Grammy winner Michael Bublé admits he was high on mushrooms during NHL All-Star Game draft

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Why would he say something like this? Try and sell a few more albums to some stoners by appearing to be a rebel?

Keep it to yourself or share the story 20 years in the future. Kids are watching these games and these celebrities are bragging about taking psychedelics before a public draft in a high profile sport. I am no prude, but "to each their own" generally means "don't promote your stuff".

By the way, I don't even think these products are legal in Canada though I could be wrong. Full grown man wanting to be younger again. He can get as high as he wants but why promote this during a time when kids are watching these games. It's not as if adults watch these meaningless All-Star games, it is a time when kids see their sports heroes. Worse, Bieber was there too so many more youngsters are paying attention.

Michael Bublé was on a trip to Toronto in more ways than one on Thursday night.

The four-time Grammy Award winner is a die-hard Vancouver Canucks fan — so much so that he once canceled a concert because the Canucks were playing in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final (they lost).

Bublé was a co-captain with the Canucks' Quinn Hughes and his younger brother, New Jersey Devils' Jack Hughes. However, it appears that he wasn't exactly in the right headspace to be drafting a team.

In speaking with the media after the draft, Bublé was bragging about his fantasy hockey skills, but out of nowhere, he made quite the admission.

The singer-songwriter said a friend had given him "a microdose of mushroom," but it turned out "he was lying."

"So, I’ll be honest, I thought I was in ‘Blades of Glory’ for most of the time that I was out there until it sort of settled down," Bublé said, citing the 2007 sports comedy film that Arnett starred in with Will Ferrell, Jon Heder and Amy Poehler.

So, with his love for hockey, Bublé was tapped as a celebrity captain for the NHL All-Star Game draft, along with Justin Bieber (whose clothing brand, Drew House, designed the jerseys), Will Arnett and Tate McRae.

Forum List

Back