Guess I'm on the no-fly list now

Meh I'll just go into Belfast

Be sure to wear a burka, so you won't arouse any suspicion. :lmao:

I have the red hair, green eyes and temper....I'll blend right in

They'd probably call you "Florence of Arabia."

I wonder if I can get a RPG conceal carry?

Now you're on "The List" for sure.

Not for long I'm going to flip on you, I'll be like I heard you guys are looking for JGault....let's deal

God help 'em if the rest of the Brits are as lost as Tommy Tainant. Even with an expensive GPS, they'd be stumbling around in the woods for days.

...and never acknowledge that their GPS works from American satelites.

They don't acknowledge that because they think a GPS works from magic waves that emanate from Stonehenge. Tommy is sacrificing his pet goat this very minute, to the magic Stonehenge gods of gps.

It's comforting to know that the UK, to protect their citizens, is scanning for radiation and it could detect such from simply paint on an item like a compass.... WOW!

The question: IS the USA doing the same? How could this item make it from JGalt's post office, through the USPS distribution center for his state, to the US international/Customs center, and then on to the UK without any detection of the radiation????????????

Not sure, but I would guess that everything that comes in through US Customs goes through a scanner, and packages outgoing are checked by the destination's Customs.

Hopefully, this has not landed you on a no fly list! Though, I think they can tell already that you were simply a regular ole Joe, just trying to sell some old military stuff on Ebay....

BE GLAD you are not handling that radio active thing anymore and it has been taken off the market!

Mildly radioactive material like that which as on the compass isn't "deadly." Most every US military compass you can find has a similar substance in it, although this one wasn't marked. There are also hundreds of millions of vintage wristwatches out there with radium dials, and what's called "uranium glass", which is mildly radioactive. Some people even use those old Cold War era Civil Defense radiation detectors to find such items at flea markets.

You're in more danger of getting cancer from Radon gas, which is common in many homes.
we had radon gas in our home in Massachusetts and had to remediate it before they allowed the sale to go through....

we have radon gas in this one too, but it is 1/10th of 1% lower than the law that requires remediation....

I have kind of a mild obsession with clockwork. Dunno why. Like if you came in my house you'd probably wonder what the heck was ticking everywhere. It's that bad. I like to take the old mechanical ones apart and put them back together. But I clean all the parts while I'm doing it so it works when I'm done. Sometimes I have to replace little hairsprings and thing, but they're a dime a dozen. I especially like the ones with lots of complications. They're beautiful movement, and it's kind of neat to watch them when they work.

Anyway. Long story short, I buy and sell old watches all the time with radium dials. Never had a problem. And some of them haven't been marked.

Maybe it's something new they're doing. Dunno. Or just luck of the draw, hard to say.

As far as the list, everybody's on a list some place anyway. Maybe a couple of lists even. Or a few, maybe.

no fly list

I actually do worry about this. Just as the Google/facebook/twitter/paypal/visa/cloudflare totalitarians have locked down free speech on the internet we should expect the large transportation companies to eventually join in. There are already cases such as Alex Jones but it always starts with the really prominent and then moves down. They are a little behind but some of the things I am seeing in transportation echo what the silicon valley and media elites were starting to demand after the Great Asskicking of '16 when they began their effort to silence the voices that had defeated the Democrats.
There are many ways to build an iron curtain.

Maybe those JW nuts are right and the mark of the beast is upon us. When Visa and Paypal and Chase Bank are done you will know the meaning of ''And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name." Rev 13:17

It's comforting to know that the UK, to protect their citizens, is scanning for radiation and it could detect such from simply paint on an item like a compass.... WOW!

The question: IS the USA doing the same? How could this item make it from JGalt's post office, through the USPS distribution center for his state, to the US international/Customs center, and then on to the UK without any detection of the radiation????????????

Not sure, but I would guess that everything that comes in through US Customs goes through a scanner, and packages outgoing are checked by the destination's Customs.
yeah, I was thinking that too.... incoming customs would be checking...

but what if it was already in country, and someone was shipping it around?

Time for Democrats to start demanding stricter compass carry laws?

Be sure to wear a burka, so you won't arouse any suspicion. :lmao:

Not for long I'm going to flip on you, I'll be like I heard you guys are looking for JGault....let's deal

An interesting note though: lantern and lamp mantles used on Coleman lanterns and Aladdin kerosene lamps, are treated with radioactive Thorium, which is what makes them glow when they get hot. Those are shipped back and forth between the UK and the US regularly. All of the Aladdin lamp mantles I buy were manufactured overseas, and have been treated with Thorium.

I don't normally ship vintage Coleman lanterns internationally because of their high value. You can insure international shipments but once it leaves the mainland US, you're on your own. Postal theft and loss is an everyday occurrence in many foreign postal systems.

Except they will call it "common sense compass ban laws"

I bought something from a JGalt on ebay once. I forget what it was, though.

Computer memory sticks? An electronic personal reminder? A copy of "Atlas Shrugged"?
:laughing0301:

No, it wasn't me. I'm not going by that name.

An interesting note though: lantern and lamp mantles used on Coleman lanterns and Aladdin kerosene lamps, are treated with radioactive Thorium, which is what makes them glow when they get hot. Those are shipped back and forth between the UK and the US regularly. All of the Aladdin lamp mantles I buy were manufactured overseas, and have been treated with Thorium.

I don't normally ship vintage Coleman lanterns internationally because of their high value. You can insure international shipments but once it leaves the mainland US, you're on your own. Postal theft and loss is an everyday occurrence in many foreign postal systems.

Remember the kid who tried to build a breeder reactor or something from Coleman Lantern mantles? Ended up having to declare his home a cleanup site.
Smart kid. He comments in the article below that he "didnt think he took more than five years off his life".

The Radioactive Boy Scout | Harper's Magazine - Part 4

Last edited:
I bought something from a JGalt on ebay once. I forget what it was, though.

A genuine US three dollar bill

Obama money!!

obama-3-dollar-bill_140870.jpg

Remember the kid who tried to build a breeder reactor or something from Coleman Lantern mantles? Ended up having to declare his home a cleanup site.
Smart kid.

The Radioactive Boy Scout

Geezus :laughing0301:

radscout.jpg

Evidently the postal system doesn't check domestic mail. Hundreds of US military compasses have been sold on Ebay. You can buy as many as you want on there right now. The military uses radioactive Tritium on them now..

tritium compass | eBay

Forum List

Back