Groomer gets probation because prison wouldn't rehabilitate him.

pknopp

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2019
Is the reason most child molesters and rapists go to prison, to rehabilitate them? How could this now not be the standard for anyone caught molesting and raping minors?

Sanford, however, emphasized that the law prevented him from being vindictive with his sentencing decision and noted Barber would likely not receive any rehabilitation if he were sent to prison.

Is the reason we send people to prison just because we are being vindictive?

Oh look, another leftist supporting a child molester!

Oh look, another leftist supporting a child molester!
I didn't take that way.

It sounded like pknopp opposes releasing the stat rapist? Odd for a liberal, but this is a heterosexual statutory rapist so maybe that is the difference?

I have to say that if this were not a police officer or if this girl was not someone he met while performing LE duties, prison for a consensual relationship with a 16 year old is unwarranted.

I didn't take that way.

It sounded like pknopp opposes releasing the stat rapist? Odd for a liberal, but this is a heterosexual statutory rapist so maybe that is the difference?

I have to say that if this were not a police officer or if this girl was not someone he met while performing LE duties, prison for a consensual relationship with a 16 year old is unwarranted.
Ok, I had to reread it. By this:

How could this now not be the standard for anyone caught molesting and raping minors?

I think pknopp means that since this heterosexual cis male got off light for banging a sixteen year old girl, we have to apply the same to any "minor attracted person," including a pre-K teacher who grooms a boy into thinking he is a girl and teaches "her" how to make boys happy.

You had me going, pknopp!

I didn't take that way.

I am pro-life. I support the 2nd. I believe we need to balance the budget. I believe in the electoral college.

What make me a liberal?

For an 18 year old maybe. Not here.

Ok, I had to reread it. By this:

How could this now not be the standard for anyone caught molesting and raping minors?

I think pknopp means that since this heterosexual cis male got off light for banging a sixteen year old girl, we have to apply the same to any "minor attracted person," including a pre-K teacher who grooms a boy into thinking he is a girl and teaches "her" how to make boys happy.

You had me going, pknopp!

So did you answer? Did you address my point? In cases where an adult commits statutory rape, how can the system apply a different standard to them than they did here?

I am pro-life. I support the 2nd. I believe we need to balance the budget. I believe in the electoral college.

What make me a liberal?
Apologies for my hideous insult, then.
For an 18 year old maybe. Not here.
For an 18 year old, there should be no penalty, nor for a seventeen year old in many states, because that is the age of consent.

Sex with a girl a month shy of her seventeenth birthday is not the same as sex with a six year old. It should not lead to prison. Unless it was done under color of law, in which case prison time might be appropriate, case by case.

So did you answer? Did you address my point? In cases where an adult commits statutory rape, how can the system apply a different standard to them than they did here?
Because sex with a late teenager is not the same as sex with an early teenager, a late pre-teenager or an early pre-teenager. Gay or gender confused young teenagers and late pre-teens would be especially vulnerable to an adult predator if they are friendless and desperate for acceptance.

So, they get special protection in the form of harsher penalties for the predators.

Apologies for my hideous insult, then.

For an 18 year old, there should be no penalty, nor for a seventeen year old in many states, because that is the age of consent.

Sex with a girl a month shy of her seventeenth birthday is not the same as sex with a six year old. It should not lead to prison. Unless it was done under color of law, in which case prison time might be appropriate, case by case.

Because sex with a late teenager is not the same as sex with an early teenager, a late pre-teenager or an early pre-teenager. Gay or gender confused young teenagers and late pre-teens would be especially vulnerable to an adult predator if they are friendless and desperate for acceptance.

So, they get special protection in the form of harsher penalties for the predators.

None of them can legally consent.

None of them can legally consent.
Between a rubber sex doll and a newborn infant, neither can legally consent. But sex with one is a felony and the other just kind of icky.

Your attempt at making an equivalency of sex with a slightly underaged, but willing participant and a groomed pre-teen falls flat. You sure that you're not liberal?

Between a rubber sex doll and a newborn infant, neither can legally consent. But sex with one is a felony and the other just kind of icky.

Your attempt at making an equivalency of sex with a slightly underaged, but willing participant and a groomed pre-teen falls flat. You sure that you're not liberal?

I guess so if you are saying as a Conservative there are times where an adult having sex with a minor should be accepted.

I guess so if you are saying as a Conservative there are times where an adult having sex with a minor should be accepted.
No, I'm saying as a libertarian, that having sex with a willing sixteen year old doesn't violate their rights as much as grooming and having sex with a six year old does. I'm guessing conservatives will side with you on that one.

No, I'm saying as a libertarian, that having sex with a willing sixteen year old doesn't violate their rights as much as grooming and having sex with a six year old does. I'm guessing conservatives will side with you on that one.

Stealing $200 isn't as bad as stealing $2500 either but......................

Is the reason most child molesters and rapists go to prison, to rehabilitate them? How could this now not be the standard for anyone caught molesting and raping minors?

Sanford, however, emphasized that the law prevented him from being vindictive with his sentencing decision and noted Barber would likely not receive any rehabilitation if he were sent to prison.

Is the reason we send people to prison just because we are being vindictive?

From what I have seen or heard, there isn't much rehabilitation in prisons, if it is possible, once these pervs get a taste for that kind of thing. Locking them away to protect kids, works for me.

From what I have seen or heard, there isn't much rehabilitation in prisons, if it is possible, once these pervs get a taste for that kind of thing. Locking them away to protect kids, works for me.

Right but if you let this guy out from going to prison, how do you justify sending anyone?

There is no rehab in prison. It's all up to the con.

Right but if you let this guy out from going to prison, how do you justify sending anyone?
If it were me, he would not have gotten probation. Either you have a law and a conviction by a jury or you don't. I have sat juries. I never voted guilty hoping the criminal would get probation. Too much probation and early out is what is wrong with the criminal courts now.
People talk about the US having the most people in prison, but it never seem to occur to them that we might be a society of most self privileged, do what I want to do, subculture on earth. If you haven't noticed, a lot of people here suck and deserve to be in prison. I am not just talking about the pervs, either.

Forum List

Back