Greatest Rock performances ever filmed?

Prince was a virtuoso.

The cool thing about the guitar he played that night: That was one of the first guitars he ever owned. Everyone seems to assume it's a Fender Telecaster, but it's actually a relatively low-dollar guitar made by Hohner back in the 70's...
I had a beautiful black Hohner acoustic about 20 yrs back. They are nice sounding guitars.

I had a beautiful black Hohner acoustic about 20 yrs back. They are nice sounding guitars.

I used to work part time in a little guitar store in San Diego and was able to get my daughter her first guitar at dealer cost (plus 10%). It was a solid top Hohner. I think I paid $120 for it, and it played and sounded far better than its price tag would've suggested...

I used to work part time in a little guitar store in San Diego and was able to get my daughter her first guitar at dealer cost (plus 10%). It was a solid top Hohner. I think I paid $120 for it, and it played and sounded far better than its price tag would've suggested...
Did you get her a Marshall amp?

1991. Deep Purple ‘Slaves and Masters’ tour. Burlington Vt. My band opened up for them.
Saw Deep Purple at the Texas Jam back in the late 1980's. They broke their own record that day for loudest rock band of all time. Thankfully it was at the Cotton Bowl which is an outdoor stadium, and can't even imagine how loud it would of been indoors.

Did you get her a Marshall amp?

Eventually.

I used to play through a Marshall Bluesbreaker. It was probably the best sounding amp I've ever owned. When I hung up my guitars she inherited that, along with my Buddy Guy Signature Strat and my American Standard Hardtail...

Saw Deep Purple at the Texas Jam back in the late 1980's. They broke their own record that day for loudest rock band of all time. Thankfully it was at the Cotton Bowl which is an outdoor stadium, and can't even imagine how loud it would of been indoors.
I thought the loudest band of all time was Blue Cheer at 106 db?

Forum List

Back