Gov. Rick Perry surrenders to Travis County Jail

PoliticalTorch

VIP Member
Jun 9, 2014
U.S.A.
Gov. Rick Perry surrenders to Travis County Jail (KVUE.COM)

Grand jury indicts Gov. Rick Perry on two charges (KVUE.COM)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE: Today, Tuesday, according to news reports, Texas Governor Rick Perry turned himself in to Travis County (Austin, Texas) to be fingerprinted and his picture taken. He held a brief press conference before and after the occasion. His lawyers are expected next Friday to go back for his arraignment. Perry may or may not be there. Although he maintains that the charges were politically motivated one just has to wonder if there was true political motivation by the Republican judge that handled his case and the Republican Special Prosecutor who brought the charges against him. They were not Democrats, so many think not. IMHO, the Special Prosecutor would not bring such charges against him only to not have them hold up in court. That would obviously be a big minus for his career and that's what many people are saying. There have been on-going discussions on the radio and television to that effect on this matter.

Perry has hired about five expensive lawyers and news reports brought out that at least one charges around $450.00 an hour for his defense. Texas taxpayers are expected to foot the bill.

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

Gov. Rick Perry surrenders to Travis County Jail

Grand jury indicts Gov. Rick Perry on two charges

UPDATE: Today, Tuesday, according to news reports, Texas Governor Rick Perry turned himself in to Travis County (Austin, Texas) to be fingerprinted and his picture taken. He held a brief press conference before and after the occasion. His lawyers are expected next Friday to go back for his arraignment. Perry may or may not be there. Although he maintains that the charges were politically motivated one just has to wonder if there was true political motivation by the Republican judge that handled his case and the Republican Special Prosecutor who brought the charges against him. They were not Democrats, so many think not. IMHO, the Special Prosecutor would not bring such charges against him only to not have them hold up in court. That would obviously be a big minus for his career and that's what many people are saying. There have been on-going discussions on the radio and television to that effect on this matter.

Perry has hired about five expensive lawyers and news reports brought out that at least one charges around $450.00 an hour for his defense. Texas taxpayers are expected to foot the bill.

1. We do have some really stupid judges if he/she is a Republicans, or so called, in order to give the story legs, also the Rep. Special Prosecutor, sure he is a Rep, fucking give me a break, they are bullshitting, and I know bullshit when I read it, these bastards are *RINO'S* !!!!
2. This story stinks like a fresh pile of shit!
3. And Rick Perry will run these bastards over like a freight train.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Yup-----Texans can thank Democrats for wasting their money when Perry walks.

notice no whine from Democrats/libs about all that MONEY wasted on useless investigations

and remember when the gop was going to sue Obambam? the wailing and screeching?

Republican special prosecutor?

Is there a specific reason you cannot make a post without lying? Perhaps a genetic defect?

Sorry bout that,

1. We do have some really stupid judges if he/she is a Republicans, or so called, in order to give the story legs, also the Rep. Special Prosecutor, sure he is a Rep, fucking give me a break, they are bullshitting, and I know bullshit when I read it, these bastards are *RINO'S* !!!!
2. This story stinks like a fresh pile of shit!
3. And Rick Perry will run these bastards over like a freight train.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I will guess you aren't on the grand jury or the judge or in the prosecutor's office, yet somehow you seem to know that the charges are false. How can you be so sure? Partisanship?

I'm a liberal, I'm no fan of Gov. Perry yet I hope that if he is innocent he is found innocent because justice is more important than partisanship.

Justice under the law is going to have to be served here but already the Judge is a Republican and so is the Special Prosecutor so it will be interesting to see how things play out.

The party of the judge is irrelevant at this point, it will only make a difference after the charges are dismissed for violating state law.

I will guess you aren't on the grand jury or the judge or in the prosecutor's office, yet somehow you seem to know that the charges are false. How can you be so sure? Partisanship?

I'm a liberal, I'm no fan of Gov. Perry yet I hope that if he is innocent he is found innocent because justice is more important than partisanship.

I can't speak for Chess, but I know they are false because I actually understand the law.

Would you like me to shove that law down your throat to demonstrate?

The party of the judge is irrelevant at this point, it will only make a difference after the charges are dismissed for violating state law.

What do you mean it's not relevant? It's relevant, if the Texas Republicans have the fix in. They're hardly going to let this stand! People, including in this thread, are crowing about it already. I guess they just can't wait to confirm Texas as one of the most corrupt states in the union.

The Special Prosecutor McCrum's party affiliation isn't known but he seems to be a Democrat. There are some reports that make the case look shaky, and the burden of proof for the prosecution seems difficult to make because the prosecution's case hinges on the Gov.'s intent. Could be a political move to knock Perry out of the Presidential race (though not timed well if that is the case). I guess we'll see when the case goes to trial...

No way should the taxpayers be expected to foot the bill for his legal defense. He needs to use his OWN money to fund his lawyers. He screwed up, he should suffer the consequences, and if that means losing financially, so be it.

Forum List

Back