Gun free zones

Here's a little factoid for you . States wh tougher gun laws have less crime . That's a fact .

Now gun nuts will play a shell game and bring up Chicago for the 1000th time . Or Vermont . Here's the deal, Chicago and DC are just cities and they have big gang problems . And no one lives in Vermont .

But if you want to compare similar gun nut vs gun control state, it's on bitch!!!
How many murders and shooting happen in wyo. ??
Where there is probably more guns per person than most anywhere on the planet, and very lenient gun laws.

People kill people not guns, if not all of wyo. would be dead.

I think you'd be surprised on how high wyomings gun death rate is . I'm not at home but I'll check it later .

Yeah….I thought so…..the source you are using states they add suicides which bumps up that number…they are not counting gun murders….if they just do that the gun murder rate is low.

Here's a little factoid for you . States wh tougher gun laws have less crime . That's a fact .

Now gun nuts will play a shell game and bring up Chicago for the 1000th time . Or Vermont . Here's the deal, Chicago and DC are just cities and they have big gang problems . And no one lives in Vermont .

But if you want to compare similar gun nut vs gun control state, it's on bitch!!!
How many murders and shooting happen in wyo. ??
Where there is probably more guns per person than most anywhere on the planet, and very lenient gun laws.

People kill people not guns, if not all of wyo. would be dead.

I think you'd be surprised on how high wyomings gun death rate is . I'm not at home but I'll check it later .
There again many, many more guns than people, how many mass shootings?? How many killings per day compared to Chicago?? Many, many more guns than Chicago has, the difference is Chicago has more people, hence people kill people not guns.

Nice try another deflection
So you're saying that if Chicago had zero gun control there would be less shootings?

If Chicago allowed more people to concealed carry their would be fewer gun murders….and what they actually need is 2,000 more police …and to get rid of the aldermen actively supporting gang activity and protecting the gangs….

Looks like the plains ain't so great when it comes to gun deaths after all .

View attachment 53597 View attachment 53596 View attachment 53596

BULLSHIT

Do Strict Firearm Laws Give States Lower Gun Death Rates?

Notably, "gun-related deaths" include not only homicides but suicides, accidents, and "legal intervention involving firearms." In fact, suicides account for three-fifths of gun-related deaths in the United States, twice as many as homicides do. That breakdown is obviously relevant to the question of whether particular laws can be credited with reducing gun-related deaths. Making it harder to buy a handgun might affect suicides, for instance, while making it harder to carry a handgun in public or easier to beat homicide charges with a self-defense claim probably would not.

Focusing on homicides can have a dramatic impact on a state's rank. Wyoming, for instance, has a high suicide rate but a low homicide rate. The District of Columbia, by contrast, has a low suicide rate but a high homicide rate.

Thank you……….

Do Strict Firearm Laws Give States Lower Gun Death Rates?

Notably, "gun-related deaths" include not only homicides but suicides, accidents, and "legal intervention involving firearms." In fact, suicides account for three-fifths of gun-related deaths in the United States, twice as many as homicides do. That breakdown is obviously relevant to the question of whether particular laws can be credited with reducing gun-related deaths. Making it harder to buy a handgun might affect suicides, for instance, while making it harder to carry a handgun in public or easier to beat homicide charges with a self-defense claim probably would not.

Focusing on homicides can have a dramatic impact on a state's rank. Wyoming, for instance, has a high suicide rate but a low homicide rate. The District of Columbia, by contrast, has a low suicide rate but a high homicide rate.

It was brought up in last nights debate.
Does anyone still believe these killing grounds are still safe??

Here in the northern plains there are very few gun free zones, guess what no shootings.
Pretty obvious that is what happens when people encounter potential pushback, who knew?? Anyone with common sense. Duh!!

Buy more guns and ammo
This fails as an appeal to consequences fallacy.

There is no evidence that 'gun free zones' facilitate mass shootings or violent gun crimes, just as there is no evidence that citizens allowed to carry a concealed firearm make people 'safer' in any given venue.

Indeed, the notion of 'gun free zones' with regard to private property is suspect.

Wrong…gun free zones are chosen by shooters….

Here's a little factoid for you . States wh tougher gun laws have less gun crime . That's a fact .

Here's a little factoid for you . States wh tougher gun laws have less gun crime . That's a fact .

That is a lie…….first, please link your source….second…my guess is your source comes from the Violence Policy Center or another anti gun group….and what they do to make that false claim is add suicides to the numbers of gun "homicides" , not gun crime……

All of the states with high gun murder rates have big, democrat controlled cities and almost all of their gun crime is done by criminals and almost all of their victims are other criminals…….

I forgot to post the link. I have in on my iPad , I'll get it later . ( on my phone now ).

Seriously , you guys are so intellectually dishonest . Comparing wide open rural states wh DC!? DC isn't even a state!

