What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Jury...

Canon Shooter

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I had to report for jury duty this morning. I figured they were seating a trial jury.

In fact, they were seating a federal grand jury.

I was, literally, the final alternate chosen. They empaneled 23 jurors and 16 alternates. That means they'll have to get through 15 other alternates before they get to me. I don't have to report or call in. The Assistant US Attorney told us "If we need you, we'll call you. If you don't hear from us by a year from today, you're done."

I was required to take the oath, however, so I'm officially a federal court grand juror.

I figure that and a couple of bucks will get me a cup of coffee somewhere...

johngaltshrugged

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I was called in to the county court headquarters for jury duty end of last year. First time ever.
They handed everyone a mask when we walked in, so I knew this wouldn't go well.
I wore mine like a flimsy chin diaper.
After sitting around for 10 mins, the first question they asked everyone who reported was "Have you been exposed to anyone that might have had covid in the last 2 weeks?"
I was on my way home 2 mins later.

Hopefully they leave me alone again

Hugo Furst

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had to report for jury duty this morning. I figured they were seating a trial jury.

I was, literally, the final alternate chosen. They empaneled 23 jurors and 16 alternates. That means they'll have to get through 15 other alternates before they get to me. I don't have to report or call in. The Assistant US Attorney told us "If we need you, we'll call you. If you don't hear from us by a year from today, you're done."

I was required to take the oath, however, so I'm officially a federal court grand juror.

you're paying too much for coffee

Harry Dresden

Adamantium Member
Reaction score

1 year?.....dam thats a long time.....i was on a federal trial once for a tax case and you were on call i think it was for 2 weeks....

lg325

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Thankyou for at least showing up. It's how we citizens can do some good along with voting.

Concerned American

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Not at Starbucks. LOL

💲 Amazon Deals 💲

Forum List