Gov. Tom Wolf (D-PA) vetos curriculum transparency bill, calling it a ‘dangerous and harmful imposition’

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
LOL.....Damn, the dems are as dumb as a bag of hammers....I hope they keep it up. ;)

Gov. Tom Wolf vetos curriculum transparency bill, calling it a ‘dangerous and harmful imposition’

Gov. Tom Wolf on Wednesday vetoed legislation that would have required public schools to post online educational materials used in their classrooms.

The legislation was billed as a way to give parents easier access to the curriculum being taught to their children but the governor and Democrats saw it as an unfunded mandate meant to intimidate educators and hurt students’ learning opportunities.

“Under the guise of transparency, this legislation politicizes what is being taught in our public schools,” Wolf said in his veto message.

LOL.....Damn, the dems are as dumb as a bag of hammers....I hope they keep it up. ;)

Gov. Tom Wolf vetos curriculum transparency bill, calling it a ‘dangerous and harmful imposition’

Gov. Tom Wolf on Wednesday vetoed legislation that would have required public schools to post online educational materials used in their classrooms.

The legislation was billed as a way to give parents easier access to the curriculum being taught to their children but the governor and Democrats saw it as an unfunded mandate meant to intimidate educators and hurt students’ learning opportunities.

“Under the guise of transparency, this legislation politicizes what is being taught in our public schools,” Wolf said in his veto message.
He does indeed sound like a dumb ass. It is certainly not dangerous, nor an imposition. I was doing all lesson plans that I had to teach, from lesson plan outlines on my PC for years before retiring from the military. Just about anybody worth a crap did. Not hard to publish list of the books, field manuals, maintenance manuals or video references to the subject matter being trained. Public education is no different.

Democrats believe your children belong to the government.

How very Soviet.
They do... and even the thrashing McAwful took in VA didn't seem to sink in, OR, they value their propaganda indoctrination of children to be so important to their mission of taking permanent control that they're willing to risk it. They realize they cannot convince enough adults to follow a path that has historically failed EVERY TIME it's been trodden so they have to brainwash the young.

It probably is if the truth isn't something they want parents to be aware of. Other than wanting to hide their motives and goals, it makes no sense at all.
And that's exactly the reason.

Leftism can't survive on its own. No one discards rationality to choose leftism.

No, the only way leftism can propagate is by force-feeding it to people too unsophisticated to question it.

Children.

It probably is if the truth isn't something they want parents to be aware of. Other than wanting to hide their motives and goals, it makes no sense at all.
Sounds fishy enough, you may be correct. Probably be fine for vast majority of teachers, but some might be teaching something they want to keep private from parents and public.

OK, time for me to put my teacher hat back on. I am sorry, but the governor gave the overworked and underpaid teachers a break by vetoing this bill that never would have met the intended target.

Parents want to know what is being taught in their schools, like CRT. That is fine, but if you were a teacher and understood the additional workload this creates, you would understand his position.

Math teachers don't teach CRT. Neither do about 95% of the other teachers in schools where it is being taught. Let's suppose I was an algebra teacher, which I was for most of my 21 years. I find an online video from Khan Academy that teaches graphing lines in a Cartesian coordinate system. I use that video to reteach the subject because the class didn't do well based on their homework and assessment. Sometimes students learn better the second time around with a different teacher. Under the proposed law, I would have to go back and document the fact that I was using that online resource in my syllabus, and the course curriculum. That would entail referencing the state standard which was being taught. I thought everyone hated Common Core! Those are very similar or identical to the standards you would have to reference. Now, imagine doing all that documentation for 3-4 different classes of differing topics.

I was noting the required updating in a syllabus for each course. How many elementary kids can read a syllabus?

I think you would find most teachers would not bother either making the changes or documenting it because of the additional task being placed upon their time.

If you want to ban CRT from your schools, I fully support that. As a history teacher also, I realize the lies and racism inherent to that instruction.

That was not the way to do it!

OK, time for me to put my teacher hat back on. I am sorry, but the governor gave the overworked and underpaid teachers a break by vetoing this bill that never would have met the intended target.

Parents want to know what is being taught in their schools, like CRT. That is fine, but if you were a teacher and understood the additional workload this creates, you would understand his position.

Math teachers don't teach CRT. Neither do about 95% of the other teachers in schools where it is being taught. Let's suppose I was an algebra teacher, which I was for most of my 21 years. I find an online video from Khan Academy that teaches graphing lines in a Cartesian coordinate system. I use that video to reteach the subject because the class didn't do well based on their homework and assessment. Sometimes students learn better the second time around with a different teacher. Under the proposed law, I would have to go back and document the fact that I was using that online resource in my syllabus, and the course curriculum. That would entail referencing the state standard which was being taught. I thought everyone hated Common Core! Those are very similar or identical to the standards you would have to reference. Now, imagine doing all that documentation for 3-4 different classes of differing topics.

I was noting the required updating in a syllabus for each course. How many elementary kids can read a syllabus?

I think you would find most teachers would not bother either making the changes or documenting it because of the additional task being placed upon their time.

If you want to ban CRT from your schools, I fully support that. As a history teacher also, I realize the lies and racism inherent to that instruction.

Hmmmm. Not bad, Rock. Part of the difference from looking at it like an instructor vs a full time teacher.

You never created a lesson plan? Required reading?

There should be live online cameras in classrooms so that parents can watch what is going on.
The same can be said of any public servant that deals one-on-one with the public. That way everyone can be kept on the up and up. Everyone should be responsible for their actions and/or the words that come out of their mouth.

Maybe then surly public servants could be held to account and those of the public that claim ill-treatment by public servants could also be found out if that was not the case. No more "he said she said" with the public servant usually getting the brown end of that stick.

Just look at police body cams, those have saved many more careers than they have ruined.

These requirements in the bill were in ADDITION to all of that work. Did you not learn to read?

Have you ever written a lesson plan? I doubt it!

No, I never did a lesson plan, but again, I'm not pretending to be a teacher

So you never did a curriculum? Never presented a curriculum to anyone? Was it a secret curriculum?

That's an incredibly stupid and illegal idea that has been debated to death on this forum. Catch a clue, please! If you want to watch, get off your ass and go into a classroom. Pedophiles in your community can't do that!
You are the one that is way off the mark.....During the "remote learning" period parents were given a passcode for access so I can't see why that can't be the case so parents can access their child's classroom anytime and anywhere they want. There is no expectation of privacy in a public school classroom.

The teacher unions/weak-minded just use the "pedophile gambit" as a red-herring to try to scare the public because they do not want to be held to account if need be....The whole thing smacks of the same shit police unions said when body cams started to be required.....That worked out OK.

You also seem to forget, teachers and indeed all public servants work for us so unless it's something that requires a national security clearance (not likely in a public school classroom setting) then what is your beef with it?

Oh and as far as parents "getting off their ass" if they can access a Ring doorbell on their phones they should be able to access, and sit in on, their kid's classroom activities while on break at work. It's the 2020s, not the 1950s when Mrs. Cleaver could show-up at school to keep a eye on the Beaver while Ward was out selling stocks and being the sole bread-winner.

Forum List

Back