Guam..for the heck of it took a tour on Google maps

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
I never realized that island was that big, I thought it was just one big military landing strip, it has a K Mart, a home Depot, a Wendy's.. but no Walmart :(

It even has a bunch of jobs available on the job forums, I also never thought who would go there on vacation? Heck Guam even has a zoo..I guess you learn something new everyday.

I've known people who were stationed at Guam, and everyone I talked to who had been there said that they really enjoyed their tours there.

Never been myself though, was strictly an East Coast sailor.

It's a beautiful island. I have relatives there.

I never realized that island was that big, I thought it was just one big military landing strip, it has a K Mart, a home Depot, a Wendy's.. but no Walmart :(

It even has a bunch of jobs available on the job forums, I also never thought who would go there on vacation? Heck Guam even has a zoo..I guess you learn something new everyday.

It could capsize any moment.

I've known people who were stationed at Guam, and everyone I talked to who had been there said that they really enjoyed their tours there.

When. I think about taking a exotic vacation in the Pacific, I think Fiji or tahiti not Guam , I wonder how come it was never promoted much as a tourist destination?

Just curious..the way I read it has like 160,000 people .

When. I think about taking a exotic vacation in the Pacific, I think Fiji or tahiti not Guam , I wonder how come it was never promoted much as a tourist destination?

Just curious..the way I read it has like 160,000 people .

Maybe the military base that is there is sufficient to satisfy most of the local economy so they probably don't feel like they need to advertise for tourist dollars as much.

Guam isn't your typical island full of tourist attractions that are new and shiny.

Tropical Tours Guam

Try that for starters.

I started kindergarten and went through 1st grade there, 1959 - 60. Took a four engine prop to get there.......... Had to be careful all the time due to deadly WWII ordinance (ours and the Japs) still undiscovered all over the island. The third youngest brother was born there.

I lived on Guam from Jun 1956-Jun 1958 in Fleming Heights housing on Anderson AFB as a AF dependent. It was a beautiful place back then for a kid with a vivid imagination and loving exploration of the surrounding jungle. Looking on Google Maps now and seeing the beach on Tumon Bay packed and scared with resort hotels for Chinese, Korean and Japanese tourists somehow soured my memories of 60 years ago!

It's too damn small for NK to ever hit. Zoom out in google maps and watch how quick it dosappears.

It's too damn small for NK to ever hit. Zoom out in google maps and watch how quick it dosappears.

Exactly

Forum List

Back