Gotta see this: Texas deputies shoot woman mistaken for intruder, bodycam video shows

But she was going to the door and not pointing the gun at anyone.
So there was no basis for firing at her.

Yes, there was; it's called protecting yourself and not risking your life just because some idiots come along with the 'jeenyus' of hindsight and still get it wrong because they watch a lot of TV cops and think they're all supposed to be Perry Mason or the the Reagans from Bluebloods n stuff.

This is insane. They empty a full magazine each, reload, and fire again from outside the apartment not knowing who else was in the apartment. Or any one behind a wall when they shot that poor woman.

Crazy Video

The police announced themselves first. I saw the video. They're not the ones at fault here.

Sounds like shoot first, ask questions later. Looks like the apartment dweller will get a payday.

I was going to comment on what I just said above, but I see that you found out what actually happened later on. That's why nobody should ever jump to conclusions without hearing the full story.

A few things I want to know before I throw the cops under the bus.
Did they announce themselves when they entered the apartment?
If they did and she walked up to them with a gun in her hand it was her who fucked up not the cops.
Not only that did she announce herself as the person who called the cops in the first place?

I have questions.

And you were good to ask them before you realized later on in this thread that the woman with the gun was the one at fault.

if its her house she has every right to have a gun in her hand,,

Nobody said that she couldn't, but she was an idiot for bringing it to the door with her when she could have looked out the peephole or called 911 to check what was going on before answering the door.

How did she even know the police were coming when she didn't call them.

They announced themselves first.

Any thug can announce themselves as the police

Yes, but highly unlikely.

Maybe,but it's up to you to make the right decision.
If it were me and I had doubts I'd tell the cops to wait while I called the police to verify they had been dispatched to my location.

Exactly!

how do you know she even heard the cops annpunce themselves??

Unless she was deaf or hard of hearing she heard them.

unless the cops shoot you 30 times before you can make the call,,

They only started shooting when she came to the door with a gun.

even if she did hear them,, that doesnt justify trying to kill her because she had a gun in her hand because thats not illegal,,

doesnt matter cause its not illegal to have a gun in your hand in your own home,,

You really are missing the point here.

the gun was down by her side,, and not illegal,,

Yeah,.. and she could have drawn it and started shooting within a few seconds.

The police have to understand that an armed populace means you can't go blasting every time you see a gun.

And roll the dice with their lives in the process?

Forum List

Back