Gross and Disgusting Food Combo Fads

Chicken and waffles... don't knock it until you've tried it. Good eatin'.

If you've never had cashews on your pepperoni pizza, you're missing out there as well...

But I don't like nuts! I can't imagine that would change if I put some on pizza. :lol:

Well... you got me there.... :lol:
What is the deal with people poring a perfectly good bag of peanuts into a coke and drinking it? Yuk.

It's the salt in the peanuts that makes it good,the ol salty sweet thing.
Back in my day it was an RC cola.

Actually the same reason pork and fruit go together.

Last edited:

If you've never had cashews on your pepperoni pizza, you're missing out there as well...

But I don't like nuts! I can't imagine that would change if I put some on pizza. :lol:

What is the deal with people poring a perfectly good bag of peanuts into a coke and drinking it? Yuk.

Heard of it, never tried it, so I don't know.

Come south and explain to me boiled peanuts... wth...

Know very little about em being from Texas. Had em a few times but wasnt impressed but I could say the same about brikest.

Know very little about em being from Texas. Had em a few times but wasnt impressed but I could say the same about brikest.

A Texan who doesn't like brisket? I know, as a former Texan, that that is close to blasphemy. It's like the official state dessert. :lol:

A Texan who doesn't like brisket? I know, as a former Texan, that that is close to blasphemy. It's like the official state dessert. :lol:

You got me all wrong....
I've been unimpressed with a lot of briskets....admittedly a few of them have been my own.
Just saying I've had more bad brisket than good.

I love how so many people decry ham with pineapple on a pizza when fruit goes with pork loin and pork belly like a mofo!!!

Pineapple doesn't belong on pizza, or with pork loin or pork belly. ;)

It's okay. I wont deny your hate for something that most of the world loves.
Think of a Chutney with pork. Good stuff!!
Of course where you live has a lot to do with it.

I hate quite a few things most of the world loves. I'm a picky eater. :lol:

WTF? Who does that? :cheeky-smiley-018:

WTF? Who does that? :cheeky-smiley-018:
My wife used to. Somebody else mentioned doing it with RC (Royal Crown) Cola. I remember seeing guys down here doing that back when I was a kid hauling hay. Probably a southern thing.

I love how so many people decry ham with pineapple on a pizza when fruit goes with pork loin and pork belly like a mofo!!!

I'll try anything once.
If it sucks it sucks.

I'll try anything once.
If it sucks it sucks.

Depends what's in/on it. If something is covered in mayo, why would I bother? I know it's going to be gross. :lol:
I'm mostly good with the foods I do like, anyway. If only my digestive system also liked them all...

Pork Chops & Applesauce...….I remembered that line from the old Brady Bunch tv show. Finally tried it, and now it's a given. I use the applesauce like a steak sauce. It's great.

ham with pineapple...….whether it's on a pizza or baked together in the oven is like 'peanut butter & jelly', they just naturally go together.

Pork lends itself to the sweetness of the fruit. Even the best BBQ sauce for pork is sweet. Beef on the other hand, is better with a tangy sauce, without the sweet.

Fries?? Ketchup isn't bad, but tartar sauce is much better. Hubs used to like them dipped in a chocolate shake, which was ok I guess. But the weirdest thing I seen him do, was put strawberry jam on a cheese omelette :ack-1:

Then there's the bacon craze. Personally I prefer hickory smoked for a savory flavor. Not too big on Maple flavored bacon. Though bacon with pancakes, waffles or French toast that has maple syrup...is ok. But now people want bacon cheesecake, bacon ice cream, bacon cookies, etc. etc. etc. NO, just no.

Two of my favorite sweets are chocolate.....and a fruit or plain cheesecake...….so one time I had to try a chocolate cheesecake...….never EVER again. They are both wonderful on their own, but NOT mixed together. :eek-52:

fried pickles and grits/shrimp are popular in Texas

fried pickles and grits/shrimp are popular in Texas
Good Lord, and I've always thought so well of Texas.

I'll try anything once.
If it sucks it sucks.

Depends what's in/on it. If something is covered in mayo, why would I bother? I know it's going to be gross. :lol:
I'm mostly good with the foods I do like, anyway. If only my digestive system also liked them all...

Same can be said for a dog turd..

I love getting a nice mouthful of sunflower seeds,in the shell,and taking a drink of Coke.

I love getting a nice mouthful of sunflower seeds,in the shell,and taking a drink of Coke.
My wife says I have a hang up about textures in foods. Bill Cosby once did a funny bit about lumps in cream of wheat, making you gag, and his mother trying to disguise them by putting in raisins, but his throat knew the difference and it was all just a plot to kill little kids off. Great comedian before he became a perv.

Forum List

Back