Great Play - WTG #21

Star

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2009
I see most everyone on this M/B and many in the media too, are questioning the end of the game play call and/or the execution of the Seahawks final offensive play but-----but I agree with HOF QB, Warren Moon. The Patriots defense was stacked against a Marshawn Lynch run, Moon's analysis; the situation called for a pass, Moon's opinion is Wilson should have checked off to an out pattern instead of sticking with the play called from the sideline but as we all know, hindsight is 20/20, but in his final analysis, the call was correct, the execution was good but-----but #21 Malcom Butler made a spectacular play.

I root for the Patriots except when they play the Seahawks and-----and I think Tom Brady is arguably the best QB in NFL history. IMO, when it comes to legacy - stats are important but rings are more important, the game, after all is said and done, is a team sport - Brady's great but he didn't do it by himself and-----and I think Brady's the first to give the team the credit... me too.

Congratulations to a great team -- the New England Patriots.

21 Butler, Malcolm

I can count on one had, then double that figure, and I still have 1 digit left of the # of people who do NOT think this was a stupid call.
You had 3 downs to get one lousy yard, and you have maybe the most difficult back in the league to take down. It's very difficult to believe that Lynch would have been stopped three times from getting the yard.

I can count on one had, then double that figure, and I still have 1 digit left of the # of people who do NOT think this was a stupid call.
You had 3 downs to get one lousy yard, and you have maybe the most difficult back in the league to take down. It's very difficult to believe that Lynch would have been stopped three times from getting the yard.

Once you get past talkin' pillow talk with your hand...
check out the replay, Malcom Butler was racing to fill the route he/the Patriots expected Marshawn Lynch to take to the end zone, whether or not that little guy could have stopped Marshawn is debatable but-----but clogging the middle would have given the big guys enough time to make the play. Unfortunately for the Seahawks Butler not only made contact with Lockette but he was able to hold onto the ball - that was a fantastic play.

And-----and Warren Moon is right, a pass was called for against the defense the Patriots showed -but- Russell Wilson coulda, woulda, shoulda checked off to an out route instead of sticking with the slant that was called from the sideline - ain't Monday morning quarterbacking fun?

Malcom Butler will most likely never buy a drink or a meal in Boston ever again!

I know the doofus' want to blame a goat but I'd rather praise the hero.

Once you get past talkin' pillow talk with your hand...
check out the replay, Malcom Butler was racing to fill the route he/the Patriots expected Marshawn Lynch to take to the end zone, whether or not that little guy could have stopped Marshawn is debatable but-----but clogging the middle would have given the big guys enough time to make the play. Unfortunately for the Seahawks Butler not only made contact with Lockette but he was able to hold onto the ball - that was a fantastic play.

And-----and Warren Moon is right, a pass was called for against the defense the Patriots showed -but- Russell Wilson coulda, woulda, shoulda checked off to an out route instead of sticking with the slant that was called from the sideline - ain't Monday morning quarterbacking fun?

Malcom Butler will most likely never buy a drink or a meal in Boston ever again!

I know the doofus' want to blame a goat but I'd rather praise the hero.

Classy Star.

Forum List

Back