Green energy, is a joke.

Ahahahah :auiqs.jpg:
Green energy, in particular, wind turbines are an eyesore, expensive, don't last very long, and destroy themselves in the process polluting the environment and killing/destroying ecosystems. But that's not want the Greens will tell you or the WEF wankers.

Go Greta...

:cul2:

Tell that to the Sun...

Warren Buffet

"For example, on wind energy, we get a tax credit if we build a lot of wind farms. That's the only reason to build them. They don't make sense without the tax credit."

LINK
Subsidies, without them nothing happens with a winner and a loser the outcome with a whole lot of wasted money pushing up inflation. All for the greater good, not.

yay-ahhh.gif

The Sun emits green energy.
Yes, but just to remind you...

Green energy, in particular, wind turbines are an eyesore, expensive, don't last very long, and destroy themselves in the process polluting the environment and killing/destroying ecosystems. But that's not want the Greens will tell you or the WEF wankers.

Go Greta...

:cul2:

I find it interesting that you start off your argument with the entirely subjective comment that wind turbines are an eyesore. I don't think so and I suspect many people agree with me. It is only recently that they have begun failing catastrophically and that is very likely due to the massive growth in the industry; a growing pain. The pollution created in their production and operation is a tiny, tiny fraction of that produced by generating that same energy with fossil fuels. They do not destroy ecosystems. Fossils fuels do. Your comments and this thread are vaporware.

I find it interesting that you start off your argument with the entirely subjective comment that wind turbines are an eyesore. I don't think so and I suspect many people agree with me. It is only recently that they have begun failing catastrophically and that is very likely due to the massive growth in the industry; a growing pain. The pollution created in their production and operation is a tiny, tiny fraction of that produced by generating that same energy with fossil fuels. They do not destroy ecosystems. Fossils fuels do. Your comments and this thread are vaporware.
Awareness buddy. Awareness. The messenger always gets to dodge potshots.
You should do more research on the negative effects wind turbines do, during their lifespan and when they're destroyed or no longer functioning. It's a nightmare for a pittance of power that they create to power the world of EVs. It's a farce.

Awareness buddy. Awareness. The messenger always gets to dodge potshots.
You should do more research on the negative effects wind turbines do, during their lifespan and when they're destroyed or no longer functioning. It's a nightmare for a pittance of power that they create to power the world of EVs. It's a farce.
Pittance of power? Let's see how much coal we need to burn to equal the output of a measly 3 MW wind turbine.

1.12 lbs/kWh

3 MW / 1 kW = 3,000

3,000 x 1.12 = 3.360 lbs = 1.68 tons PER HOUR.

This site estimates that a typical 2.5 - 3 MW onshore wind turbine will produce 6 million kWh every year.

For a 3MW turbine, that's 2,000 full power hours (out of 8,760hrs/yr). That would require burning 3,360 tons of coal. To cover one, 3 MW wind turbine. Pittance?

Pittance of power? Let's see how much coal we need to burn to equal the output of a measly 3 MW wind turbine.

1.12 lbs/kWh

3 MW / 1 kW = 3,000

3,000 x 1.12 = 3.360 lbs = 1.68 tons PER HOUR.

This site estimates that a typical 2.5 - 3 MW onshore wind turbine will produce 6 million kWh every year.

For a 3MW turbine, that's 2,000 full power hours (out of 8,760hrs/yr). That would require burning 3,360 tons of coal. To cover one, 3 MW wind turbine. Pittance?
Meh!
Have you got room in your backyard for one?
Unfortunately, this example is for offshore wind farms. But the point is, you need a shit ton of them to even come close to conventional methods of power generation for a large city.

The top five cities with the biggest offshore areas, in square kilometers (km2), of wind turbines needed to power them:

1. Tokyo, Japan, would need 10,620 km2 of space to power the city with wind turbines.
  2. New York City, U.S., would need 3,797 km2 of space to power the city with wind turbines.
  3. Seoul, South Korea, would need 3,752 km2 of space to power the city with wind turbines.
  4. Shanghai, China, would need 3,402 km2 of space to power the city with wind turbines.
  5. Los Angeles, U.S., would need 1,872 km2 of space to power the city with wind turbines.
How Much Wind Energy Does Your City Need?

Don't forget, these things break often and what happens when there is bugger all wind? Lights out, everyone.

Well. I see it thissa way. I'f'n yaint gotz enuff dirt to put a mill, nor water for a wheel and enough roof for panels; each one alone enough to power your house and shop; you belong in the debit column.
I think Lord Henry called y'all "useless eaters" ?
Shit. I gotta go pull some trout off a pond before dark.Gotta put some recycled restaurant oil in my ol BJ40 first.

Meh!
Have you got room in your backyard for one?
Unfortunately, this example is for offshore wind farms. But the point is, you need a shit ton of them to even come close to conventional methods of power generation for a large city.

The top five cities with the biggest offshore areas, in square kilometers (km2), of wind turbines needed to power them:

1. Tokyo, Japan, would need 10,620 km2 of space to power the city with wind turbines.
  2. New York City, U.S., would need 3,797 km2 of space to power the city with wind turbines.
  3. Seoul, South Korea, would need 3,752 km2 of space to power the city with wind turbines.
  4. Shanghai, China, would need 3,402 km2 of space to power the city with wind turbines.
  5. Los Angeles, U.S., would need 1,872 km2 of space to power the city with wind turbines.
How Much Wind Energy Does Your City Need?

This note from the end of your linked article would have been handy.

Editor’s note: RS Components, a Northants, UK-based electronic components manufacturer, commissioned the wind farm capacity research in this article. Energy consumption of each city was calculated using the population of the city and per capita consumption of the country where that city is located, taken from the International Energy Agency. The number of turbines needed was computed as the city’s annual energy consumption divided by the amount of power an example turbine can generate in a year. A Siemens high-capacity 8MW turbine SG 8.0-167 DD was used as an example turbine and an assumed offshore wind turbine efficiency of 41 percent was taken from European Wind Energy Association. Turbine spacing was calculated on the basis of having at least 7 rotor diameters of space between each turbine, as per the UK government recommendation.

Forum List

Back