Gov. Ron DeSantis Is Taking Actions To Make Sure No One Escapes From Republican Mistakes

Some idiot posted yesterday that Abbott's removal of mask mandate hasn't caused and uptick in Texas.
So much for that anti-science disinformation!

Leave it to someone whose “science” asserts that Bruce Jenner is a woman to puts his faith in “computer models” no matter how sharply their predictions fail to match up with observable reality.

Some idiot posted yesterday that Abbott's removal of mask mandate hasn't caused and uptick in Texas.

"Computer Models now predict..."

Computer Models predicted that Millions in the U.S. would die of Teh Covid. Didn't happen. Neither will this new doom and gloom fearmongering.

Computer Models predicted that Millions in the U.S. would die of Teh Covid. Didn't happen. Neither will this new doom and gloom fearmongering.

If I bring up AccuWeather on my phone, and it tells me that it's raining, and I look outside and see a cloudless blue sky, which should I believe?

I think that in that situation, DrLove would make sure to put on a raincoat and take an umbrella, in the unlikely event that he should dare to venture out of his mothers' basement and risk exposure to the Kung Flu.

:link: Ehh NO - that is NOT what the computer models predicted. And Fauci predicted a million if we did NOTHING. We may yet reach a million before we beat this bitch.

Have you vaxed? - If not, you'll be part of the problem as y'all become petri dishes for variants that might beat our current vaccines.

And states with idiot governors such as Abbott and DeSantis are going to have a bigly problem on their hands in the next few weeks.

If I bring up AccuWeather on my phone, and it tells me that it's raining, and I look outside and see a cloudless blue sky, which should I believe?

I think that in that situation, DrLove would make sure to put on a raincoat and take an umbrella, in the unlikely event that he should dare to venture out of his mothers' basement and risk exposure to the Kung Flu.

I had my first dose of Moderna. Second is the 14th. I will still mask and wander freely/ social distance same as ever.
But I may be quite a bit less concerned about my own health and that of those around me.
Also have flights booked for this summer - Vaccines/Masks = FREEDOM!!

PS: My Mom is dead and she never had a basement. Next time you bring her into the conversation = Report ;)

Republicans are now trying to cover for being on the wrong side of COVID.

They are now banning COVID IDs to prove you have been vaccinated.
They want to make sure that you can’t identify those Conservatives who refused to be vaccinated.
when you come right down to it, its none of YOUR fucking business who gets a shot....maybe someone will cough on you!!!!
you support "chinese flu" id's, but not for voting....go and try to find a brain....
If I own a business it is my fucking business to know whether my employees or customers are able to spread a deadly infection
and you don't...but anyhow, deflection noted..
we'll try again:
you support "chinese flu" id's, but not for voting....why is that? and dont bleat like a sheep

You claims that liberals don't support ID's for voting, is utterly false. When liberals oppose, are the very specific, limiting types of ID that Republicans are continually proposing.

For example, one Texas law said that the name on your birth certifcate had to match the name on your voting application. I've been married twice and changed my surname to my husband's name both times. So women like me, couldn't get acceptable voter ID in Texas, because the name on my birth certificate doesn't match my driver's license, or my tax records, or any of my other ID.

They want to make sure that you can’t identify those Conservatives who refused to be vaccinated.
when you come right down to it, its none of YOUR fucking business who gets a shot....maybe someone will cough on you!!!!
you support "chinese flu" id's, but not for voting....go and try to find a brain....
If I own a business it is my fucking business to know whether my employees or customers are able to spread a deadly infection
we'll try again:
you support "chinese flu" id's, but not for voting....why is that? and dont bleat like a sheep

You claims that liberals don't support ID's for voting, is utterly false. When liberals oppose, are the very specific, limiting types of ID that Republicans are continually proposing.

For example, one Texas law said that the name on your birth certifcate had to match the name on your voting application. I've been married twice and changed my surname to my husband's name both times. So women like me, couldn't get acceptable voter ID in Texas, because the name on my birth certificate doesn't match my driver's license, or my tax records, or any of my other ID.
Another game is deciding what ID is acceptable for voting.

A Hunting License is acceptable.
A Student ID is not

we'll try again:

A Student ID is not
i cant believe im responding to a brain dead dim-wit....USE YOUR DRIVERS LICENSE...if you dont have 1 go to the DMV and get a ID, or go to the sherrifs office and get an ID.....numerous places to get a VALID ID.....duh

we'll try again:

get up off your ass, like you are supposed to do when circumstances change, and get your drivers license changed, and/ or any VALID ID that you have,.....its real simple, like you

i cant believe im responding to a brain dead dim-wit....USE YOUR DRIVERS LICENSE...if you dont have 1 go to the DMV and get a ID, or go to the sherrifs office and get an ID.....numerous places to get a VALID ID.....duh
Yes, it is easy for us that drive and have a flawless identification record.
But what about those like Dragonlady who have had multiple name changes or those who have an error in their Birth Certificate or those who have an insignificant error in how their name is spelled?

Republicans will jump on that to disqualify them

For example, one Texas law said that the name on your birth certifcate [sic] had to match the name on your voting application. I've been married twice and changed my surname to my husband's name both times. So women like me, couldn't get acceptable voter ID in Texas, because the name on my birth certificate doesn't match my driver's license, or my tax records, or any of my other ID.

