Griner to be sent to a Russian penal colony

Like I said in the previous post, look at all the Americans who are prisoners abroad. The all got arrested for doing something stupid. Says that countries legal system. Who are we to argue, right? I mean if she should have known better, they too should have known better to be doing whatever it is they say they were doing when they locked them up.
You ask who you are to argue and then make an argument in favor of imprisonment. If you're going to make an argument why start off being a bitch about it? 😄
Let's not debate it from now on. Anyone locked up abroad, deserves it. Whatever the punishment is. It was their mistake to travel abroad.
I disagree but then I'm not a hilarious piece of shit like you are.

The trade is of higher propaganda value. We do not actually owe her anything, and most people know this. She knew better and it was her choice. She just did not get away with it. Sad, but it is what it is.
Your feelings are almost unanimous with the others who have posted on this topic.
Would you feel the same way if she wasn't previously a 'he'?

That would be a 'first' for any American convicted of a crime in a foreign country. You know that and so you're going to either be honest or wait for the question to go away.

I wouldn't ask anybody else the same question, but I ask you because it's going to be taken seriously by you.

Compare this to the Amanda Knox case in which America gladly overlooked the crime of murder.

This one is an example of Americans indicted themselves for the reason that they turn thumbs down on her for her sexual identity preferences alone.

Probably did, and Brittney spits on the rules. After all, they were made for everybody but her privileged ass.
I don't think it is a matter of privilege. She either forgot those cartridges were in her luggage or didn't think she would be caught. Stupid, but it could happen to anybody who is stupid.

Griner isn't a teenager on a school trip, and she traveled to Russia frequently for work. Ignorance of the law isn't an excuse.
Agreed. Ignorance of the law isn't an excuse and I'm pretty sure she most likely wasn't ignorant of the law re illegal drugs in Russia. So yes she was likely guilty. And she was exceedingly stupid to assume she wouldn't be caught. I still think the sentence excessive for the offense.

“Today we are bringing home another American citizen, big thing, very big,” Trump said at the beginning of a coronavirus task force briefing. Trump also said that the US is working hard to secure the release American journalist Austin Tice, who disappeared in Syria in 2012. Separately, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo announced that Iran has released American Mike White on medical furlough.

The President has made the release of American hostages overseas a priority, bringing detained US citizens home from Afghanistan, North Korea, Egypt, Iran and Turkey. The elevation of Robert O’Brien from Trump’s envoy for hostage negotiations to his national security adviser in September 2019 has made the issue even more prominent.

Trump expressed appreciation to the Lebanese government. “They worked with us and we are very proud of his family… and they are thrilled,” he said.

Pompeo said Fakhoury’s release “comes as a relief to those who have followed the case with grave concern. We are relieved to be able to welcome him back home.”

Fakhoury’s release on Tuesday drew condemnation in Lebanon, where his work running the Khiam prison during Israel’s occupation of the country in the early 1980s, earned him the nickname “the butcher of Khiam.”

Trump also said that the US is “working very hard with Syria” to free Tice, adding that they have recently sent a letter to Syria about the former Marine who was working as a freelance journalist when he was kidnapped.

“We’re doing the best we can, so Syria, please work with us. We would appreciate you letting him out,” he said. He later tempered expectations about Tice, telling CNN’s Kaitlan Collins that “I’m not confirming he’s alive.”

Pompeo used the opportunity to renew his calls for Iran to release other detained Americans. Last week, Pompeo called on Tehran to release detained Americans after officials there released 70,000 prisoners because of coronavirus concerns. “Their detention amid increasingly deteriorating conditions defies basic human decency,” Pompeo said March 10.

On Thursday, he pushed again.

“We again call on the Iranian government to immediately release on humanitarian grounds Morad Tahbaz, Baquer Namazi, and Siamak Namazi,” he said in his statement. “We also ask the regime to honor the commitment it made to work with the United States for the return of Robert Levinson,” the longest-held American prisoner in Iran.

Also Thursday, he cited the threat from the novel coronavirus as he called on Venezuela to release five American citizens and one US resident who work for the energy company Citgo “who are currently languishing in the notorious Helicoide prison in Caracas.”
Irrelevant. Griner is not a hostage but could be Putin's trading chip in dealing with idiots like Brandon.

Certainly not a crime that deserves time in a forced labor camp.
Not for you to say. Not your country. You leftists may believe you get to call all the shots here in America -- and you will find out otherwise soon -- but Russia is laughing at your arrogance right now.

Forum List

Back