Greatest Athlete Ever

Michael Jordan struggled at the beginning of his career
Not in scoring but in winning championships

BIrd and Magic were the dominant players on dominant teams
Wasn’t till Pippin and the rest of the key pieces arrived that Jordan became the GOAT
I think this is the root of this fallacy about Lebron. Lebron doesnt have a score first mentality. He has a get the best bucket mentality. Jordan was not a complete player when he first came into the league, He was a shot maker. Lebron was more of a facilitator that could be a scorer. People are judging Lebron because he doesnt play the game like MJ which is silly. You need a team to win. Never saw MJ step on the court by himself and win anything.

You never saw MJ leave to form a super team either
He didnt have to leave. They formed a super team around him. Cavs on the other hand refused to get Lebron some help.

Refused to get him some help? It’s not that easy to just put together a championship squad. They did their best and failed.

He was above average in basketball skill or he would have never been drafted. There are a ton of big guys that have never had a sniff at the NBA level due to lack of skills.
Shaq literally cleared the center with his shoulders and dunked almost every play at LSU...shot from 5 feet out like he was partially retarded, and didnt develop any actual skills until Akeem mentored him in the off season.

If shaq was 6 foot 4 instead of 7 feet, he would have not made Division 3 in college
LSU isnt the NBA. You cant go to the NBA just beause youre big. If Jordan was 6 ft instead of being 6'6" he wouldn't have played college ball.
Shaq literally went just because he was big.

So did Bol and a whole host of other giants.
Thats silly. Shaq was a skilled big man. Thats why he went to the NBA,

Bol also had skills. It wasnt just his height. Most people that tall or big are uncoordinated lumps of flesh.

Bol didn’t have any skills lol. That was an era where their were a lot of stiffs. Bol was one of them. Now his son is very skilled, but there are injury concerns with him.
Bol was a 3 point shooter and good passer. Bol was far from a stiff. His sons is going to have a hard time because he is built just like his father and that wont work in todays NBA.

Wasn’t till Pippin and the rest of the key pieces arrived that Jordan became the GOAT
I think this is the root of this fallacy about Lebron. Lebron doesnt have a score first mentality. He has a get the best bucket mentality. Jordan was not a complete player when he first came into the league, He was a shot maker. Lebron was more of a facilitator that could be a scorer. People are judging Lebron because he doesnt play the game like MJ which is silly. You need a team to win. Never saw MJ step on the court by himself and win anything.

He didnt have to leave. They formed a super team around him. Cavs on the other hand refused to get Lebron some help.

Refused to get him some help? It’s not that easy to just put together a championship squad. They did their best and failed.
So they failed. The point was that since they failed there was nothing wrong with Lebron leaving for a team that didnt fail.

So they failed. The point was that since they failed there was nothing wrong with Lebron leaving for a team that didnt fail.

One could look at it that way. Another way to look at it was he took the easy way out

Shaq literally cleared the center with his shoulders and dunked almost every play at LSU...shot from 5 feet out like he was partially retarded, and didnt develop any actual skills until Akeem mentored him in the off season.

If shaq was 6 foot 4 instead of 7 feet, he would have not made Division 3 in college
LSU isnt the NBA. You cant go to the NBA just beause youre big. If Jordan was 6 ft instead of being 6'6" he wouldn't have played college ball.

Shaq had good footwork, but I agree, the key to him being a dominant player was his combination of size, speed, and strength
He didnt get his nice footwork until Akeem mentored him. Thats from Shaqs mouth, too
Foot work isnt the only skill Shaq had. He could pass and surprisingly he could dribble.
He could dribble in the basic sense of the word, the very basic, and thats....again...the point.

My entire area's 1st string point guards that will mostly never see college "can dribble."

Youre just impressed because hes big, so its "surprising." Thats the entire point.

My 4year old son can shoot free throws on the fisher price better than shaq could...and pound for pound(lol) the hoop is the same height and distance

One could look at it that way. Another way to look at it was he took the easy way out

Whats easy about uprooting your family and moving? I for one am glad he left. He changed the landscape by doing so. Why stay somewhere that isnt working for your goals. Thats like saying its the easy way out if you leave your employer and go to a competitor because they refuse to put you in the position you aspire to have. Its stupid. No reason to stay stuck in a position when you can go somewhere else and obtain your goals.