Oh and "democratically controlled cities " is another tactic . Well list for me three republican controlled cities and let's compare the numbers then.

That is a lie…….first, please link your source….second…my guess is your source comes from the Violence Policy Center or another anti gun group….and what they do to make that false claim is add suicides to the numbers of gun "homicides" , not gun crime……

All of the states with high gun murder rates have big, democrat controlled cities and almost all of their gun crime is done by criminals and almost all of their victims are other criminals…….

I forgot to post the link. I have in on my iPad , I'll get it later . ( on my phone now ).

Seriously , you guys are so intellectually dishonest . Comparing wide open rural states wh DC!? DC isn't even a state!

Oh and "democratically controlled cities " is another tactic . Well list for me three republican controlled cities and let's compare the numbers then.
The only fact that matters is guns don't kill people people do, more people more killings.
More guns less people more lenient laws = less killings.
Take the guns out of the equation they will be replaced by something else.

AGAIN PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE, GUNS ARE NOT THE ONLY WAY TO KILL PEOPLE.

BUY MORE GUNS AND AMMO....

Here in the northern plains there are very few gun free zones, guess what no shootings.
Pretty obvious that is what happens when people encounter potential pushback, who knew?? Anyone with common sense. Duh!!

Buy more guns and ammo

So, by your argument, shooters, who are mostly suicidal anyway, avoid going places to shoot people unless they are gun free zones. Therefore, if there were NO gun free zones, these suicidal shooters would simply stay home,and not shoot anybody, since they are afraid that they would get shot. Consequently, it follows that all mass shooting would cease if there were no gun free zones!

Congratulations! You have won the Trump award for simplified problem solving, which is totally delusional! I would ask you to solve the illegal immigration problem with similar simplified logic, but Trump has already done that!

Buy more guns and ammo

So, by your argument, shooters, who are mostly suicidal anyway, avoid going places to shoot people unless they are gun free zones. Therefore, if there were NO gun free zones, these suicidal shooters would simply stay home,and not shoot anybody, since they are afraid that they would get shot. Consequently, it follows that all mass shooting would cease if there were no gun free zones!

Congratulations! You have won the Trump award for simplified problem solving, which is totally delusional! I would ask you to solve the illegal immigration problem with similar simplified logic, but Trump has already done that!
No, I was saying gun free zone's make nothing safer.

And on immigration to tell you the truth I have no idea how to solve the problem. I think it's probably too far gone to do anything about it.
With our open borders it's already baked of the cake as a country we are screwed on this front as well.

Buy more guns and ammo

No one is claiming anything so stupid. Stop embarrassing yourself. The point is the mass shooters are reasonably confident that they will cause more deaths in a gun free school than they would at an NRA convention.
Take my bar, for example. Come there and start shooting innocent people. You will come up against 5 or 6 well trained gun owners that can and will get the threat over with in short order.

Buy more guns and ammo
This fails as an appeal to consequences fallacy.

There is no evidence that 'gun free zones' facilitate mass shootings or violent gun crimes, just as there is no evidence that citizens allowed to carry a concealed firearm make people 'safer' in any given venue.

Indeed, the notion of 'gun free zones' with regard to private property is suspect.

Wrong…gun free zones are chosen by shooters….
Clayton is dependable, if nothing else.

Buy more guns and ammo

No one is claiming anything so stupid. Stop embarrassing yourself. The point is the mass shooters are reasonably confident that they will cause more deaths in a gun free school than they would at an NRA convention.
Take my bar, for example. Come there and start shooting innocent people. You will come up against 5 or 6 well trained gun owners that can and will get the threat over with in short order.
Wow! you sure do hang out with some macho guys!

Buy more guns and ammo

We aren't fairies here for sure. Why is it that "tolerant" liberals resort to gay insults?
Yes we are manly men here and there are quite a few pistol toting women.
I own a bar in Alabama. We take our freedoms pretty seriously here.

Buy more guns and ammo

We aren't fairies here for sure. Why is it that "tolerant" liberals resort to gay insults?

Yes, you do. However, nobody takes Alabamans seriously except themselves.Waving guns and confederate flags from your pickup trucks is so 1960's.....

Buy more guns and ammo

Yes, you do. However, nobody takes Alabamans seriously except themselves.Waving guns and confederate flags from your pickup trucks is so 1960's.....

Ya, totally nonthreatening so who cares??

Buy more guns and ammo

and please explain to us why all of the mass shootings...even ones on military bases...target gun free zones...even on military bases.....

The Fort Hood shooters did not go where the infantry were qualifying with their rifles, or go to the post MIlitary police headquarters...the first guy went to a health facility where none of the soldiers were armed.....

Please...explain how that happened...just luck?

Forum List

Back