CDZ Gun deaths in all states per capita

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Tigers are solitary.

Like I said you Brits have been conditioned to accept intrusive government and you seem to enjoy being under constant surveillance by the government.

American would never agree to living under such conditions.

Shit a pocket knife with a 2 in blade that has a liner lock is illegal in your country.

I bet you can get arrested for running with scissors too

Singing "Kung Fu Fighting," in a pub will get you arrested there....

Oh, but they do. Americans are quite commonplace on UK message boards, but their trolling is usually treated as a joke and dismissed.
It's still a damn sight lower than yours, even allowing for population size: United Kingdom vs United States: Crime > Violent crime Facts and Stats
Gun laws do however, dramatically lower gun murder rates.

Wrong........Britain has more violent crime than the U.S.......

We thought Bier’s points were reasonable, so we tried to replicate his approach. We looked at the raw violent crime numbers for each country, using statistics for England and Wales for 2012 and for the United States for 2011, in a way that sought to compare apples to apples. (We should note that the United Kingdom includes Scotland and Northern Ireland, but the numbers in the meme appear to be based only on crime in England and Wales, which are calculated separately.)

For England and Wales, we added together three crime categories: "violence against the person, with injury," "most serious sexual crime," and "robbery." This produced a rate of 775 violent crimes per 100,000 people.

For the United States, we used the FBI’s four standard categories for violent crime that Bier cited. We came up with a rate of 383 violent crimes per 100,000 people.

If there's no gun problem, per capita, gun incidents/deaths would be in the average range of other Western nations,
That is incorrect. The question of "whether there is a gun problem or not" does not depend on "whether or not guns are frequently used when crimes are committed".

Of course when there are lots of guns, guns are frequently involved whenever a crime is committed.

But so what? The problem with crime is the crime itself, not the fact that a gun may have been involved.

Being killed with a gun is not worse than being killed with a knife.

Being raped at gunpoint is not worse than being raped at knifepoint.

Being robbed at gunpoint is not worse than being robbed at knifepoint.

but you're not.
That's OK. We do not need to be.

Oh, 1788. Yeah, at that time when someone wanted to stand up to the government it was a bit more of a "fair fight" with regards to technology.
I'm not planning on violently standing up to the government. Are you?

The 2008 Heller ruling protects our right to have weapons that are suitable for defense against criminals, and weapons that there is no justification for restricting.

You may not know this but 1788 was a very long time ago.
So what? 600 BC is even further yet into the past.

Freedom will always apply in the present and in the future in America.

And Tigers are solitary.

Like I said you Brits have been conditioned to accept intrusive government and you seem to enjoy being under constant surveillance by the government.

American would never agree to living under such conditions.

Shit a pocket knife with a 2 in blade that has a liner lock is illegal in your country.

I bet you can get arrested for running with scissors too
Hmm, you are aware that Tigers are an endangered species, some on the verge of extinction.
Are you telling me there is no CCTV anywhere in America, or that the FBI never listens in on phone conversations, and no law enforcement organisation ever tracks people's movements using GPS in phones and cars?
Well many types of knives and swords are illegal, but for orinary pocket knives it's 3 inches, happy to help.
Only if you are running towards someone in an attempt to stab them.

I can think of other differences. Our lack of a strong social safety net leading to greater poverty is a difference.

I am not entirely clear on what you mean by responsibilities.
When people do their research and homework, find the Jordan Peterson video where he explains it.

My opinions are based on psychologists and studies from recognised sources.

Citizens are not shooting each other.....criminals with long histories of crime and violence who are forbidden by law from buying, owning or carrying guns are murdering other criminals......and hitting the friends and family of those criminals in the process...

Normal gun owners who do not live in democrat party controlled cities, in the tiny areas of these cities where the democrat party keeps releasing the most violent gun offenders who should be kept in jail and prison, are not under threat of gun violence.........

Please....show us how the mass public shootings in Britain were kept out of your public schools...since only Jewish schools in Britain have highly armed security.....?
What's a normal gun owner, what do they look like?

Hmm, you are aware that Tigers are an endangered species, some on the verge of extinction.
Are you telling me there is no CCTV anywhere in America, or that the FBI never listens in on phone conversations, and no law enforcement organisation ever tracks people's movements using GPS in phones and cars?
Well many types of knives and swords are illegal, but for orinary pocket knives it's 3 inches, happy to help.
Only if you are running towards someone in an attempt to stab them.
Only because men hunt them down and they have no means to defend themselves.

And no there is not CC TV everywhere in the US.

The country is too big for that . Your country is about the size of the state of Michigan and has 65 million people crammed into it cheek to jowl.

And if that 3 in pocket knife has a simple locking mechanism it is illegal.

You people need permission to carry a simple multitool.

But as I said you are conditioned to accept intrusive government and you all seem to like being treated like children.

Where do you live, the dark side of the moon??
Once again you prove your ignorance.

We all know that the gun violence in the US that you somehow seem to think is completely homogenous across every city town and community is actually concentrated in a very small number of inner city neighborhoods.

The cops and politicians know this but they choose to do nothing because it is predominantly young minority males killing other young minority males.

We all know that the gun violence in the US that you somehow seem to think is completely homogenous across every city town and community is actually concentrated in a very small number of inner city neighborhoods.

The cops and politicians know this but they choose to do nothing because it is predominantly young minority males killing other young minority males.
Ignorance? That's your middle name.

Ignorance? That's your middle name.
You know nothing about this country.

You don't know that if we calculated the murder rate of the entire country and removed a few of the most violent urban communities that the murder rate for the rest of the country would be cut by about 70%. or more

You don't know this because you are a simple minded sheep who likes intrusive government and being treated like a child.

Let me add to your post...

actually concentrated in a very small number of inner city neighborhoods.

That are under the total control of the democrat party and their anti-police policies, and their catch and release policies for violent criminals.

Only because men hunt them down and they have no means to defend themselves.

And no there is not CC TV everywhere in the US.

The country is too big for that . Your country is about the size of the state of Michigan and has 65 million people crammed into it cheek to jowl.

And if that 3 in pocket knife has a simple locking mechanism it is illegal.

You people need permission to carry a simple multitool.

But as I said you are conditioned to accept intrusive government and you all seem to like being treated like children.

And they can't sing "kung fu fighting....."

You know nothing about this country.

You don't know that if we calculated the murder rate of the entire country and removed a few of the most violent urban communities that the murder rate for the rest of the country would be cut by about 70%. or more

You don't know this because you are a simple minded sheep who likes intrusive government and being treated like a child.
1,074 posts later and your pettyness continues. Suffice to say, America can only start to solve the problem by amending the cause, the 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back