Gun rights advocates speak out at Lansing Capitol

"Its the law in 31 states."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't have a dog in Michigan's gunfight, but.....

....but, in my opinion, if you beat the snot outta your wife or girlfriend regularly, and a judge issues a protective order against you.....well, hell's bells, no you shouldn't have a firearm in your possession. That ain't rocket-science.

Look, I'm a firearm owner, have been since age 10, when I bought a .22 single-shot with my newspaper-delivery earnings. Today I own 10 guns. And I have a right to own 'em.

But, with every right comes a responsibility.
If I ain't responsible enough to keep from beatin' the tar outta my wife.....then I ain't responsible enough to have a gun.
Duh!!

I think Michigan passed a couple of other laws too (?? didn't they).

• A more thorough background-check law.
    Well, hell yeah. If you are gonna bring an easily concealable, easily portable, easily used, high-lethality tool into society ......well, be able to show society that you are responsible enough to not endanger all of us.
  • And then, I think, they also made the owner-of-record liable ---criminally liable ---if a minor gets ahold of their gun and causes harm.
That's another no-brainer. If you can't keep your SigSauer P365 outta the hands of your 6yr old grandson and he shoots his sister.....well, then, you aren't responsible enough to own a firearm, and you should go to jail.
(But not the 6yr old. Hell, he's only 6yrs old....jail is no place for him. And the 4yr old sister? Well, never mind her. She's dead.)

Forum List

Back