at his home on an electronic monitor...for robbery and sexual assault....but in democrat party controlled cities......criminals aren't taken seriously....as this woman sadly found out in that alley...

A man who followed a Lakeview woman from the Belmont Red Line station last weekend and then raped her in a nearby alley was supposed to be on electronic monitoring for a previous attack, prosecutors said.

But Antoine Jackson never arranged to have the monitoring bracelet attached and he remained on the loose in violation of the probation he received, Assistant State’s Attorney Hazel Gumbs said during a bond court hearing Saturday.

Instead of being home on electronic monitoring, Gumbs said, Jackson was at the Belmont Red Line station around 3:45 a.m. March 14 when a 29-year-old woman caught his eye.

Surveillance footage allegedly shows Jackson following the woman from the platform, onto Belmont Avenue, and then down the street as she walked home.

When they got to the 3200 block of North Kenmore, Jackson grabbed the victim’s arm from behind and indicated he had a gun, Gumbs said.

The woman tried to call 911, but Jackson allegedly grabbed her phone away and hit her in the face with it. Then, he forced her into an alley.

Gumbs said the victim pounded on a door to get help, but Jackson forced her down some stairs where he pulled down his pants and forced her to perform sex acts. Then, he raped her, she said.

So....to the anti-gun extremists...........please...be brave...answer the following question....

Is it better that this woman was dragged into an alley and raped....or would it be better if she used a gun to stop the rape.......?

This appears to be a difficult question for anti-gunners to answer...since they never answer it...

By the way....this is the rapist...and why he was supposed to be on Electronic monitoring......

He should have been in jail......but the democrat party lets guys like him out.......

This guy was out of jail, and on electronic monitoring.....so tell us again that guns should only be allowed in the home...

Police this morning said they arrested 27-year-old Antoine Jackson yesterday after he was recognized as the man responsible for attacking the woman aboard a northbound Red Line train near the Morse station on Jan. 2.
---

Earlier this month, police said the attacker began exposing himself to the victim as they traveled on the train around 9:57 a.m. The woman moved to a different car to get away, but the man followed her, struck her several times, touched her inappropriately, and then forced her to perform a sex act against her will, investigators said.

The thread premise is a lie.

The law does not say ‘guns only in the home.’

In all jurisdictions in the United States citizens have the right to carry firearms outside of the home.

A few jurisdictions prohibit the open-carrying of firearms, but in those jurisdictions citizens are at liberty to carry concealed.

---

In all jurisdictions in the United States citizens have the right to carry firearms outside of the home.

A few jurisdictions prohibit the open-carrying of firearms, but in those jurisdictions citizens are at liberty to carry concealed.
someday clayton you should tell us what it feels like???

What's the point of this diatribe? The woman didn't use her gun to stop the rape, so how useful was it.

By the description of what happened, if she had a gun, just like if she had a phone, the guy would have taken it from her, and used it against her.

---

Hey....dip shit...you need to read my post...again...... I did not say the law.....in this thread......and in truth, anti-gun extremists don't want guns in the home either, just ask joe....or penelope, or candycorn....you idiot.

A lot of the people who say they support owning a gun, now say, but only in the home..

I believe the poster Vrenn has recently stated this......you doofus.

==========

The en banc court noted that this Court has previously held that individuals do not have a Second Amendment right to carry concealed weapons in public.
----

The en banc court held that the Second Amendment does not guarantee an unfettered, general right to openly carry arms in public for individual self-defense. Accordingly, Hawai‘i’s firearms-carry scheme is lawful.

Hawaii......with their regulations, now bans carrying guns in public.....this is why I do not support mandatory training, licensing, taxing the ability to carry guns...

By the description of what happened, if she had a gun, just like if she had a phone, the guy would have taken it from her, and used it against her.

Except no...........a phone is not a gun, a gun pointed at the attacker.......

Here...one example...one woman, alone, against two men, one using a bat...

Lancaster Woman Scares Off Bat-Wielding Attackers By Pulling Gun On Them

LANCASTER, Ohio - It happened along a walking path in Lancaster.

Dinah Burns is licensed to carry a concealed gun, but she'd only recently started taking her weapon while walking her dog.

Based on what happened, it looks like she'll make a point of carrying from now on.

"I think if they'd gotten any closer, I probably would have fired,” said Burns.

It was Monday when Burns was on a footpath near Sanderson Elementary School.

"Two gentlemen came out of the woods, one holding a baseball bat, and said 'You're coming with us'."

The men weren't deterred by Dinah's dog Gracie.

"I said, 'Well, what do you want?,' and as I was saying that I reached in to my pocket and slipped my gun out, slipped the safety off as I pulled it out. As I was doing that the other gentleman came toward me and raised the baseball bat. And, I pointed the gun at them and said, 'I have this and I'm not afraid to use it.'"

The men took off and so far have eluded police. Dinah posted about the incident on Facebook to alert friends and neighbors, to criticism by some.

"Most of the males' opinion was, 'Why didn't you shoot them?'"

Easy to second-guess a decision made under pressure, based on her concealed carry training, and police agree.

"To get out of a situation, back out, get out of it as much as you can without having to discharge your firearm."

"I will say it's a good thing to go from a place of danger to a place of safety, however you get that done,” said Sgt. Matt Chambers, Lancaster Police.

"Very thankful that it turned out the way it did, and hope it doesn't happen again, but I will be prepared."

Also....the research....

Guns Effective Defense Against Rape

A woman using a gun is less likely to be raped and more likely to not be injured during the attack....

