Guesses on what rifle was used at the parade shooting

That's not a hard concept to understand.

People who commit suicide are in pain, angry, and desperate. They sometimes lash out and take perceived enemies with them.

Not a few mass shooters turn the gun on themselves for just that reason
Oh, you are talking about this new way of angry suicide, where the suicider kills lots of kills or people in malls and then gets killed by cops. Agreed, that is a new thing going on. Thanks for the explanation!

Oh, you are talking about this new way of angry suicide, where the suicider kills lots of kills or people in malls and then gets killed by cops. Agreed, that is a new thing going on. Thanks for the explanation!
There's nothing new about it.

Cops are terrified to be called to a potential suicide because the "suicider" has nothing to lose

There's nothing new about it.

Cops are terrified to be called to a potential suicide because the "suicider" has nothing to lose
I think the widespread suicide by cop is pretty new, especially this method of first shooting lots of unrelated people so that the police have to shoot, usually. That's not what happened with Crimo, however. He wanted to get away: different motivation.

Probably a Kel-Tec SU-16 or Sub 2000. They're 5.56mm/.223 but not really AR-style rifles.

The powers that be are trying to figure out how they're gonna spin this, since it wasn't an AR-15.

I lean towards it being the Kel-Tec sub 2000.
Did this dude work? Where did he get the money?
Kel-Tec 2000 is 700+ change, new.

A background check will not return a "stop" result on someone who can legally own a gun.
The shooter in question was not a prohibited person, and therefore could legally own a gun.
I heard today that he was able to buy a gun after his father vouched for him... I'm calling BS on that report....
This freak was threatening to kill his family at one point and also tried to kill himself this is why they took his knives...
If after all that he was still able to buy a gun then we do need to redo the gun laws because that's ridiculous...
But I still think the FBI has some explaining to do....
This isn't the first time they blew a background check which led to a mass shooting... the system is broken.... and it may have been broken on purpose....

This isn't the first time they blew a background check which led to a mass shooting... the system is broken.... and it may have been broken on purpose....
Covelli also revealed Tuesday that Crimo had two prior incidents with law enforcement. In April 2019, an individual contacted authorities about Crimo attempting suicide. Authorities spoke with Crimo and his parents, and the matter was handled by mental health professionals, Covelli said.

Then, in September 2019, a family member reported that Crimo threatened "to kill everyone" and had a collection of knives, Covelli said. Police removed 16 knives, a dagger and a sword from their residence. Highland Park police reported the incident to Illinois State Police.

"At that time there was no probable cause to arrest. There were no complaints that were signed by any of the victims," Covelli said.
Shortly after the September incident, Crimo legally purchased five firearms -- a combination of rifles, a pistol and possibly a shotgun -- between 2020 and 2021, according to Covelli. In order to buy firearms in Illinois, individuals need a Firearm Owners Identification (FOID) card. Crimo was under 21, so he was sponsored by his father, state police said in a news release. Crimo's application was not denied because there was "insufficient basis to establish a clear and present danger" at the time.

The shooter was not a prohibited person, which is why he was able to buy firearms.

The shooter was not a prohibited person, which is why he was able to buy firearms
Well then that needs fixing... right?.... suisidal attempts and threats must be a red flag... I read all of this and you can say he wasn't prohibited and that's fine... I just don't believe it... like I said before... this isn't the first time this has happened... sounds like someone is pushing out excuses to defend the FBI's NICS.....

Well then that needs fixing... right?.... suisidal attempts and threats must be a red flag... I read all of this and you can say he wasn't prohibited and that's fine... I just don't believe it... like I said before... this isn't the first time this has happened... sounds like someone is pushing out excuses to defend the FBI's NICS.....

Clerical/Computer error.
I guess the computer's don't interface.

Garbage in = garbage out with garbage clerks!!! :abgg2q.jpg:

The laws are already there!!
What other reason for them not being enforced??

I lean towards it being the Kel-Tec sub 2000.
Did this dude work? Where did he get the money?
Kel-Tec 2000 is 700+ change, new.

Apparently, he had some sort of youtube following....can't verify that, heard it reported on a radio show....

I heard today that he was able to buy a gun after his father vouched for him... I'm calling BS on that report....
This freak was threatening to kill his family at one point and also tried to kill himself this is why they took his knives...
If after all that he was still able to buy a gun then we do need to redo the gun laws because that's ridiculous...
But I still think the FBI has some explaining to do....