But what about those like Dragonlady who have had multiple name changes or those who have an error in their Birth Certificate or those who have an insignificant error in how their name is spelled?

I call solid digestive waste from a male bovine.

How many married women are there in Texas? Surely, if every one of them who has changed her name to take on her husband's last name, was having problems with voter eligibility, we'd have heard about it. No state is going to be able to disenfranchise that huge a segment of its prospective voter population, and keep it quiet.

we'll try again:

A Student ID is not

In Canada, they'll take any photo government issued photo ID, except your OHIP (health insurance) card. You cannot use your OHIP card for ID for anything. Banks and law offices are barred from accepting it either. Passports, birth certificates, driver's licenses, citizenship cards. I don't have a driver's license, so I had to get a Ontario government photo ID card so I could get my Teraview License (government Land Registry System), because my passport had expired.

In poor rural areas, of lot of elderly people don't have their births registered with the government. Especially if you had to attend at the county seat to register that birth. Their birth records are contained in local hospital records, or baptismal records. I navigated throughout my entire life without a birth certificate, photo ID, or a driver's license until 2001, when the entire world went "security crazy" after 9/11, and I lived in a large city. In small communities where everyone knows everyone else, who needs ID?

So for older people, in poor rural areas, voter ID applications require underlying documentation that the Deep South elderly folk lack due to the culture during at the time they were born. And Republican voter ID laws in these Southern States are specifically designed to require exactly the types of supporting documentation that poor folk in their state are unlikely to have.

I think I read that the Democratic Leader of the Texas State House had his application for voter ID declined by the issuing office. Ah yes:

In poor rural areas, of lot of elderly people don't have their births registered with the government. Especially if you had to attend at the county seat to register that birth. Their birth records are contained in local hospital records, or baptismal records. I navigated throughout my entire life without a birth certificate, photo ID, or a driver's license until 2001, when the entire world went "security crazy" after 9/11, and I lived in a large city. In small communities where everyone knows everyone else, who needs ID?

So for older people, in poor rural areas, voter ID applications require underlying documentation that the Deep South elderly folk lack due to the culture during at the time they were born. And Republican voter ID laws in these Southern States are specifically designed to require exactly the types of supporting documentation that poor folk in their state are unlikely to have.

I think I read that the Democratic Leader of the Texas State House had his application for voter ID declined by the issuing office. Ah yes:

The thing with voter ID is rather than help people resolve discrepancies in their identification, Republicans want to play “Gotcha”. Too bad for you.

As of Friday, the CDC COVID Data Tracker lists over 550,000 U.S. deaths from COVID-19. Researchers have made it clear that the vast majority of those people should still be alive, were it not for poor decisions made during the pandemic—specifically the lack of federal system of testing and a federal mask mandate. Those two things alone could have cut the the number of deaths by more than 50%.

What makes this worse is that these were decisions not made out of ignorance. The United States wasn’t in the position of medieval plague doctors, waving posies in the face of the black death. The efficacy of masks was clear many times over even as Donald Trump repeatedly scoffed at their use and encouraged armed protesters to insist on “freedom!” from mask mandates. Even worse, Trump was absolutely aware of the benefits of a national testing system. He deliberately halted his planned roll out of such a system specifically because he thought doing so would generate disproportionate deaths in states in blue states.

Trump’s inaction was deliberate inaction. And because he has, almost inexplicably, become the model for all things Republicans, that inaction was mimicked at every level of state and local government from governors who refused to issue measures to protect their citizens, down to sheriffs who openly stated they would not enforce the laws. The deaths that resulted from these actions weren’t tragic accidents, they were, at a minimum, negligent homicide, and they should be treated as such.

But there’s another class of action taken during the pandemic that demands even more attention, those that deliberately prevented anyone else from working to address the problem. That applies to governors like Doug Ducey in Arizona and Greg Abbott in Texas who didn’t just refuse to pass statewide mask mandates, but used their power to override mandates passed by counties or cities. And it’s true of something that Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is doing right now, by reaching into the business of private companies to tell them they can’t protect their customers.

And there is no statute of limitations on any kind of homicide. Just sayin

What kind of moron wrote this shit?
How many states can you get into a blue state anyhow?

And just to point out one major lie in your fucked up OP, Abbot did a mask mandate in TX, and just recently lifted it. He also gave localities the power to issue a new mandate if they get a spike in cases and hospitalizations above a give level.

So take your lying and propagandizing shove it up your commie ass and then just die.

That covid ID is worthless unless you have something to prove it's you. Exactly what would serve that function?

All the attempted deflections make it clear you tRumplings are aware of the criminal action described in the op.
I am aware that the poster is full of chit like you are........The face masks have been shown to be ineffective at stopping the virus although most all tried, more testing even if possible would not have changed anything, and if you follow the spread of the virus----you can thank our tomatoe pickers and asian/italian visitors for the spread....but above all else, the biggest spreader and biggest cause of covid deaths was CUOMO and the other dem governors purposely spreading this disease in nursing homes purposely racking up the death toll, and the dem riots, burning, and looting, and the general lack of hygiene that is dems (and catholics).

According to the commies in the xiden regime, being vaccinated doesn't change that. That's why they claim even vaccinated people need to wear masks. So fuck you and your ID.

Forum List

Back