I'll always remember watching Shaq progress, and it was pretty cool when he (finally) developed the nice little turn around, and some baseline moves. He was clunky/goofy, and lacked skill and thats as compared to the basic half-decent high school player...

And he made his living in the most prominant league in the world. Because SIZE. Monstrousity. But IM fucking better than Shaq, lb for lb skill wise...so are most people!

Whats easy about uprooting your family and moving? I for one am glad he left. He changed the landscape by doing so. Why stay somewhere that isnt working for your goals. Thats like saying its the easy way out if you leave your employer and go to a competitor because they refuse to put you in the position you aspire to have. Its stupid. No reason to stay stuck in a position when you can go somewhere else and obtain your goals.

Poor guy had to move from Cleveland to Miami. I feel sorry for him and have a new respect for him.

Shaq had good footwork, but I agree, the key to him being a dominant player was his combination of size, speed, and strength
He didnt get his nice footwork until Akeem mentored him. Thats from Shaqs mouth, too
Foot work isnt the only skill Shaq had. He could pass and surprisingly he could dribble.
He could dribble in the basic sense of the word, the very basic, and thats....again...the point.

My entire area's 1st string point guards that will mostly never see college "can dribble."

Youre just impressed because hes big, so its "surprising." Thats the entire point.

My 4year old son can shoot free throws on the fisher price better than shaq could...and pound for pound(lol) the hoop is the same height and distance
Nope. He could have played PG in high school but they pushed Shaq to use his size. It would have been silly to not use his size but he had to be prodded into it.

Poor guy had to move from Cleveland to Miami. I feel sorry for him and have a new respect for him.
I doubt he even knows you much less cares about your respect. :laugh:

Nope. He could have played PG in high school but they pushed Shaq to use his size. It would have been silly to not use his size but he had to be prodded into it.
Shaq def. could not play PG lol wtf. He could barely square up to shoot because his hand was too big for the ball and it made it uncoordinated.

I doubt he even knows you much less cares about your respect. :laugh:

He knows me. I dunked on him and he erased footage of it. Just like he did when Jordan Crawford dunked on him. Lebron is a bitch.

Shaq def. could not play PG lol wtf. He could barely square up to shoot because his hand was too big for the ball and it made it uncoordinated.
Thats not what his high school teammates say. A PG's job is not to shoot. Thats the 2, 3, 5 job. A PGs job is to break down the defense and distribute.

Im sitting here mulling over all the 80s and 90s players that I saw give it all their guts and refuse to lose...and I dont think Im putting Lebron in my top ten for will to win when factored with physical ability to do so.

Id probably even take Reggie Miller in his prime in a pinch over Lebron if something like my life were on the line. Reggie detested losing more than most humans Ive seen...too bad Mike was in the way so much, though

Thats not what his high school teammates say. A PG's job is not to shoot. Thats the 2, 3, 5 job. A PGs job is to break down the defense and distribute.
I dont need testimony - Ive seen Shaqs coordination and Id rate him: "goofy," on a scale of skilled to amputee.

Shaq doesn’t even understand the game. He’s clearly the dumbest one of the TNT commentators. Which is saying a lot.

Shaq doesn’t even understand the game. He’s clearly the dumbest one of the TNT commentators. Which is saying a lot.
He could barely hold the damn ball and someone thinks he could run point.

lol

I dont dismiss his dominance though, but thats cuz he was a monster size wise. If he had the skills of an average all area high schooler....WITH that size...he woulda been Wilt

Im sitting here mulling over all the 80s and 90s players that I saw give it all their guts and refuse to lose...and I dont think Im putting Lebron in my top ten for will to win when factored with physical ability to do so.

Id probably even take Reggie Miller in his prime in a pinch over Lebron if something like my life were on the line. Reggie detested losing more than most humans Ive seen...too bad Mike was in the way so much, though

Yet they lost all the same. You can refuse to lose all day long but it doesnt mean youre going to win. Ask Stockton and Malone. Ask Reggie, Ask Barkely. Ask A.I. The history of the NBA is filled with players that refused to lose but did all the same.

Yet they lost all the same. You can refuse to lose all day long but it doesnt mean youre going to win. Ask Stockton and Malone. Ask Reggie, Ask Barkely. Ask A.I. The history of the NBA is filled with players that refused to lose but did all the same.
Ask everyone who faced prime Jordan. I know the story...and Lebron is a great athlete with a mediocre will.

Yeah you just disqualified yourself from serious consideration with that statement. :laugh:

Forum List

Back