His father signed off on an Illinois FOID card....but that doesn't really matter....the father had to sign off because at the time he was just 19........at the time of the shooting he is 21...which means he could have gotten the card and guns on his own......

Well then that needs fixing... right?.... suisidal attempts and threats must be a red flag...
"Red Flag" takes over after the guns are purchased, and someone reports the person in question.

Background checls are not a "may issue" sitation -- they determine if a person is legally able to own a gun, not if someone should have a gun.

In 1966 Charles Whitman shooting from the observation deck at the main building tower at the University of Texas over a 96 minute period killed 14 people and wounded 31 others. He did this using mainly a Remington model 700 bolt action rifle by todays standards that is a pretty simple rifle but it shows if you are shooting from an elevated position with good lines of sight you don't need anything fancy or high tech to do a lot of damage.

And the civilians in the area went to their cars and got their own rifles.....and laid out suppressive fire to keep him from shooting more people....they kept him from firing freely until the police arrived...

The Armed Civilian Who Helped Stop UT’s Tower Sniper 50 Years Ago

“You’re damn right we’re playing for keeps,” Martinez later recalled answering.
“Well, you better deputize me,” the man said.
Then, it was clear. The man with Martinez wasn’t a plainclothes officer. He was a civilian — Allen Crum, one of many who armed themselves on Aug. 1, 1966, in an effort to stop the first mass shooting at an American university.
Regular people from all over Austin had grabbed their guns from their trucks or homes that day and rushed to campus to fire at Whitman from the ground. Their bullets pelted the tower, kicking up clouds of limestone. At times, witnesses said, the campus felt like a war zone, but with armed frat boys and hunting enthusiasts instead of soldiers.
It was in essence what gun rights activists would yearn for decades later whenever a new mass shooting shocked the nation — multiple “good guys with guns” trying to end the violence. That kind of thinking helped inspire state legislators to pass a law in 2015 allowing people to take guns into university buildings in Texas. The law goes into effect Aug. 1, exactly 50 years after Whitman’s rampage.
=============================

Eye witness accounts of civilians with rifles stopping whitman...

96 Minutes

CLIF DRUMMOND was a senior and the student body president. He is a high-tech executive in Austin.
Students with deer rifles were leaning up against telephone poles, using the pole, which is rather narrow, as their shield. And they were firing like crazy back at the Tower.
FORREST PREECE was a junior. A retired advertising executive, he lives in Austin.
I saw two guys in white shirts and slacks running across the lawn of the Pi Phi house, hustling up to its porch with rifles at the ready. Someone was yelling, “Keep down, man. Keep down!”
BRENDA BELL: I don’t know where these vigilantes came from, but they took over Parlin Hall and were crashing around, firing guns. There was massive testosterone.
J. M. COETZEE was a Ph.D. candidate in English literature and linguistics. A novelist who won the 2003 Nobel Prize for literature, he lives in Adelaide, Australia.
I hadn’t fully comprehended that lots of people around me in Austin not only owned guns but had them close at hand and regarded themselves as free to use them.
BILL HELMER: I remember thinking, “All we need is a bunch of idiots running around with rifles.” But what they did turned out to be brilliant. Once he could no longer lean over the edge and fire, he was much more limited in what he could do. He had to shoot through those drain spouts, or he had to pop up real fast and then dive down again. That’s why he did most of his damage in the first twenty minutes.

His father signed off on an Illinois FOID card....but that doesn't really matter....the father had to sign off because at the time he was just 19........at the time of the shooting he is 21...which means he could have gotten the card and guns on his own......

But how did he afford them(as in plural)?

Clerical/Computer error.
I guess the computer's don't interface.

Garbage in = garbage out with garbage clerks!!! :abgg2q.jpg:

The laws are already there!!
What other reason for them not being enforced??
Intentionally cluster fucked.... this is my point... the government does this all the time... they ruin a good system to get their way... I have questions for Mr. Wray.... and we all should have questions for him....

"Red Flag" takes over after the guns are purchased, and someone reports the person in question.

Background checls are not a "may issue" sitation -- they determine if a person is legally able to own a gun, not if someone should have a gun.
Either the system isn't working by happenstance or its intentional... he should have never been able to buy a gun... just like so many nuts before him.....

Forum List

Back