Guns Effective Defense Against Rape

However, most recent studies with improved methodology are consistently showing that the more forceful the resistance, the lower the risk of a completed rape, with no increase in physical injury. Sarah Ullman's original research (Journal of Interpersonal Violence, 1998) and critical review of past studies (Criminal Justice and Behavior, 1997) are especially valuable in solidifying this conclusion.

I wish to single out one particular subtype of physical resistance: Use of a weapon, and especially a firearm, is statistically a woman's best means of resistance, greatly enhancing her odds of escaping both rape and injury, compared to any other strategy of physical or verbal resistance. This conclusion is drawn from four types of information.

First, a 1989 study (Furby, Journal of Interpersonal Violence) found that both male and female survey respondents judged a gun to be the most effective means that a potential rape victim could use to fend off the assault. Rape "experts" considered it a close second, after eye-gouging.

Second, raw data from the 1979-1985 installments of the Justice Department's annual National Crime Victim Survey show that when a woman resists a stranger rape with a gun, the probability of completion was 0.1 percent and of victim injury 0.0 percent, compared to 31 percent and 40 percent, respectively, for all stranger rapes (Kleck, Social Problems, 1990).

Third, a recent paper (Southwick, Journal of Criminal Justice, 2000) analyzed victim resistance to violent crimes generally, with robbery, aggravated assault and rape considered together. Women who resisted with a gun were 2.5 times more likely to escape without injury than those who did not resist and 4 times more likely to escape uninjured than those who resisted with any means other than a gun. Similarly, their property losses in a robbery were reduced more than six-fold and almost three-fold, respectively, compared to the other categories of resistance strategy.

Fourth, we have two studies in the last 20 years that directly address the outcomes of women who resist attempted rape with a weapon. (Lizotte, Journal of Quantitative Criminology, 1986; Kleck, Social Problems, 1990.) The former concludes,"Further, women who resist rape with a gun or knife dramatically decrease their probability of completion." (Lizotte did not analyze victim injuries apart from the rape itself.) The latter concludes that "resistance with a gun or knife is the most effective form of resistance for preventing completion of a rape"; this is accomplished "without creating any significant additional risk of other injury."

The best conclusion from available scientific data, then, is when avoidance of rape has failed and one must choose between being raped and resisting, a woman's best option is to resist with a gun in her hands.

Hawaii......with their regulations, now bans carrying guns in public.....this is why I do not support mandatory training, licensing, taxing the ability to carry guns...

Actually the opposite should be true. States have long maintained that they will allow even the most dangerous of behaviors, as long as the people are trained, regulated and licensed.

Where there is no such scheme, they instead ban the behavior, as too dangerous.

Here...one example...

I was going by your original example. If you feel I was correct in my assessment, and you have to substitute another example instead, feel free.

I'm having a problem with the fact that this jack off was released on an ankle monitor. I can't seem to move beyond that shit.
First he did not have an ankle monitor. He was supposed to, but the state dropped the ball.

Actually the opposite should be true. States have long maintained that they will allow even the most dangerous of behaviors, as long as the people are trained, regulated and licensed.

Where there is no such scheme, they instead ban the behavior, as too dangerous.

Nope......mandatory training, and other requirements are used to keep law abiding people from being able to own and carry guns.......that is why I don't support those anti-gun schemes...

Here...one example...

I was going by your original example. If you feel I was correct in my assessment, and you have to substitute another example instead, feel free.

No....I first pointed out that equating her trying to use a cell phone vs. her using a gun were two entirely different things.....

I then went on to show how a woman confronting not one, but two men, one even armed with a baseball bat.....

"Two gentlemen came out of the woods, one holding a baseball bat, and said 'You're coming with us'."

She simply pointed the gun at them and both men, even the one with the baseball bat...ran away...

I'm having a problem with the fact that this jack off was released on an ankle monitor. I can't seem to move beyond that shit.
First he did not have an ankle monitor. He was supposed to, but the state dropped the ball.
He was released. No? It isn't relevant that he actually had one on or not. It's the release. There are certain charges where individuals should not be released. Period. This is one of them.

shrek sacrifice willing make.jpg

Yep......he shouldn't have been on an ankle monitor for the crimes he was arrested for..........

This is what he was supposed to be on the ankle monitor for...

And I note...you did not answer the question.....is it better that she was raped in that alley....or would it be better if she used a gun to stop the rapist?

Second, raw data from the 1979-1985 installments of the Justice Department's annual National Crime Victim Survey show that when a woman resists a stranger rape with a gun, the probability of completion was 0.1 percent and of victim injury 0.0 percent, compared to 31 percent and 40 percent, respectively, for all stranger rapes (Kleck, Social Problems, 1990).

This reminds me of when they started putting electronic ECM anti-theft systems into cars. It was supposed to make them impossible to steal. That even the practice of removing the ignition lock wouldn't bypass the electronic signal from the ignition key needed to start the car.

And instead thieves turned to a different method. Car-jacking.

I suspect that wide use of open or concealed carry, would result in a similar evolution in how criminals attack their victims.

This reminds me of when they started putting electronic ECM anti-theft systems into cars. It was supposed to make them impossible to steal. That even the practice of removing the ignition lock wouldn't bypass the electronic signal from the ignition key needed to start the car.

And instead thieves turned to a different method. Car-jacking.

I suspect that wide use of open or concealed carry, would result in a similar evolution in how criminals attack their victims.

Research shows that after states have enacted concealed or open carry laws, criminals tend to move into crimes where they don't encounter humans.......it usually takes about 5% of a population to carry guns to get the effect.....

And prisoners in prison asked by researchers about burglary, state they avoid people because they don't want to be shot....

Forum List

Back